Not new but missing :)

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Not new but missing :)

Postby marina » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:20 am

Hi Friends!

It's a very long time I don't come to the forums, and I call you friends as I had a lot of nice and friendly help from many of you!

This morning I found a notification from Candle for an old topic on icons making, so I didn't miss the chance to say hallo and to let you know that I didn't just "grab" your help and disappeared until next time I needed some.
I had a lot of troubles with my job and since then I had to abandon my game and the forums, that I didn?t even visit because I didn?t want to waste all new posts since my last visit having to read them in a hurry.

I left my game at the point where I finally had my jigsaw puzzle settled thanks to Juhuwoorps and Mercedes procedure (and thanks to Imari! I choosed the other procedure because I wanted to make 25 pieces instead of 9 and they would be uneasy to handle in the inventory!).
I DO hope to be able to go back working on it as soon as I'll be settled and acquainted with my new (horrible) job, that is taking a lot of time from me and - the worst - away from home and my PC.
I fear the moment when I'll have to become aware that all the things that I had begun to learn about AM are vanished from my mind!
:cry:

Anyway I keep being optimistic :) I just wanted to let you know that sooner or later I'll be back, hoping to be helpful when I can. Thanks again for everything!

Marina :D
I'm fond of Rhem-like games!
marina

Postby reneuend » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:29 pm

It's nice to hear from you. :)

Hopefully, you were unaffected by the earthquake in your country.

I understand about horrible jobs. I've had a few myself. The one I have now isn't ideal, but it pays the bills. In our current economic situation (here in the USA), I'm happy to be employed.

You might try what I do. I create a frame in my AM projects and place textboxes on the screen with project notes.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby marina » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:26 am

Thanks reneuend! :)
Luckily Rome was only slightly affected by the earthquake, with no damages.
I can't think of all the people that lost their houses and their beloved ones in the Abruzzo region.

Yes, we have to pay the bills (instead of creating beautiful games all the time 8) ) and I, just like you, am grateful to have found a job in this difficult situation. In Italy things are not better than in the US, and the little graphic agency I was cooperating with, working as a freelancer and partly as an art director, closed at the beginning of the year.
So, now I'm working on something totally different and unfamiliar to me and I feel a bit lost and mixed up...

Your idea sounds great and I didn't even think of this cool possibility! I'll start from the existing frames, to remind myself of all the "paths" behind and then, step by step, with new ones, following the notes on my project that luckily are all written and drew down in a million sheets of paper.
Maybe I can go on building a framework, a structure where, when I'll be more at ease my new work, I will start inserting the puzzles, that are the most difficult thing for me to realize through scripting.
Thanks a lot! :D
marina

Postby reneuend » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:14 pm

Wow! I can see why you're disappointed. It sounded like a great job! Be sure to keep up those old skills, so when things get better, you can reuse them.

For now, just take it a day at a time, you'll be fine! :wink:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby marina » Sun May 03, 2009 8:17 am

Hi reneuend :D
My job was great because it was nice! We worked between friends and the athmosphere was warm and cosy.
Not great earnings but I was never interested in that, I just want to have enough to survive.
Now all the time I'm not at work I have to practice on softwares such as Excel (never used in my life) and so had to stop studying codes and vb procedures :( :cry:

I tried to implement your suggestion but I got aware that I have some resistence even to open my project... too many different thoughts!
So I gave myself one more month to get familiar with the new tasks and then go back to my game! And hopefully more than one day at the time.
I think I'll have a lot of questions for you skilled AM users by then :wink:

Have a nice time! :D
marina

Postby mercedes » Sun May 03, 2009 3:44 pm

marina wrote:Now all the time I'm not at work I have to practice on softwares such as Excel (never used in my life)

If you need any help with Excel...give me a shout..if you want..:D
Although it's been awhile since i've used it...I was pretty good with it..back when..:D

Peace~
mercedes
VIP

Postby Kat12 » Sun May 03, 2009 4:09 pm

Hi Marina,
I'm new here; just wanted to say hello and welcome back!

It must be lovely to live in Rome; wow. My Mom is Italian, she and my Dad went to Italy (and Austria) last summer, and the summer before that. They really loved it and can't wait to go back. They were in Rome, Tuscany, and Venice. I'd love to go one day; I haven't been to Europe since I was 12. We have relatives in Naples but we don't really know them well as we haven't seen them since I was 12...and I'm in my 40's now, lol.

I hope your new job goes well for you.
Take care,
Kathy
Kat12
Frequent Poster

Postby reneuend » Sun May 03, 2009 6:38 pm

Hey Marina!

I don't know Excel as well as I know Excel VBA, which I've been working with for several years for various clients. Let me know, if you need any help with Excel VBA. I'll let Mercedes handle the Excel questions! :wink:

Be sure you take a little time to do fun things. It helps take off the every day stress. Hang in there and I'm sure you'll find a job you'll like again.

Hey Kat! 40's eh? I guess we're both senior members here! :lol:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Mystery » Sun May 03, 2009 6:59 pm

Hi Marina,

It's nice to see you again! :)

I'm sorry about your job. It seems to me that since the beginning of this year many people whom I know have lost their jobs - it's such a shame :(

I hope that you'll get along with your new job soon, or if it turns out to be really horrible, can find something else later this year :)

And I also hope that you'll have some time for game creation soon again. :)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Thanks to all of you!

Postby marina » Mon May 04, 2009 8:21 am

How nice to hear from you all! :D

Millions of thanks for proposing help for Excel mercedes and reneuend! I have a booklet and for the moment it's enough for what I have to do with it, with some effort, but it's allright... it's just that I'm a Photoshop's addict :lol:
I will spare your time and patience for the moment when I'll be back with AM and scripting! :wink:

@ mercedes and Mystery
It's so good meeting you again! i do hope that everybody, in any part of the world, having bad situations with their job may find a settlement soon... I was lucky to find one, even if it meant parting from my game project; but it's only temporarily, for sure!

@ reneuend and Kat
Well, I'm nearer to my 50's than to my 40's... may I join the senior members club? :wink:
I'm trying hard to do something to soothe every day stress reneuend; one thing is bringing my camera with me when I have to go out and take pictures of anything strange I see in the streets: digs with some device stuff inside for my game puzzles and so... it helps a lot keeping a link with the creative dimension :roll:

Hi Kathy, welcome to the forums! Thanks a lot for your wishes :D
Rome is not so lovely any more... too many cars and few public transports and inadequate underground net; going from one place to another has become a nightmare that can last hours. If you take a bus you have to wait a looong time and walk a lot, depending on where you need to go and if you take your car you never know if you can leave it somewhere or not... :(
Tuscany is a great place to live! Especially in the countryside. I do wish you to be able to come back to Italy soon. If you do let me know!

Have the nicest day everyone! :D
marina

Return to General Chat