Goodbye

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Goodbye

Postby chickens1127 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:45 pm

I'm done with the forum for now, and probably for ever. Goodbye. I've had a great two years, and met some great people, and had some good times. If you would like to contact me, send an e-mail to taylorchickens1127@gmail.com or at www.youtube.com/chickens1127. Thank you to Mercedes, for being a great friend, and Lyberodoggy, in light of recently, Mystery, who helped me early on trying to make my first game, Jaked, you're a great member. Zenoc2, MRM, and all the Bite By Byte writer thanks and sorry since I'm probably shuting it down. And most of all thank you to Reneuend, who helped me so much with Bite By Byte. I may drop in once in a while if I feel like this forum has changed slightly and may run next years Adventure Maker Awards, but othern then that, I am done. Thank you all and I must be gone now. Have a nice day being kind and respectful to each other and having no fun.>
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby mercedes » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:35 am

Hey... :? ...wow things have gotten really out of hand here..

I will admit I wasn't sure how to take your sense of humor either..as we all read things differently....You just have to be careful in forums..the way things are written..PPl may perceive them differently..

I've seen myself start a thread...10 Things you can do with a Digiwave
---I had one at the time..and I just hated it..and i
I wrote it in a Digiwave forum..:shock:

I wrote stuff like.
--Use it as a doorstop..Feel free to open door really hard..
--An anchor for your boat..
--When things don't go right...feel free to smash it...it won't work anyways..
--great resting place for your cat...
--footstool...
--It makes a great addition to the other non-working vcr's and dvd players u have..
--You can place it behind back tire..and the car won't roll..

And at the time..It was a joke...I was mad at the same time...but I had meant it to be funny...Many thought it was...But those who didn't...I heard from..lol..[cause they had one]..and of course they had no problem with theirs.. :x

You have contributed yourself Chickenz...and we would all miss you kiddo...;) I just assume forget this all happened...and be done with it.
I hope and look forward to your next article ..;)

Peace ~
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lazypookzz » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:45 am

Hello chickens,

I am too new here on the forums to understand everything is going on here, but saw you do and write a lot.
The first few weeks was a lot of fun for me here, but now it is very quiet.

Not really sure wat to say, but like to thank you and wish you good luck!
Lazypookzz
Frequent Poster

Postby chickens1127 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:53 pm

Thank you. Here is my standing on my "comedic post".

- You are calling it a discimintive joke? ROFL. Noobs are not a race, color, homosexual, or not. They are just inexperienced. You guys are going one step short of calling it a hate crime.

This has no hate attached to this, it's just my personaly reply to Harvester's posts.
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby Harvester » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:14 pm

I see. Then maybe I should rephrase my statement (since I didn't mean to add such extra meaning to the word 'discriminating'; I didn't know that it can be only used in such extremeties).

Maybe this is acceptable to say then:
I don't think that the way you treat noobs would help them grow up from their inexperienced status. Maybe some patience, help, kind (but honest) words or such might give them a more friendly feeling instead of suggesting they should turn back and not take a step forward. Or if you don't wish to help them, then why not just leave them alone live their noob lives the way they wish. Correct me if I'm not right but (almost) all of us started things the noob way.

Under discrimination I didn't mean anything like you said. For me discrimination is a term used to show hostile feelings towards a group of people. It's not a crime or anything like that, it's an absolutely natural human action, but I don't think that a forum that is intended to be a welcome place for all AM users is an approppriate place for it. I do not place my statements on the basis of forum rules or laws or anything. I just wanted to express that I do not agree with it. It's like when you see an article in a newspaper that gives you bad feelings or disgust you. It's legal to present, maybe deep inside you even agree with it, but it's not nice to see in a public medium since it's not for everyone.

Sorry if my posts had part in the decision you made, I tried to do my best to bring peace in the situation, but now I guess I just deepened it; if you decide to leave after all (which I hope won't be your choice) then I say thanks for your contribution on the forums.

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Zenoc2 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:34 pm

Oh no. Not an "I'm leaving" post. :( Well, if you've really made up your mind, all I can say is that I wish you well, and when you realise that you can have fun without putting someone else down, I hope you come back.
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby chickens1127 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:14 pm

OK. Fine. I will say this as possibly my last post on this topic and this forum for at least a few weeks.
I am sorry if I disrupted GM's business or turned this place slightly hostile, I just didn't realize that this forum is different then most of the others, since I am an atypical forum member/moderator on other forums, where my personality is actully nice and one of the most positive, and that may be hard to believe. I made that post for comedic purposes, and there was no "hate" twoard noobs when I made that post, only they can be annoying sometimes. I am again sorry if my actions disrupted this forum, and I guess my personality is not fit for this forum, more reason I should leave permantently, but I may be back. :D

Thank you for the great times and I may be back.

Chickens1127
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Hey

Postby Harvester » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:46 pm

Hey,

You're not right when you say your personality do not fit these forums. You can't say it, since as I see you understand where this what to call it... misunderstaning rooted, so just one little obvious step forward (=acting in future considering that you realised what kind of forum is this) and you are actually a better member then myself if I can draw such comparison between two members :)

I really hope you'll change your mind, it would be a pity to let you go just because a misunderstanding grew too big in the end.

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Return to General Chat