A Tribute to Michael Jackson

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

A Tribute to Michael Jackson

Postby cpkspikyhair » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:59 pm

There has been current breaking news that pop star Michael Jackson has died :cry: .

As a tribute, please post anything by him that you liked, any comments, or anything else you feel appropriate to post in this thread.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

EDIT: Total celebrity death toll in the last two weeks: 4

Ed McMahon
Farrah Fawcett
Michael Jackson
Billy Mays
Last edited by cpkspikyhair on Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSPPC GameMaker!! Where you can find PSP and PC games up for download!
cpkspikyhair
Games Page Administrator

Postby reneuend » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:42 am

Michael was great as child singer with the Jackson Five.

I just read that Farrah Fawcett has passed away also. Of course, I most remember her when she was a Charlie's Angel.
Last edited by reneuend on Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Mystery » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:07 am

I've also learned about both tragic deaths tonight, very sad indeed.
I wish their families and friends a lot of strength.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby 3dgamer » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:03 am

This has been truly a sad past few days. First Ed McMahon, then Farrah Fawcett, and now Michael Jackson. And IIRC, Michael Jackson knew both of them (particularly Ed McMahon) and I can't put it far from my mind that the passing of Ed M. and Farrah F's deaths so close together could have had an emotional effect on Michael Jackson (some report he was already weak from earlier health issues). But we probably won't fully know what happened until the family and loved ones have had a time to recover and heal from their loss.

I know that as a child performer, Michael Jackson and his brothers (and sisters) had a tremendous impact in the 70s as far as race relations in America go, and did help bridge a gap, like so many performers did, during that time. I noticed this when I was just a kid and can only imagine how the years of growing up would have been like without his families' contributions.

He went a different direction in his music, performances, and life after his "Off the Wall" album than many would have expected, and he had many other troubles he had to contend with in his life, but despite all of that, he still remained the undisputed King of Pop of his time.

My condolences to his family and loved ones.
Last edited by 3dgamer on Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby Candle » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:34 am

Been a sad week for sure.
but it always comes in threes they say.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Jaked » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:47 am

Though Miachel Jackson has been thouroughly ridiculed by the majority, we can't help but wonder some of his shining moments like Thriller or Moonwalker.
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby mercedes » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:02 am

I can't believe it either..I grew up with all three.. Farrah-that hit me the hardest..she was a trouper, fighting cancer all of these years..
All girls idolized her..whether it was as kids, playing Charlie's Angels in the school yards..one of us always wanted to be her..: -)..to having her poster on our walls...She was famous for her movie ''The burning Bed'' fantastic movie..among others..
Ed McMahon..R.I.P~ he was an American Icon
Micheal Jackson . was putting on a concert...tickets sold out everywhere..so whether he had issues with the press, he was still famous and well loved till the very end..~
It is a sad week for sure..
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:03 am

:( it is a sad week indeed...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Vairon » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:29 am

He has tried to be different his entire life and in many cases has been misunderstood.
"They laugh at me because I am different. I laugh because they are all equal."
-Kurt Cobain.

At last you can rest in peace. :cry:
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby saturn » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:40 am

This is tragic for me. :cry: I grew up listening to MJ and trying to do the legendary Moonwalk. I don't listen to pop music, but Michael Jackson was, is and will be a legend among common people who are called artists. He was a complete and perfect artist and human. I can talk about him for hours but i won't. The pantheon of artists has a new member (a VIP one).

(*moonwalks away)
-Hey, Saturn! We are leaving!
-Gimme 5 minutes!
-Oh, and tell Rutger so!
-4 minutes!
saturn

Postby chickens1127 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:56 pm

RIP King Of Pop. He's in a better place after all of his debt and "problems".
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby cpkspikyhair » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:11 pm

OMG now Billy Mays is dead (if you've ever heard of him) :cry: . Billy Mays was a TV commercial icon.
PSPPC GameMaker!! Where you can find PSP and PC games up for download!
cpkspikyhair
Games Page Administrator

Postby chickens1127 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:19 pm

wow one word "oxyclean"
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby 3dgamer » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:08 am

cpkspikyhair wrote:OMG now Billy Mays is dead (if you've ever heard of him) :cry: . Billy Mays was a TV commercial icon.

I *just* read about this! :( Very sad. And he *just* started a new show called "Pitchman". Very sad...

Billy Mays, pitchman extraordinaire, dead at 50 - http://www.nj.com/entertainment/celebrities/index.ssf/2009/06/billy_mays_pitchman_extraordin.html

TV pitchman Billy Mays found dead (weather report precedes segment) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmczPAXhIsU (1:02)

TV Pitchman Billy Mays Found Dead - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0lxi8a5Es8 (:53)

TV Pitchman Billy Mays Found Dead at Fla. Home - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cteWXa1b-Hk (:50)

The report about him being hit on the head by items on the plane after the plane he was on had a hard landing because of a blown tire sounds eerily similar to Natasha Richardson's death who passed away after she hit her head during a skiing accident (March 2009). Some people are taking head injuries more seriously but the facts surrounding the cause of death won't be known until an autopsy is conducted and released.

All I can say is that he was a guy that you were just "used to" when he came on the TV. He was like a fixture. You don't know how much you take people for granted re: them always being around until they are gone. :( He will definitely be missed. My condolences to his family and friends.
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby chickens1127 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:03 pm

Wait till you here this!

There's someone at the pool that I went to knew someone who got Billy Mays autograph four days ago!
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Return to General Chat