May not make Isola with Adventure Maker

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

May not make Isola with Adventure Maker

Postby matthornb » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:40 pm

As far as my iPhone game, Isola, is concerned, I've decided I may not use AM to make it.

That said, I'm still definitely using AM for some other stuff and would like to credit/help you in some way at some point given that I've found your software useful and user-friendly. I'll put a few links to adventuremaker.com on my web network.

My websites have a decent number of Myst/adventure gaming fans visiting them, and I get about 1000 visitors per week, so the links may be worth something.

I'm thinking that Gendai Games' GameSalad might be a better option at this point for iPhone game development.

I could change my mind but their software looks like a good option for my project.
Last edited by matthornb on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matthornb

Postby matthornb » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:23 pm

Then again, you HAVE implemented scripting, which is a huge plus. I didn't realize when I made the first post just how much you've added to AM's iphone functionality.

So I'm not saying I won't use AM, AM is really well-geared towards this type of game, I'm just saying I'm not certain I'll use AM.

I'm going to look through AM's iphone scripting features and see if I can save/load games and play sounds with AM in an iPhone game. That'd be great if you've actually done the things I'd hoped you'd do.

If you implement panoramas, that'd make this even better, though it's not essential.

If I can do these things - sound, save/load, that means I'll probably - almost certainly - make Isola with AM despite the availability of GameSalad.

If I can do panoramas too, that'll clinch it and I'll definitely use AM for this project.

In any case, kudos to GMSupport for implementing the iPhone scripting features.
matthornb

Postby chickens1127 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:17 pm

<<Post removed by Lyberodoggy>>

Lyberodoggy wrote:I take the whole responsibility for this action, but I consider your post too aggressive. I suggest you don't continue this way. If this guy's posts were irritating, we (the admins) would have taken action ourselves. Please keep the tones down a bit
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Return to General Chat