Ok... I have a problem...

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Ok... I have a problem...

Postby chickens1127 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:15 pm

I like the forum gets new members, and some turn out to be really nice, like Zenoc2 and Reneuend. I have been here, as some of you may know, nearly 2 years and have seen many people come and go. But this is what I hate.

Username464
7 POSTS
"I know that I haven't been around, but, I am so busy, I'm writing the storyline for my new adventure game, and so I am really busy. Right now I'm formulating the characters, and I also have this hacking cool website, it's going to have all these cool adventure games. So yea guys, I'm busy right now."

1. You are not quiet part of the AM community yet, so don't act like everybody knows you
2. And yes, we don't keep a file on every n00b that signs up to track when he is posting and when he is not.
3. Even if you are a member of the community, we don't want to be hearing a blog post about yourself. Start a blog and see if anybody actully reads it.
4. Your website will suck, and yes, it will SUCK.
5. Your game will suck, and yes, it will SUCK.
6. If you want to advertise your game, go to the New Games Announcement.
7. You're probably 6 years old, and don't be so nicy-nicy like you know us, unless you are a stalker, which you probably are, and all I can reccomend is if you have enough money go to a psychiatrist and make your whole house rubber so you can't hurt yourself.

Sorry, just had to get this out. In other words, DO NOT MAKE A FREAKING NEW POST UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY!!!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!?!?!?!?!

If you cannot understand these simple yet easy to understand instructions, refer to my avatar for assistance and FAQs. :D
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby Jaked » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:11 pm

1. That's cruel, dude, that's like saying "You will suck at adventure game making, and yes, YOU WILL SUCK. Come on.

2. Okay, if it was a week or more w/o updates, I guess the obvious theory is "YOU'RE PROCRASTINATING!" and they'll throw in whatever the *CENSORED WORD* they want. We'll just all know it will never be worse than Myst V (where has Ubisoft gone wrong with Adventure games?)

The actual advice, Chickens1127, on your avatar is not complete. It's "Until you can make decent CR@P, ST*U and GT*O".

Oh my... what did I just say? Uh, scratch the last two paragraphs.
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Zenoc2 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:29 am

There seems to be a lot of flaring up arguments on the forum lately. I'm going to try and kill this as quickly as possible:

Most of us agree that it's slightly annoying when new members make short, unspecific posts that give very little, if any, actual information on what it is they're making (or for that matter, even introducing themselves). However, as annoying as this can be at times, there's not really much we can do about it. Neither can we assume that whatever they're making with "suck" just because of their annoying posts.

One of the great things about this forum is that everyone who joins gets a chance to show off what they've made, good bad or ugly. If you don't like what you see, I'm afraid the best policy is tolerance.
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby chickens1127 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:46 pm

Well, guess what, I am noobist, I admit it. I hate n00bs, and I will not deal with them. I herby now promise to burn every n00b that makes a post that is not AM worthy material. And Jaked, for clarification, you are right, STFU AND GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby ZeornWarlock » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:00 pm

I was away for a while and coming back to the forums I am seeing a lot of heat and hate going on around here. I normally keep quiet myself, but I think I will speak out this time.

First I saw the pennsteve thread situation, which kinda got out of hand and now this one.

Concerning the following...

1. You are not quiet part of the AM community yet, so don't act like everybody knows you
2. And yes, we don't keep a file on every n00b that signs up to track when he is posting and when he is not.
3. Even if you are a member of the community, we don't want to be hearing a blog post about yourself. Start a blog and see if anybody actully reads it.
6. If you want to advertise your game, go to the New Games Announcement.
7. You're probably 6 years old, and don't be so nicy-nicy like you know us, unless you are a stalker, which you probably are, and all I can reccomend is if you have enough money go to a psychiatrist and make your whole house rubber so you can't hurt yourself.

1 = New folks trying AM are just trying to fit in the community. I see nothing wrong with that.
2 = What was that about?
3 = Just like no1, new users are probably giving an intro of themselves. No problem there either. If you do not care for them, just read something else.
4&5 = That is not only rude as Jaked stated, but it is not a good way to get any interest in AM or its community.
6 = If it is their first visits on the forums they may not know. But a friendly link to it will do the trick. ;)
7 = Accusing folks and new user of things is a great way to scare them off the forums and loosing AM potential customers in the process. It also sounds very immature.

You need to understand that most who will come here to post will do so in four likely areas, trouble shooting, asking for codes, plug-in help or to promote their games, EX: http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=5155 weather it is professional or not. Some will try to say hi, but with responses like the latest ones, will surely drive them away. JeeJi1983 became very quiet after that link above.

Some folks here either try the fee version or buy the full AM just to have fun making a game. Weather it gets completed or not, published or not. The maker of such game does not have to post it here or for anyone for that matter. And if they do and the game is not professionally done, it does not give us the right to discourage the maker of such game. Doing so will again drive away new users and the same goes for new potential AM customers and that is not good for GM?s Business. And you never know, maybe such n00b could become extremely good and productive after while.

On a side note, if you are trying the get more readers for your AM magazine, I can safely say that this is not the way to gain new readers. :P

I suggest you use your magazine to encourage new users rather than trash them and actually do a section for n00bs to AM. However, you may actually have use AM yourself for that. ;)

Just my two cents.

PS: I am not putting you down chickens, but you have to check that rooster temper?

ZW.
You have to make some to understand some.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby Candle » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:13 pm

This is done.. move along.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:41 pm

I hate to break a lock on a locked thread, but I have to say this:
I wasn't around for like 3 days and when I come back I find this topic. I 'm really sad that a nice community like this one, which ALWAYS respected and welcomed new members has threads like this and a person I really respected for his contribution posts something like that.

After all chickens you are not using AM yourself, so you can't go around calling other user noobs.
You 've been warned multiple times. I 'd rather this attitude stopped now...

This is what I wanted to say. Sorry for lockpicking, but I think my intervention was necessary.

Take care
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Return to General Chat