I got my new COMPUTER!!~It's here!!~ :D

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

I got my new COMPUTER!!~It's here!!~ :D

Postby mercedes » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:12 am

I'M so excited..i got my new PC delivered to me today..yayyyy!!~

New keyboard, New mouse...Well..a rebuilt brand new...which is all my other one was..and it lasted me since 2000--I had it for 9 years..:shock:.the only thing i need now is a monitor..:D

I had to download AM all over again..lol..I forgot to copy over everything..from my last project...onto disk..:P

So now I'm going to go over to my buddies house..and copy over all my info on to disk...my project folder is empty..all pictures..everything gone!~..lol...

At least I know where to get it...I had some saved onto Flash Drive..too

I need plugins.. everything all over again...that's the only thing that's time consuming when u get a new pc..:P...

BUT--- is this thing ever fasssssssst..compared to my older one..OMG..i developed really good patience....even the internet is 10X faster..!
For me to preview a message is like seconds..!

I'm gonna need a neck brace ..by the end of the week..whipping around this thing......

My other keyboard was awful looking...I'm really hard on keyboards..and mice.. mouses?..I know for plural is mice..but when u refer to hardware..hard to say ''mice''--

.Anyways....the guys who delivered it..laughed at them...said i should put them on EBAY...:lol:

The mouse i had was tiny..really tiny...your hand would get cramped up..Also- i killed it i don't know know many times..i can't believe it still works..its barely held together...lol..If something didn't work right..it was usually the mouse who took the brunt of anything..:P I used it to kill a spider once too..lol..The keyboard was really well used..and just awful looking..but still worked..!

The only downfall about it..Certain keys are symbols..--home end delete..alt..ctrl..Even the quotes are the letter 'E'----Good thing i know them from memory..lol..:D

Anyways....just wanted to share that..!~ :D:D
Sorry if this message seems all over the place--or long winded..Just really happy...:P

Later~~
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:15 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Used the mouse to kill a spider? Well that's alternative use!

Anyways, I 'm happy you finally got a new computer (but soon enough you will get fed up with that one too, happens to everyone)
Enjoy it! :D :D :D
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby chickens1127 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:43 pm

nice, i just got one of those dell hybrids (super little) about a month ago, 3GB ram, only problem is BestBuy promised it was going to be 350 GB hard drive but it was only 250 GB or somethin... still, wireless keyboard, mouse, 22.5 inch monitor, all together 700-800 USD.
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:51 pm

Great deal. I spent 35 euros on air-cooling and now it's useless. I 'm gonna buy a used cooler for 20 euros the day after tomorrow.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:33 am

Ya forgot to mention..mine has one of those see through cases with degrees on the front...I'm forever looking at the silly thing..It went up a degree!..lol..I"ll get used to it..I have one of those closed in desks with the special cupboard for hard-drive...thought it would be convenient..[cause i physically hate the look of cords..lol..]..But i end up keeping the door open for the hard-drive..so it's more a pain..Gonna take the door off..But at least i don't see cords..:)
mercedes
VIP

Postby reneuend » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:00 am

This has to be one of the funniest posts I've seen in a long while! :lol:

Someday, I'll brag about a new computer....I hope!

Congrats, Mercedes!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Re: I got my new COMPUTER!!~It's here!!~ :D

Postby 3dgamer » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:30 pm

Happy to hear that you finally have your new computer! :) Do you feel like you are now in the 21st century? ;)

mercedes wrote:The only downfall about it..Certain keys are symbols..--home end delete..alt..ctrl..Even the quotes are the letter 'E'----Good thing i know them from memory..lol..:D

All the letter "E"? I've never heard of such a thing (love to see a picture of the keyboard). Sounds like they may have run out of the other keys and used an overstock of "E" keys as substitutes! LOL! ;)

Anyway, great to hear that you finally got your computer! :)

Congrats!
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby rattle13 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:27 am

I'm with ya mercedes! Got my new one Tuesday! RIP my 2002 "Frankenputer" :lol: :lol:
rattle13

Re: I got my new COMPUTER!!~It's here!!~ :D

Postby mercedes » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:17 am

Happy to hear that you finally have your new computer! :) Do you feel like you are now in the 21st century? ;)

Yes!~ :D

All the letter "E"? I've never heard of such a thing (love to see a picture of the keyboard). Sounds like they may have run out of the other keys and used an overstock of "E" keys as substitutes! LOL! ;)

No not all keys are E's...just the control keys are symbols..Shift,ctrl,brackets,question-mark,alt,home,end,delete..a couple of others..they are symbols....

For instance the letter E with the ''accent grave''--which is the only way i know how to say that..is the quote key...In other words it's a french E...:D

It was the one they brought with them..that being their last one..so i just said..sure i'll take it...As my other one was in serious need of help..:shock:

Congrats Rattle..!! :D
Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby Chromegloss55 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:33 am

Yay! Mercedes finally has a great PC!

I recently had the pleasure of the getting a great new PC as well after suffering 7 years with a piece of rubbish, so I know how it feels!!!

Yay for you!!! :P
Chromegloss - Vanishes and then re-appears at complete random. [Working on Advanced Section of VBScript guide]
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby ZeornWarlock » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:47 am

Lucky girl! :D I must buy a new one too. :P

ZW.
You have to make some to understand some.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby Kat12 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:38 pm

Congrats Mercedes! I'm happy for you.

I just got a new computer too. My laptop was stolen last year and, even though I have a lovely desktop, I missed my laptop (I write so it's nice to be able to work away from home, when I'm at the cottage).

I got a Dell Inspiron 15, and it is cherry red, lol, with a black interior. It reminds of my first new car. It's got a lot more features than my desktop, even though my desktop is only a year and a half old! I can't believe how things improve so quickly.
I have to get out of my house for a week or so while repairs are being done (not sure when they're coming yet), so now I"m all set. The computer has built in wireless, so I can always take it to a local hotspot if I get lonely for my online friends.

Kat
Kat12
Frequent Poster

Postby Candle » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:09 am

Nice computer.
One can never have to many computers. lol
I have two in front of me and one to the left of me and I end up using them all during the day.

Enjoy your computer and get a surge protector right away.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby MRM2811 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:15 am

*chuckles*

Like a kid in a toy store....
Hope you have a lot of fun playing with your new computer.

Mercedes

Ya forgot to mention..mine has one of those see through cases with degrees on the front...I'm forever looking at the silly thing..It went up a degree!..lol..I"ll get used to it..I have one of those closed in desks with the special cupboard for hard-drive...thought it would be convenient..[cause i physically hate the look of cords..lol..]..But i end up keeping the door open for the hard-drive..so it's more a pain..Gonna take the door off..But at least i don't see cords..

*Makes mental note to never buy destop computer and have to deal with such problems as desks, cords, monitors, keyboard and mouse... will always stick with a laptop*
Just PM me three things, a location, a time period and a item.

I will send you back a story line.
MRM2811
Frequent Poster

Return to General Chat