The Thingy (this could get a little crazy)

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Postby Zenoc2 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:05 pm

I don't know why I would go through Mercedes' wardrobe, but okay... :)
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:11 pm

without cutting the hands (well, I was ready to, but mercedes insisted that then he won't be able to find any good clothes, so...)

I think you read that wrong. Since you would be without hands, you wouldn't be able to find something to wear. Not to mention you would have a hard time putting them on with your feet and mouth.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Zenoc2 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:14 pm

That's a funny image. :) However, I was referring to the way I apparently left a note in Mercedes' closet. That's kind of creepy. :?

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:42 pm

You read way to much into the posts Zenoc..I was trying to feed off of what u left as a post..Couldn't think of anyway, so i improvised. Clearly these posts aren't real..Reneuend had no way of knowing if i was "slightly envious", but i went with it..cause it was something to feed off of..and I found it comical.. You make it a bit diffucult to go off of your posts..:(..If I put something, like I went through a gate or whatever..U say -- I don't have a gate...etc...which makes it hard to feed off of next time--Hence why I put Z and not Zenoc..:) No biggie..no creepness intended..lol..

Peace~
mercedes
VIP

Postby Nyrunia » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:53 pm

Just as you are about to leave Myst, a cloaked figure approaches you.
"ATTACK, MY BRAZIL NUTS!' , the figure shouts. All the agents, Mercedes, Lyberodoggy, and my brother are buried in brazil nuts.
Just then, Zenoc pokes out of the pile in time to see who the hooded figure is. ME, with my Saavedro hammer! "HAMA TIME, ZEENY!"
I'm making a major life decision right now... ok, I'M BORED!
Nyrunia

Postby Zenoc2 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:27 pm

Uh-oh. Quickly, I whip out my trusty field guide. Let's see, halibut, ham... here we go! "Hammers". I look down the page and see a warning in red: "Prolonged exposure of hammer to forehead is not recommended." I'm guessing that means I need to get out of here. I grab the Thingy, journey back to Ohio, and go to see a movie with it.

Is that a bit easier to build off of? :) Oh, and I knew you didn't mean that to be creepy, I just thought it was funny.

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:16 am

Sitting here I begin to the think of the last time I wasn't on edge..After having the cable company come in and redistribute cable throughout all quarters..
The channels needing to be changed, and all new remotes were in order.
Now the channels are exactly as they should be.

It has been so long since we have had a break..We have been chasing The Thingy from one end of the world to the other, It chasing us..
Looking at the television I see an advertisement for an upcoming movie..
Yes that's it! We will go see a movie! No James Bond.. lest they pick up bad habits. Special gadgets you know don't exist..the dreadful black they wear..
The whole squad will, and must see a movie! I will pay!

While my partner paid for the movie and popcorn, I went to find seats for us. Wasn't easy to find seats for everyone. But with my skillful eye I was able to find all four seats in a row. Today's feature was Dr. Doolittle. I found it odd that this regular civilian could speak to creatures, I had to see it for myself, with my own keen eyes. My partner, Agent 21 and 31, appeared as though they would rather be somewhere else. That would make sense..they are hard workers..Of course they would rather be chasing The Thingy.. I trained them well.

While watching this odd behaviour pass between man and creature..My partner elbows me, wanting me to look two rows down..
Having difficulty taking my eyes of the screen, my partner moves..Agent 21, and 31 in his wake.

Taking my eyes off of the screen to look around me..
Knowing i'ts important I keep my wits about me, and keen eyes at all times..
I see my party has left. They're chasing someone..!
Drats! I know I mentioned we were to watch this movie!
Where could they be going in such a hurry. Surely they don't think something is behind the screen. They must have went to get more food. Annoyed at them for going to get more food, how else will they know how this man speaks to creatures. Now I shall have to go through the whole movie with them later!

An hour later..my cell phone rings..Drats! I knew I should have turned this off.. And where are they with this food!
Distracted I answer the phone...I'ts my partner, He says he has The Thingy!
When!? and How?!
Once he fully explained it to me twice, I knew then..and said..My skills have paid off, once again..Something told me I should be here today! Agent 31 listening on the other line..
Actually, Lyberodoggy seen Zenoc in the theater..
Hanging up on him..I then thought ..
I knew! I should have been here today.
Hm..yes perhaps I should let them have kudos some time, they work hard..Every now and again you should let them think they win one...Yes, the next time I take them to a movie, I shall do it then.
Proud with myself, I left the movie..

My last thought before leaving the theater...
I must meet this man who speaks to squirrels..perhaps we could use this to our advantage..

:P
mercedes
VIP

Postby DISRUPTOR » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:07 am

I walk into the kitchen to make some noodles and as i open the cupbord the wok falls on my head, The sheer blow triggers my genius and i build a time machine and decide to go back to where it all began. Realizing the pure awsome power of the wok i take it on my travels. I emerge just before
Zenoc2 slingshots the thinggy and with a swift strike of my wok BAM!
i take the thinggy back to the present then destroy my time machine and head back inside, but wait... who is that in my house? AAAAGGGHHH! it's me!
i close my eyes and wait for the consiquences of meeting myself through time travel, but nothing happens, i slowly open my eyes and realize it was just a mirror Pheew!. But i am so shocked and stressed that i need a rest. so i leave the thinggy above the fireplace while i sleep. The thinggy is there for the taking. The only problem is I LIVE IN AREA 51 MWAHAHAHA!
DISRUPTOR

Postby Zenoc2 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:27 pm

Hm... how to sneak into Area 51 without agents or weapons or anything that costs over one hundred dollars. Hmm...

Ok, forget that. I teleport in using my Portable Physical Imagination Generation System (PPIGS), grab the Thingy, and teleport back out. I then go back to the theater and finish the movie with it.

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:54 pm

Sitting in the cafe across from the theater, I notice "Z" walking in a second time at the theater. Strange...very strange... :?

As I sit and watch, "Z" is arguing with a skinny be-freckled theater attendant who is pointing at a bag "Z" is carrying. THERE IT IS!!!! "Z" looked around and then quickly pulled the object from the bag and slipped it back in - The Thingy! The attendant waved his hand for "Z" to continue into the theater with the bag containing the Thingy. :shock:

Slugging down the last of my double caffiene latte, I shut my laptop and head across the street to the theater. The attendant obviously taking his job way too seriously, stops me and says in a nasally voice, "Wait! What do you have there". :roll:

"It's my pace maker, sir!", I tell him without cracking a smile. :roll:

"What? That's no pace maker!, the attendant retorts.

"Why sure it is. Have you seen one before?" :roll:

"Ahh, errr, no. Ok...go on", the red-faced attendant relunctanly lets me in with the laptop. Which is a good thing, because it contains a special device. 8)

After the fiasco with the IDIOT device, the lab engineers decided that it would be better to use it for inanimate objects or for torturing prisoners! This laptop contains a modification of the IDIOT. it has a small vaccuum hose that connects to a special network port, but like the IDIOT, I can suck things into digital format and send it directly to the lab for further analysis. The lab folks call it, Super Unicode Cache Kalian Elite Device (SUCKED).

Paying off a sobbing girl sitting behind "Z" (there was a dog that got lost at this part of the movie), I trade seats with her.

Opening my laptop, the windows startup music plays for everyone to hear.

"SHHHHHHHH!", Z turns around with an upset look. Interesting. He had a tear in his eye. I guess he was transfixed to the movie also. :roll:

I go to work quickly. Attaching the hose to the port, and running the special application, "Sucker", I slowly move the end of the hose under Z's seat and up against the bag containing the Thingy. Clicking the "go" icon on the screen, the icon waves a hand and a voice says, "Bye Bye". The lab folks added a vaccuum sucking sound so the user would know it was working. The last sound is a "Pop" and the application reports that an object has been sent. :D

I close my laptop and head back to the cafe for another latte, leaving "Z" to sob through another sad part in the movie. :D
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Kat12 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:12 pm

Reneuend's lab guys put the SUCKED machine back into the factory. Tony the truck driver arrives, sees it, and thinks it's the baghouse (which acts like an enormous vaccuum cleaner) for the blast furnace that is set for delivery to my hometown's steel plant. He loads it onto his truck and sets off for the long haul to Northern Ontario, Canada. When the SUCKED machine arrives at the plant, the workers, having never seen a baghouse before (because the steelplant operated for 30 years without one, happily emitting toxins into our air), install it onto Blast Furnace Number 7. The supervisor turns it on and the SUCKED machine immediately goes to work. It sucks all of the pollutants back out of the air, ground, and water, and the poor thingy is lost at the bottom of a toxic heap.

:wink:
Kat12
Frequent Poster

Postby reneuend » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:06 pm

:) :) clever! :) :)

Looking over the docking manifest, the clerk immediately notifies me. My team and I quickly converge to come up with a plan to retrieve the Thingy. Knowing what it's going to be used for, poses a problem. How do we sort out the Thingy from the toxins when everything is in digital format?

A geeky lab technician pulls out his laser pointer from his pocket protector and explains how it can be done from a Powerpoint presentation. (Don't ask how he had it prepared already, just go along with it)

"Chief, the Sucker program has an algorithm that sorts out various objects that are sucked into the SUCKED device and separates them when it is reorganized to their analog state. We can quickly build another device that can be connected to the SUCKER, search and display the objects found on a monitor. I will add a function to sort the items from largest to smallest, since the Thingy will probably be the largest object."

Putting his pointer back in his pocket protector, the lab technician grins and pushes his taped glasses back up on his nose.

Standing up, I address the team, "This sounds feasible. We need to move quickly before any more toxins are introduced into the data with the Thingy."

Quickly the team disperses with their assignments. A new device will be built in short order by the lab team, while others will map out a plan to gain entry into the plant and connect to the SUCKER.

(more later)
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Zenoc2 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:31 pm

"Z", eh? Interesting- my evil clone went to see "Dr. Dolittle" with a discoball in a bag (and apparently, got rather emotional over it). :mrgreen:

Meanwhile, I finish watching "UP" with the Thingy, and then take it down to Cape Canaveral, handing it to a NASA employee. Two years later, it shows up again in a newsclip, from a group of astronauts who took the Thingy to Mars. :)

@ Reneuend: Phew! I thought you were going to suck ME up (I mean, my evil clone :roll: ) with that thing. Being digitized is fun, don't get me wrong, but your technicians seem to have a habit of making devices that make people loose their lunch. :wink:

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Zenoc2 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:28 pm

Hmm. I seem to have killed the topic. Sorry. :(

Reneuend was going to take the Thingy next. I kiss it goodbye and toss it to him. I then run to grab some mouthwash. Man, that thing(y) tastes nasty.

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:06 pm

Reneuend is busy on another assignment right now! :wink:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Zenoc2 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:06 am

Ah. I see. I should be too. :oops: :wink:

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby cpkspikyhair » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:09 pm

As reneuend drops the Thingy, I sprint by and pick it up. I jump on my Hovercraft Aiding Sanitary Thingies Eagerly (HASTE) and I fly it to the Delta Sector inside of Plutos core for safe-keeping.
PSPPC GameMaker!! Where you can find PSP and PC games up for download!
cpkspikyhair
Games Page Administrator

Postby Jaked » Sun May 03, 2009 7:38 pm

cpkspikyhair wrote:As reneuend drops the Thingy, I sprint by and pick it up. I jump on my Hovercraft Aiding Sanitary Thingies Eagerly (HASTE) and I fly it to the Delta Sector inside of Plutos core for safe-keeping.
:) Wow... I haven't seen a General Chat topic this big since mine! Okay, I mine my way into the core of pluto, retrieve the thingy, give it to the Yaboobles of Planet Youtuber and turn it into a computer icon!
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon May 04, 2009 2:27 pm

You were unlucky because I was desperately searching for an icon for my app called the Thingy (converting a thingy to something else) so, while googling, I found the thingy and downloaded it. now I 'm printing it...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby reneuend » Mon May 04, 2009 5:47 pm

While printing it, your printer jammed up and starting smoking. Typically, you wouldn't mind this with the cheaper printer, but being the computer geek that you are, you have a wide format media printer that you bought from our printing company (actually a front organization designed to locate the Thingy).

Using our media printer called, Media Intelligent News Editiorializer (MINE), which contains a detector, you set off an alarm that notified our organization, which quickly sent a code to cause the printer to self-destruct.

We sent agent 24, posed as a maintenance repairman. He quickly removed the thingy and placed it in his toolbox. Fixing the printer by removing the jamming and smoking device, he charges you $300 for repairs and leaves with the toolbox containing the Thingy.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon May 04, 2009 7:39 pm

Wait a moment! that can't be right! I smell what's going on and quickly dispatch a droid with YOURS (your own unique responsibility son) protocol.
Metal detectors can't probably detect the non-metallic Thingy, but knowing how unstable it is, the droid uses its geiger meter... Gamma radiation! My scientists remove the toolbag from your agent and then initiate decontamination procedures. Not knowing that he was tricked, the agent gives us your wherabouts in order to be left alone and we move accordingly!
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby reneuend » Mon May 04, 2009 8:16 pm

Can we take a moment? :(

Agent 24's last day is tomorrow! :cry:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Jaked » Mon May 11, 2009 11:41 pm

I, being foolish enough to touch the Thingy without radiation suit required, grow into a large monster for the whole of twenty three days. I throw it in it's home planet of Thingiesland, where I hired Zenoc to bring the Thingy Flower. Zenoc, I'll give you monthly income of 7 dollars over 2,000,000 years!!! It turns into a Ygniht army armed with FernGully 2 movies ready to show! :roll: Okay, that was a little much :P. But it gets more antagonist-ic! I take the Thingy app and turn all the thingies except the one into evil radioactive MTs (Mountain Thingies) HA HA HA... *cough cough*, okay, let me take a breather!

And I hired Agents 3 and Agent 3.14159 as double spies, which I paid for from the Pixar Company (evil, but the videos are to live for!)

Wait... what the?
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Jaked » Tue May 12, 2009 1:48 am

Oh noes. I think I became untoppable!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby reneuend » Tue May 12, 2009 1:58 am

But like most evil-minded plans, it was not thought out well. Mountain Thingies do not thrive well. They're just too Chunky! Much to your dismay, the Mountain thingies one by one become volcanic and blow their tops, covering themselves into molten blobs of nothingness.

This made it easy to identify the real thingy. Being quick, Agent 11 grabs the real thingy and places it in a lead box. Taking it to our new underground lab, where our scientistics foam it down and make it so it is no longer radioactive.

The thingy is now disquised as a flower in my garden.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Jaked » Tue May 12, 2009 1:59 am

reneuend wrote:But like most evil-minded plans, it was not thought out well. Mountain Thingies do not thrive well. They're just too Chunky! Much to your dismay, the Mountain thingies one by one become volcanic and blow their tops, covering themselves into molten blobs of nothingness.

This made it easy to identify the real thingy. Being quick, Agent 11 grabs the real thingy and places it in a lead box. Taking it to our new underground lab, where our scientistics foam it down and make it so it is no longer radioactive.

The thingy is now disquised as a flower in my garden.

I'm bringing Agent 3 and Agent Pi (your traitors), my army of Ferngully 2-wielding Thingy Clones, and myself to your door! I'm also seeing if I can join up with Zenoc. I'm at your door, I take the flower and run. That's it. I also make sure I'm radiated with the SUPER THINGY (another thingy that rules all thingies!), so I become a giant superhuman.
Jaked
Code Master

Postby 3dgamer » Sun May 17, 2009 8:24 am

Mistaking it for a weed, the weekly lawn maintenance man (LMM) sprays the Thingy with a powerful experimental herbicide, after you had transplanted it into your garden. It immediately withers and turns brown. The LMM rakes it up along with the other clippings, places then in a bag and throws it in the back of his truck. He then drives away...
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby Jaked » Mon May 18, 2009 12:28 am

I ask reneuend if he could help me conquer the thingy-verse. I give him the Super Thingy (the supreme lord of all thingies) and tell him I still have my Double Agents, and that if he runs away from it I have my Double Agents hired and my mutant powers last about... say... six weeks! He quickly retrieves the Thingy and it becomes a BLACK HOLE because if a thingy dies, it becomes a black hole.

That means planet Thingy became a super mega black hole!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Zenoc2 » Mon May 18, 2009 7:27 pm

Augh! We're being overrun by Thingies! :shock:

Thankfully, reneuend and I still have the original. :) I use one of his many digitizing devices to put it on Robotica's high security servers.

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Fri May 22, 2009 5:13 am

After doing some research, my lab technicians built an SLR (Spider Like Robot). This wasn't just a simple robot. It was capable of destroying other robots and using it's parts for virtually anything, including disguising itself as the destroyed robot, which was exactly the plan.

When finished, the SLR was sent to Robotica's high security server to find the Thingy. Using highly sophisticated onboard detecting devices, the SLR used a "conquer and divide" algorithm to find the Thingy.

Found it! The Thingy was stashed in a jar of txt bits in a restaurant where Zenoc works. Extracting the Thingy, the SLR placed it in it's holding bay.

Now the next step....what's that? someone is coming....

Zenoc walks into the kitchen grumbling about something or someone named, Robotica, and....what's that..something about a small spider like robot.

Perfect! :)

Sometimes the best place to hide something is right under people's noses. SLR went into action. Climbing into Robotica's shirt pocket, SLR quietly dismembers the spider like robot and carefully disquises itself as the destroyed robot.

We now have the Thingy, inside a disquised SLR, inside Robotica's shirt pocket, guarded by Robotica's 7 foot tall Bots. :)
---

reneuend
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat