My first flash animation

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

My first flash animation

Postby pennsteve » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:40 am

I wasnt sure where to put this so ill put it in general chat. I decided to try out the LiveSwif2.2. I went to a site (flashcartoons.org) to learn to use flash, but unfortunately LiveSwif doesnt have all of the features of macromedia....not that Im complaining since LiveSwif is free. Anyway....

I decided to try my hand......I had NO idea what I was doing. After a few attempts to try to make an animation, I realized that I have to do it like a flipbook animation. I added a button, then went to frame 2 and copied that same button, but a little further over, etc.....did 5 frames, hit preview and it was moving! I decided to do another button of another color, but going in the opposite direction. I inadvertently created an optical illusion. It looks like the buttons are circling each other in an oval pattern, but they are merely going left to right, right to left. Here is the link if you want to check it out.

http://www.gamesfree4u.com/flashdemo.html

Now I'll have to figure out how to make games with this thing, which will probably entail actionscript. lol
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby pennsteve » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:35 am

I know, big deal. lol. But I just learned some other things. I am not memorizing the code, just pasting what they say.

Now if I can figure out how to make room escape games........

Edit, I just made a smoke ring screen saver. Its just O's, but it does sort of look like smoke rings floating through space. lol

http://www.gamesfree4u.com/scrnsverdemo.html
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby pennsteve » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:37 pm

Ok, in 1 day I've been able to create a simple "game". Its not really a game, but well.....lol. Baby steps, ya know? Oh, it has some bad words, like a**hole, d**n, etc. Nothing you dont see on TV though.

http://www.gamesfree4u.com/buttondemo.html
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby Candle » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:18 am

Stop bumping your post or I'll lock it.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby pennsteve » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:56 am

Candle wrote:Stop bumping your post or I'll lock it.

Stop bumping my post? I am not allowed to add things to my post?? Wow, here I thought this was a FRIENDLY environment. I dont exactly see anyone else posting anything lately. I guess you people dont like me because I have nothing helpful to contribute, well SORRY for not knowing VBscript!

Ya know, you are one touchy person. I'm sorry for sounding angry, but I am. I PAID for the commercial version of AM, yet I come to these forums to get help or simply post and I have to walk on eggshells because some moderators are too touchy. Its not like I post spam here or anything. No wonder the board is so quiet lately. I think everyone went elsewhere.

THANKS!!
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby Zenoc2 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:48 pm

Pal, you need to calm down a little. When Candle said "bumping", he meant double-posting. That's generally looked down upon, because it's usually the mark of a spammer. You're clearly not one, but in the future, if you've already double-posted, try taking the text from your latest post and editing it into your previous one, before you post again. Generally, this is a friendly and upbeat place- Candle's just trying to make sure it stays somewhat orderly.

Candle, don't you think threatening to lock this may have been a slight overreaction? Pennsteve was just trying to get a response. :?

One of the reasons no one has responded, Pennsteve, is that, as you said, you're posting "beginner" stuff. It's cool to see that you're learning flash, but we usually don't comment unless we really like what we see, or we want something changed. I'm sure everyone's been reading what you have to say, just not responding. ;) Those button games are always fun, by the way. I would have liked it more with a better choice of language, though. Still, nice job- especially on the moving button parts. It seems like an obvious choice, but I've never seen that done before. :)
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby chickens1127 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:06 pm

Yes. I totally agree. Pennestreve, I have had outbursts before, becuase some people on this forums are real jerks. (Candle, I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about a regular member.) But calm down.

But Candle, threatening people does not help this forum. It will just make this forum really quiet.

Pennestreve, I know ActionScript 2, I can help you out, but nice short little game.
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby Candle » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:32 pm

Here are the rules , please read them.
``````````````
Candle
Administrator

Postby Zenoc2 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:18 am

You know, while it's generally accepted as a rule/ strongly suggested guideline, there's nothing in there at the moment that says anything against double-posting. Curiously, there's a rather poorly worded rule about posting the same message more than once, and there's a rule against spamming, but as far I can see, there's not an official rule about double-posting. It's just good forum etiquette to avoid doing so.

It's often considered ok to post twice in a row if no one has said anything in the topic for a few days (usually to get conversation going again), but I think the problem here is that the posts were in such rapid succession, making it seem like spam. We should probably have a rule about when it's ok to double post, and when it's not.

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby chickens1127 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:43 pm

Wait, hold that up, Zenoc. The rule on this forum is no bumps, and posting after a few days may be considered a "bump". Need clarfication from Candle and maybe to update the rules to make them more clear??
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby Candle » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:24 pm

Lets stay on topic ok.
Thank you. the flash looks good pennsteve .
``````````````
Candle
Administrator

Postby ZeornWarlock » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:12 pm

pennsteve,

Good testing there. One thing you could do to the bouncing ball is enlarge it on the sides while it flattens. It would enhance your already good bounce. :)

As for the double posting comments, when Candle said that to me in one of my posts last year, I was like what the eck is he on! But that is all our reactions the first time. Guys chill out; Candle is just making sure everything is in check. No one got banned out because of it. He is just doing his work. Simply put, just hit the edit button.

ZW.
You have to make some to understand some.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby Zenoc2 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:31 pm

ZW, you should be a Moderator, you know? :wink:

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby chickens1127 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:58 am

OK. On topic guys. C'mon. Seriously.

And Candle, thanks for complimenting Pennestreve's work, it makes the forum less uneasy.
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Return to General Chat