My book manuscript

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

My book manuscript

Postby Kat12 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:47 pm

Hi all,
I uploaded a copy of my book manuscript to Harper & Collins online slushpile (Authonomy). It's geared toward children ages 7-10 (the main character is 9), so if any of you have kids who might like it (or if you're a kid at heart like I am), feel free to check it out. If you want to sign in and comment on it you're welcome to, but you don't have to (the more interest the book generates the more likely an editor will be to look at it).
The blurb about the book is terrible but the actual book has been getting some great feedback. I'll have to practice writing better blurbs, lol.

Take care,
Kat

http://www.authonomy.com/ViewBook.aspx?bookid=10586
Kat12
Frequent Poster

Postby chickens1127 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:11 pm

good, read first chapter... is this being published?

I'm currently working on a naval book.
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby MRM2811 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:58 am

Very nicley done,

Kind of has a "Paul Jennings" feel to it. Very good caharacter structure and excellent subject material. Childhood rivalry, adversity and friendship always makes for great classic childrens novel.

Best I ever had published was a handful of short stories.

Way to go.

:)
Just PM me three things, a location, a time period and a item.

I will send you back a story line.
MRM2811
Frequent Poster

Postby reneuend » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:54 pm

I've read the first 2 chapters so far. It's very cute.
I'll have to finish it later when I have some time.

Is there a way to download it as a PDF or something? Then I can print it out.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Kat12 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:38 am

Thanks for taking a look; I really appreciate it.

The book isn't published yet; the website is an online "slushpile"...a place where we can submit unsolicited work to HarperCollins. Whichever books make it to the top 5 will be looked at by editors there...I just joined a few days ago so I think it will take quite awhile for me to work my way up. 3 people have been published via this website so far, so that's promising.

Reneuend, sorry there's no way to download it. It can just be read online.

Kat
Kat12
Frequent Poster

Postby pennsteve » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:09 pm

Now, on this site, is your story protected in any way? What would prevent someone from stealing your book and having it published in their name?

I am working on some stories, but dont want them stolen. Also, if you put your story on this site, then decide you want to have it published elsewhere, are you allowed to remove it?

I put a few stories on associated content and on helium. Now I found a site I want to submit them to, but I am not allowed to remove them. I have to contact the administrators and ask them, and they still might deny me.
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby Kat12 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:23 am

Hi Pennsteve,

I don't know about the site itself, but I'm protected because when I finished the first draft of the book, I mailed a copy to myself and didn't open it. If anyone ever tries to say it's their book, I'll have my unopened parcel with the date on it to prove them wrong.

I can remove my book from the site at any time.
The only problem so far is that I've been unable to log in for a week now...they're having a lot of technical difficulties because of the number of users. They moved to a new server but things haven't improved much yet.

Kat
Kat12
Frequent Poster

Return to General Chat