Jaked Reviews

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Jaked Reviews

Postby Jaked » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:52 am

Normally, I would do old late 80's early 90's games, but not this! This game series is like the Nancy Drew books, dozens of creators! It's the usually AGS game series... Reality of the Norm. It's supposed to be made mainly with Adventure Game Studio, which I find challenging because it is meant for those old styles, not those lovable Myst-like games we wonderfully have here, although I'm sending in an Adventure Maker entry as soon as possible. And even so, we have a 3D 3rd person plugin, showing they.

So, the main character, who is a high school sorcerer named after a 70's Artist (Davy Jones), starts this whole town fiasco with raising a living dead person... that's about a 9.99999 on the Random Meter. So, after finding a way too elaborate way to burn the zombie's grave, after meeting an old bum with an ever-changing personality and a zombie-slashed Bill Cosby. It's not over yet... the zombie runs for politics! :S

That's only the first darned episode! There's about 22 canonical ones, and 30 freakin non-canonical ones, each freakier than the last! *Hyperventilates*, so give it a try, but RIGHT AFTER, delete it, empty the recycle bin on your computer, and then find a decent show to watch! My final vote: a 6.2 for okay scripting, a 5.5 for graphics, a .5 on a well-placed storyline, and a 8 for characters, because zombies and multi-personalized hobos are cool. :P
Last edited by Jaked on Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby chickens1127 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:36 am

... ok ... :?
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby Jaked » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:10 am

... I got carried away didn't I! :-[
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Jaked » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:37 pm

My second review is of an AM game, which is very good for 3D graphics when it comes to characters but it's not on my top 10. I'm talking about Shady Brook, by CBProductions, owner of Unimatrix Productions and creator of the upcoming games the Filmmaker, Stonewall Penn, and the ID and the Ego. His only other released game was Lifestream, but I'll get to that later.

I played it on "Censored Mode" which does nothing but cut out the bad scenes (excluding one particularly gory scene), and it made the story obscure, jumbled, and out of control. It follows a main character, who most likely was made in 5 minutes on Poser 6 named Jake Tobin. He enters the town in which... half the buildings reside in the mountains! There's a house that's completely in a cave in REAL LIFE, so I don't care much!

It all starts when the sherriff hangs himself... OR DID HE?! That's pretty much what happened to the convict in Ben Jordan 7 (yet ANOTHER story) You meet such people as the deputy, the priest, a kind woman with a baby, and about several very easy puzzles. After talking to them, solving the puzzles, combining items and whatnot, you find severely gkhf;klsfkshfa;lkdfdk;slkja. NOT THE GUkjd'kfj;lzkdfj;o! According to the lawyers with the shotguns and uzis, we cannot explain anything past that!

It claims a 6.5 on graphics, a 9.2 on storyline, a 9.0 on great scripting, and a 7 on characters, because it seems like a mix of Ben Jordan 7 (next time...) and The Da Vinci Code! No, that does not mean the villain is... LIKhfk;jhfkjhsfdjk. Okay, now I have a bullet wound in my back. I cannot say the storyline has any relations to the basic plot of the Da Vinci Code or Ben Jordan 7, nor that it can even slightly bring down the suspect list. Uhh, I'm going to find a nice show to watch. Good job, CB! I hope your Filmmaker game is twice as good!
Jaked
Code Master

Return to General Chat