Sad times in the forums :(

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Sad times in the forums :(

Postby Jaked » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:22 am

Saddening, really, what is happening. Here's just some of the tragedy.

The Freethinker's team is working hard to get the game Breath into public, attempting to run past the final 5 yards (metaphorically speaking, the finishing touch stretch), but according to Zenoc2, it's lagging (like going the final 5 yards with small 20 pound boulders on your ankles, in my eyes). But then according to Lyberodoggy, it doesn't matter! They're close enough to cross the "finish line" close enough to deadline! But, still, it'll be a while.

No word on the new game, called The Filmmaker by CBSection13, creator of such games as Shady Brook and Lifestream.

Also no word of Reneuend's Shayne McCoy: Friends in Low Places.

There's controversy everywhere!

Chickens1127 LEFT THE FORUMS (although if it's just until September or forever is kinda shrouded) :( :( :( .
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Don't

Postby Harvester » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:46 am

Am I and underemotional person or such if I don't feel so much tragedy in the past times?

Yes, the things you mentioned are really sad. But don't we always have fine games delayed or even abandoned? It's sad but not new, so why to cry now on this issue? We could have done it anytime in the past years.

The chickens issue is actually the more tragical part, since we lost (or optimistically may I say: we are about to lose) a worthy member, however, I wouldn't say it was only the bad ugly evil forum community's act, since he actually has said things that helped in the creation of this crap we have here now. You see, even the best people out there may do things that others don't like and then that has a consequence.

I hope again I didn't offend anyone; all I wanted to do in this situation is to make people stop what they are doing, or at least realise if it's bad for the community. Mercedes was right in another topic: different things are considered fun by different people. But you see: if I'd say discriminative jokes, would the discriminated laugh? I don't think so. And since both sides are parts of the community everybody should make some compromises.

I hope the forums will be better in a short while, but please don't talk about tragedy or overdramatise things since I think that actually worsens the situation. It's like this economic depression we are said to have now: if they have not said that we have it, many people wouldn't even realise that it's here.... but now everybody's talking about it and many people fear. Everything will be fine, there are always better and worse periods.

But this was just my opinion.

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Jaked » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:30 pm

The first three are sad things that happen usually. The other two... those happen like once or twice a year, maybe? A little more than that, I guess? And yes, he was a great member, but he unwillingly created a big issue.

Cyberbullying is bullying, even if the intentions were supposed to be hilarity, kids. And knowing is half the battle.

I just needed to use those lines, not comically ripping GI Joe, but to get a point across. :!: :!: :!:
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby juhuwoorps » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:45 pm

well i think, now it's time to thinking quit about what happens here.
Ladys and Gentlemen: It's summer!
There's heat all over world, but theres also water you can refresh.
So cool down if yo have water, and respect the heat of this one who have none. If you have over, give it to to the others.
If you calm down down a fire with water, you will miss the heat. But theres a silent moment when the damp comes up...
I wish it could be here like this.
Let us take the moment of silent ...
before the storm beginns.
This forum is like a storm... quit and lovely... nothing happens.
But then, anyone comes up with an question, idea, asking for help...whatever
and then the forum is like a dried flower who gets water:
all is growing, the black flower wents to green, new ideas are born.new questions also!
a " natural" forum like we have here, needs the time to sleep to get more power.to grow up.

And to all new members: You're very welcome.
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby Jaked » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:06 pm

So, that means... the more anger we put into this great forum, the more it "wilts"? And the more people are happy and willing to be helpful, or at least observe and compliment, the more new people come, are happy here, and the "forum flower" grows. Is that right???
Jaked
Code Master

Postby juhuwoorps » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:15 pm

no! it means when anger comes up, thats live!
there are good times and bad times.
but you need the bad times to get a better time.
This forum is a great forum. any one help the other.and thats great, but it does cost a lot of power.and everyone needs a pause.
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby mercedes » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:36 am

I think what he means is...;

When there is nothing to add to the fire...it will Die... :wink:

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby Zenoc2 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:44 am

That was pretty cool, but I'm afraid it was just a little too poetic to get the point across easily, my friend. :)

Less poetically, I think what he meant was that it's kind of like the relationship between a couple- when they fight, things seem bad, but the fighting helps each of them to learn and grow, and possibly get past issues of their own. A fight every once in a while is needed to keep things going.

Now, looking back at Chickens post about newbies, some of it seems so ridiculous that it's obvious he was just poking fun. He just poked a bit too hard. :)

As for progress on Breath, we really do want to make this game, and we'll keep pressing forward. All I meant was that as the summer draws to a close, changing schedules and real life are making things difficult. :shock:
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Return to General Chat