You know its summer time-When..

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

You know its summer time-When..

Postby mercedes » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:32 am

You know its summer time when....

I have a little puppy...I just got it the other day..well weeks ago now..
I like to leave the back door open for it..I'ts trained really well..this way..
...I was at my desk the other night..sitting by the computer, and my puppy likes to play under my desk..

The puppy wasn't buggin me, right...so I was letting it play...with whatever it was playing with...
I finally look down...and I can't make it at first..I look closer and its a TOAD....and at this point its on its back feigning death..Hoping the puppy will just move on...
I saved it in the nick of time...poor lil toad..

The next day...I'm sitting on my couch..and most that know me...Know i have eyes like a hawk...I'm not just saying that- I really do...at night ..whatever..I will notice the slightest of movement..Be it in the corner..other room..whatever...lol..

and i know i saw something black out of the corner of my eye...in the kitchen..just a flash...We looked and nothing..I thought- oh great a mouse..and me with 2 cats..

Hours pass..and i'm on the couch..watching TV..and I see it again..!...This time I get up..and its a big TOAD...just hopping around my kitchen..And I will not touch a big toad..I would have let it move right in..I really didn't want to have to wake up my roomate to come get a toad..But of course I did....lest my puppy play with this one..My cats don't bother with frogs..I've seen my cat sitting on the deck..with a frog right beside it..and nothing..[Which i'm happy for..that would be too much]

Anyways..He just stomped down the stairs..--he hates getting woken up ...[He has to work early..so I can't blame him..] Flipped the toad into a dustpan on its back..put it outside..and back upstairs..he went..lol..

Anyhow....Now..this silly thing...stands at my door!...I mean right at the door..--In the center of it....Like it wants in..!...
I can't stand to open it...for it hop back in here..I try opening and shutting the door...finally it goes to the other side of porch...I mean..what the..

So anyways..that's when u know its summer..and what u get when u leave the door open here...:lol:
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lazypookzz » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:10 am

That's a nice story. I have a few ponds and once a year there are toads jumping everywhere, for 2 or 3 weeks.
They even jump on my sturgeon till it drives him mad and then he swings his tail and they fly through the pond lol.

Hope your spooky toad won't be knocking on your door again :wink:

I never have frogs in my pond, but found this little one 2 weeks ago in a little fountain in the back yard. Looking at me with his/her golden eyes :shock:
Lazypookzz
Frequent Poster

Return to General Chat