The Thingy (this could get a little crazy)

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Postby chickens1127 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:59 pm

But I come from behind and unload a clip into Mercedes with an uzi, the real Mercedes, not a fake one. Then I do the same to reneuend and take his clothes and dress up like him. Then I walk into one of the tents and collect the thingy and run away with it to place it in the Antartica so it will freeze a mile above the top ice.
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby Zenoc2 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:09 am

Aaaieeeeeeey! You shot two of our members! Fortunately, you only shot them in the legs, so now they're just amputees, rather than dead. Rather angry amputees, I'll imagine, too. 8) Better look out, Chicken-boy! :P

Oh, and I think reneuend will be wanting that Hawaiian shirt back. :wink:
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:04 am

I am once again outrageous. My desk is broken in two and two of the Omega troops are hanging from the ceiling
-HOW COULD YOU LEAVE YOUR LEADER ALONE???
-I 'm sorry sir, but sir, she whines a lot, sir.
I take out my .50 cal and shoot him, I 'm so angry.
Then an idea comes to my mind! Yes, that's it!

I make the call. Soon mercedes is on her legs again, basically inside an Mjolnir exoskeleton suit. It's a little heavy, but the injected drugs will help her develop more strength and fighting abilities. In her hand there's a standard issue UNSC battle rifle

Here she is:
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby saturn » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:05 am

Doggy uses exoskeletons, i use............................................................................

CHUCK!

I win. :P
-Hey, Saturn! We are leaving!
-Gimme 5 minutes!
-Oh, and tell Rutger so!
-4 minutes!
saturn

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:06 am

lolz
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Nyrunia » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:55 pm

While Chuck and Mercedes are fighting, I grab the thingy. As I run out the door, I grab my authentic Rubber Saveedro hamer to defend myself.
NOW JUST TRY AND TAKE IT FROM ME!
I'm making a major life decision right now... ok, I'M BORED!
Nyrunia

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:20 pm

Hamer??? I deploy the gravity hammer kit. As mercedes makes chuck fly off, she looks at you. The implanted AI targets you. You are ten feet away.

Go Mercedes GO!
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby chickens1127 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:42 pm

Ohhh. But the night before I had dinner with Mercedes and disguised a remote control bomb as a meatball. She ate the bomb and just now I trigger it. it blows her up into 100 pieces but the thingy remains and I pick it up and jump into my hovercraft with bullet proof glass.
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby Zenoc2 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:41 pm

I find it odd that we've made all of these posts about mercedes, and yet she hasn't said a thing. Is she planning her revenge?

And dude, you are one violent Chicken. So I take the Thingy from you, then go to a secret bomb shelter, and seal the door with every lock ever invented.

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby saturn » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:19 pm

Bomb shelters are undestroyable outside-in but can be destroyed inside-out. :wink:

...KABOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
-Hey, Saturn! We are leaving!
-Gimme 5 minutes!
-Oh, and tell Rutger so!
-4 minutes!
saturn

Postby Zenoc2 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:28 pm

Then it's a good thing I sealed the door before you got a bomb in, eh? :wink: Come on, someone clever try to take it from me!

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:26 am

Clearly that wasn't me who had dinner the other night. I've been in my quarters, pacing back and forth, I can't think clearly!
I must get The Thingy, yet, no course of action comes to mind. This won't do, I must meet with the Omega.
First order of business-This 'Outfit'!
I'ts heavy and I'm set to boil! I'ts purely made of metal and 75 degrees under here! A compromise must be reached. It accessorizes with nothing what-so-ever. This will not do!
Finally, after a few moments of complaining, a compromised is reached. I will have a whole new wardrobe, with accessories.
My partner telling me I was able to remove the monstrosity weeks ago, but, says perhaps I wasn't listening.
Not knowing exactly what that meant, I left.
Now I can think! My skills will find me once again!

Time for my next mission. The Thingy must be with Zenoc. I've been to Reneuends, and clearly my sleuthing skills turned up nothing there. Wearing my new outfit I grab my pack and take my private jet.
I'm now dressed to kill.

I must be careful the surrounding camp is really quiet fortified. H'es left no stone unturned. Everything is guarded! How will I get in!
Drats! I'm caught within moments of being there.. I'm now surrounded by guards! Ahh..noting me as quickly as he did. He must have The Thingy. My sleuthing skills tell me so.

I'm taken to a room and questioned once again.
After hours of questioning the guards look tired. My skills must be wearing them down. They've went through my things...thinking I'm of no threat to them. They let me go.

Walking out of their gates, a few yards from their camp, my first thought, I Must create a plan of attack! I need to think!
Walking over to the nearest rock, I sit down. I begin rummaging through my pack..by passing the rope, more energy bars...Finally reaching the bottom of my pack..What is this?!....A strange cubic device..matching colors on all 6 sides..hm..
..Reneuend!... He must have thought himself clever putting this in my pack as a means to distract me! What fool did he think I was! I have no time for silly devices, I must come up with a plan of attack!

After hours of contemplating my next course of action toying with this silly device, which was clearly only meant to have one side finished at once.
I peel the stickers off, put them back in their perspective places and put it away... Think yourself clever in-deed Reneuend..clever indeed.

That's it, a distraction! Those fools would fall for this! Clearly I wouldn't but they would!.. All he did was give my next plan! I must reach the Omega. We will have The Thingy.

My last thought before leaving Zenoc's Place...Matching colors on all sides...
Last edited by mercedes on Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
mercedes
VIP

Postby Zenoc2 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:02 am

Generally, you're supposed to either take or destroy the Thingy in some way by the end of your post. But I like yours too. :) Btw, that's how my cousin solved (and ruined) MY Rubik's cube.

Fortunately for me, that was only Area 51, not My Place. :wink: Unlike you guys, I don't have a secret base/guards/large amounts of money. Just my house, my computer, some gadgets, some very large bank-security level safes, and a garden (with some suspiciously ugly flowers). 8)

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:31 am

Darn! I told Agent 22 not to bring her daughter to headquarters with her. Do you know what a 4 year old can do? My favorite office toy is missing and I can only imagine what that little monster has done with it. :?

At any rate, after running back home with very little on, thanks to some crazy guy carrying every weapon imaginable knocking me out and taking my clothes including a brand new Hawaiian shirt, I quickly redressed in my plaid suit with a button down shirt that has a really big collar (think 70's). A yes, this bring back memories of why I liked this job...those cool episodes of "Charlies Angels". 8)

Ok. Now is not the time to reminisce. There is work to do. I'll guess I'll have to forgo looking for my rubix cube. :(

I have a new device. It's the Injection Director Internet Orifice Transport (IDIOT). This baby will transport me to any location via the Internet.

As Zenoc2 points out, he has a computer. After a little hacking, we obtain his IP Address. I stand in a large tube that narrows down to the size of a T1 line. In seconds, I'm sucked through the internet lines, routers, switches, and finally into Zenoc2's PC.

I'm feeling sick. I wonder what happens if you throw up while in digital format? Too late to wonder. As I'm casting, all kinds of nasty things are happening to Zenoc's PC. Finally, the dreaded BSOD occurs! Sorry, Zenoc! :oops:

I can hear Zenoc in the outside world, "What? NO!!!! I didn't save my work on this cool 3D drawing! My team is going to kill me! :evil:

"At least I have the satisifaction of knowing something good came out of this new device", I tell myself as I cast a couple more times on the graphics card. :P

My team on the other side realize that something is wrong and suck me back to headquarters, where I am back to my original self. Yuk! Time to change again.

As I leave, Agent 32 is sent through the IDIOT. He is much younger and doesn't mind this kind of roller coaster ride. Quickly, he digs up information from Zenoc's computer and finds that the original Thingy is buried under the Ugly Flowers. We send our special team member, K901, who sniffs around Zenoc's garden and digs up the Thingy. She leaves Zenoc a nice present on the sidewalk and brings the Thingy back to headquarters. :)

What to do with it? We aren't sure. So, we have it inside a disco ball which hangs over a conference table in the Boogie Oogie Oogie conference room (BOO). :D
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Lyberodoggy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:38 am

While my bussiness is mainly game creation and exploring, my grandfather had invested a big amount of billions of dollars in Echelon, the project that USA started during the WWII and was meant to spy on every land-based communication. My leading experts track an unusual movement of data through a T1 line. "Maybe they 're downloading torrents" "No, I don't think so. Can't see the pirate flag. All I can see is... yuk!". Excessive stomach fluids are all over agent X-Ray and his pc.

"Vomiting from inside the line? Track it!"

As we are fueled up and loaded with guns and cutting-edge gadgets (James Bond style), we start for the epic battle of the thingy.

~Groughhhhhhhhhh~ "OH NO! I JUST HAD A BATH!!!!!"
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby reneuend » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:40 pm

I received a phone call while sitting in my office with a clean outfit on (black jeans, black shirt, black leather jacket). I took off the black hat and chains when I got an odd look from my administrative assistant, Mertle. :?

The phone call was from the lab. Apparently Superfluous Internet Cast (SIC) is traceable.

Embarrassed that I might have given away our location. I order that all IP Addresses be changed and previous addresses rerouted to a device called the Hollow Excessive Life Partition (HELP), which has no doors or windows. It has all solid walls and contains a special NIC. Once an intrusion is detected it is locked in and digital traffic leaving the HELP is permanently cut off.

I order the MOVE code which means that we literally move our headquarters to a new location. The Mobile Office VEhicle (MOVE) folds up into an unassuming rusty white van. We head off to a new location with the disco ball (Thingy) still swinging from the van ceiling. Agent 23 is driving and is playing "Staying Alive" from the CD Player. We have all changed into our hippy outfits to blend in!

Far out, man! 8)
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Lyberodoggy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:33 pm

Your plan was almost perfect. But, remember that we invented digital warfare! Time for the ol' fat squad! After uploading 150 fat guys, HELP's few terrabytes get filled up, it overflows and then - boom!

I 'm behind you, you turn. Our first face-to-face meeting. I look towards the disco ball, then shoot at it. You shout "NO!!!!" as mercedes grabs the thingy and we run off
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby reneuend » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:12 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: ...and we were just about to do the "Hustle"! :lol:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Zenoc2 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:14 pm

"What? An atomic bomb is headed this way?! W-well, uh, come on in! W-what? You mean I can't stay in here? But, t-there's plenty of room! Can't we all squeeze in? Please?! NO! You don't understand! I have a very important Thingy right here! Please, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Ok, forced out of the bomb shelter by a bunch of sweaty congressmen, and about to be blown to pieces. Umm...

"Reneuend! I need your weird disco-style help!" :lol:

Oh, and thanks for destroying my computer. :? :) I really laughed out loud at that post. What's even funnier is that I've imagined similar devices before. We may have to use that IDIOT thing in a future game. :wink:

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:18 am

In my quarters taking a long over due nap... I dream of a loud tapping noise taking place in my sleep... It has it's own rhythm, further lulling me into a deeper sleep. With the extensive training I have, It's nothing for me to take naps, I hear any noise or sense any danger around me at all times. I let it lull me into a deeper sleep.
The Thingy being at the very forefront of my mind.

There is someone at my door. Running an organization has it's toll! What could be so important!
Surely there can be nothing so pressing. I must have my rest!

At my door, looking tired and dressed for battle is Agent 14. Ah yes, this mission must have him weary as well. Feeling badly for him, I ask him why he's here. Two hours ago he was sent to my quarters to warn me of the battle taking place.
Two hours ! Having already dismissed him we walk over to headquarters. The Omega team is awaiting my arrival!
Why wouldn't he have woken me sooner!

At headquarters I see the men and women before me. All uniforms immaculately pressed, exactly as I ordered them. All agents prepped with weapons and ready for battle. Spectacular! All except Agent 14, his left boot being untied. This won't do, his manner of dress reflects upon me!

After noting how well dressed everyone was, except Agent 14, I turn to my partner. From being very distracted, I shall need to know why we battle. By the look of confusion on my partners face, he must not have seen Agent 14. He informs me of the last known location of The Thingy, that being with Reneuend.

I shall prepare a speech for the men. All troops should have a speech and pray before going into battle.
    'TODAY is OUR day of reckoning.
    NO BLOOD shall be spilled this DAY. ALL Boots MUST be Tied!.
    We will have The Thingy within our grasp Amen! '

Drats! Noting by their look of confusion, they too do not see Agent 14!
It will have to wait. Off to battle!

We're on location. Blending well with our surroundings. My partner sees the white van!
In it, the DiscoBall hanging from center ceiling of the van. My sleuthing skills see how very well blended and well dressed the agents are within it. My partner aims directly for the ball and shoots it! His aim being perfect!
Seeing the Thingy fall, Agent 14 runs for it...tripping over that blasted boot!

Now I have two rescue missions!
I must make a run for it and grab the Thingy.
Making my run for it, I stop at Agent 14 who lay sprawled at my feet.
Feeling I had time, my partner keeping Reneuend and his team busy...
I tie his boot, not being able to stress enough, the importance of time, and being well dressed!
I then grab the Thingy.

On our way back to headquarters, everyone is pleased. Already devising a plan to hide The Thingy.
However my thoughts are elsewhere,..How clever that was, to put a Disco ball in the center ceiling of the van...:)
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:15 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby reneuend » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:21 pm

Pulling off my long haired wig and beard, I throw them down in a rage. Ok. you can take the Thingy, that's easy enough to retrieve with a little imagination, but to shoot my genuine disco ball? :x

Agent 22 has brought in that whiney 4 year old again. (sigh) Give me strength! :shock:

The little monster has a lolipop and is really working at it. How she does that and whine at the same time, I haven't a clue. :?

I send out orders to various team leaders to start working on new plans.

When I turn back the little girl is whining about dropping her lolipop.

No time for this, I send agent 22 and the 4 year old on their way. I sit down at my desk and get on the phone to the lab. I tell them to start thinking of ways to trap a neat freak. You see, I saw the whole thing with nervous twitch and hands on the hip when one of Mercedes' agents had their boot untied. Now we just need to use this to our advantage.

Someone is knocking at my office door.

As I stand up, I find the lolipop. It was on the seat. :?
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Zenoc2 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:59 pm

Nice. 8)

After reading through all of these posts, I have discovered that we have two different Thingies. So, who has the real Thingy? :)

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Lyberodoggy » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:34 pm

I say we do!
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:43 pm

ya there's only one thingy...we had it last..Now Reneund is thinking of a way to get it back.[seeing how easily distracted i am :P]
That's how i read it....
my post kinda picks up from where lyberodoggy said we're going into battle..Then i write one from my angle..how we ended up grabbing the thingy..

I would think at this point it's anyones move to grab it..:)
[Perhaps Agent 14 no longer works for me..:lol:]
mercedes
VIP

Postby reneuend » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:04 am

At the lab, the technicians got an idea from the shattered disco ball, which now lay on an operating table, with the technicians all gathered around it.

I was upset about losing the ball, but this is a little over the top. :?

Their new plan was quite clever. We quickly acted on it.

Mercedes was right. Agent 14 saw how we were dressed and wanted to join. We told him he didn't even have to wear shoes if he didn't want too. This pleased him very much as he never could get the hang of how to tie shoes. Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake. :?

We quickly learn that he is a good tailor. With this knowledge, the lab technicians hand him patterns for new clothing to be made at once. He needs help in order to make 20 outfits, so I help at the sewing machine even though I have no idea how to work one. :shock:

Within hours, we have the outfits finished and the lab technicians add their handywork.

We're ready.

20 agents dressed in jackets, jeans, hats, and sporting sunglasses converge on Mercedes headquarters. These aren't ordinary clothes. They are covered in rhinestones that reflect light like mirrors. 8) 8) 8)

We see Mercedes and Lyberodoggy in an conference room. They seem to be arguing over how to share the Thingy...and something about the Lyberodoggy's shirt and pants clashing.

There's the Thingy. Sitting on the table between them.

I give the go command: "Go" :o

At once, all agents flip a switch on there shirt and 20 sets of clothes create a blinding light. The guards are stunned. Maybe it was the bright light, but it could be that agent 32 was playing a recording of "Rhinestone Cowboy".

We storm the room and take the Thingy while Mercedes and Lyberodoggy cover their eyes.

As we left, I think I saw a slight envious look from Mercedes. No matter, we had to get out of there.

We head back to our new headquarters location with the Thingy.

There is a new type of safe that we have devised to hide the Thingy in called the "Gleaming Light Emitting Nanotube" (GLEN). It basically projects the Thingy into millions of Thingy halograms within a maze of mirrors the size of a warehouse.

Enjoying our success, we stand around a campfire flashing our new clothes like fireworks singing "Rhinestone Cowboy". 8)
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Zenoc2 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:22 am

Augh! It's attack-of-the-years-before-I-was-born! :shock:

I come in wearing modern sunglasses, casual clothes, and armed with a laser pointer. This way I can tell the real Thingy from the holograms- if the laser-dot appears on its surface, I'll know it's the real one. After about an hour of searching (everyone's agents are busy back in the 70's, so I'm not caught) I find the Thingy and spirit it away to... um... over there! *runs in opposite direction*.

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:48 am

Oops! :?
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:58 am

The Thingy has been taken once again! We must devise a plan.
First a meeting will be called to order.
My partner calling all agents, all will meet at Omega Headquarters.

I see the talented well dressed agents before me. Another speech is in order.

'Surely we must have spies among us that could have foreseen this disastrous affair!
Agent 14 has turned against us!
After the Tailored Fiasco we had earlier this night,
How could any of the spies amongst me, Not know he could sew! '

Not waiting to see if any did know, I left.
That Reneuend must think himself clever now, better dressed then us!

After hours of wondering about my quarters, I try to think of the next course of action. Nothing is coming to mind, this wont' do!
Surely something can be done! Someone should have seen this coming!
I will simply order new outfits, and be done with it. I cannot let this distract me.

Walking over to the lazy chair i sit down... I cannot think!
Perhaps If I watch television I can devise our next plan of attack.
As I gaze at the television, I see everything clearly now....Someone has been in this room!
That 70's Show being televised.
What means of torture is this! Have I not suffered enough!
Getting up, my skillful eyes notice something else differently about my room....
Someone must have been in this room! The remote always being in the chair where I left it last.
How now, will I change the channel!

There is a knock at my door...
At my door is my partner, Agent 16 and Agent 21..
Agent 16 and 21 not being at the Tailored Fiasco we had earlier...
They have news of the Thingy!
Noting there are 3 of them I devise a plan..
Someone has been in my room! We must fan out and search..
The remote being in the chair last.

After an hour of our top agents searching, we find nothing.
Clearly this has been planned!
Walking quickly to my room, I rip open the closet doors..
Thank merciful heavens, my wardrobe is safe!
However, looking down where my boots are...is a note..On it reads..

I Have The Thingy. Look for me in the opposite direction.
Z..

My partner snatches the note.
It will be taken to the lab to see if there are any traces of who left it behind.

My last thought...Surely, they will know where my remote is...

:P
Last edited by mercedes on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:55 am

In my labs later that day
"So, do what I pay you to do! think Scientist 35"
"But sir, we don't have a clue..."
"We do! It's a Z"
"Zoo?"
"No!"
"Zebra"
"No!"
"Zidane?"
"Uhm, well... what would he do with the thingy? training in headbutts?"
"Is that a no?"
"Grrr!"
"What about ZeornWarlock?"
"He 's not even in the game!!!"
"Oh! that's what we were looking for! Then it's Zenoc2"

My eyes turn into little dots. I 'm very angry with the scientist, but we found our target. Now, where could he have gone?

"Check all the ages of Myst! Use a walkthrough if you are too noobs"

After five hours, my Myst specialist finds the location of ZenocII Mathews. As we get there, he takes out his light saber. Muahaha! He thinks he can beat me! I destroy his saber with mine, then take the Thingy from him, without cutting the hands (well, I was ready to, but mercedes insisted that then he won't be able to find any good clothes, so...)
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat