Murder in the Spotlight Chapter 1 Preview.

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Murder in the Spotlight Chapter 1 Preview.

Postby Jaked » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:13 pm

Murder in the Spotlight: Read Chapter One Before Either the Book or Game Release!

Chapter 1: A Knife and a Light (In the Eyes of the Victim)

?I thought I told you fifteen times, Shelly! Step, snap, step, snap!? said the nearly fuming red-faced boss of mine, Donald Parcheesi. ?Get your head in the game! Last Man on the Moon is show-time in two days! Got it? Two flipping days!? his face went from a shade of beet to a ripe tomato. The polished wood floor was hard against my feet, but I kept cool. It?s only two days until my worthless career is over. Then I can retire with 600 grand and twenty years of acting experience beneath my belt.
?Yes sir,? I said, doing the moves as close to perfectly dramatic as humanly possible. He still wasn?t pleased.
?How many times do I have to tell you, it has to be brilliant? You stunk on ice!? retorted my belligerent ~~didn't mean to swear~~ of a boss. Then his shade changed from a red tomato to flaming lava. ?You have one more chance, Roberts! Before I pull the plug on your last performance!?
?I?d like to see you try,? I calmly said. He growled in defeat and left the directing for the ?good cop?, the owner of the building Sarah McBower. ?You were a little off, it?s one, two, one, two.? She then took a small look at her copy of the script, looking nonchalantly at my choreography with a perplexed expression, ?Instead, you went, one, two, two, one. That could be added, but let?s take it from the top again, just to be sure!? I tried it again? step, snap? DANG! Step, snap, snap, DANG! Step, snap, step, step? what?s happening? My choreography never was this bad!
?I?m sorry, McBower, I couldn?t carry a one, two, beat even if you glued a metronome on my head!?

After the final rehearsal, I met up with my friend, Sarah Lawrence. I said, ?Hey, Sarah, you coming on stage at the performance tonight? I?d love to see you.?
In guilt, she said, ?Sorry, I?m booked for a date that day!?
Curiously, I asked, ?Who??
She replied, ?Uh, Parcheesi??
At that, I chortled greatly, ?Really, him? That is just rich. I mean, I believe it, but really, him?!?
She replied, ?Yes, he?s nice? okay, not that nice, but still he?s kind of? okay, I have no idea why at all!? At that, I chortled louder.
At that moment Donald Parcheesi, balding red hair and all, walked out of the shadows he supposedly was hiding in. No, that wasn?t red hair; it wasn?t Donald at all! It was my acting superior, Jack Edson.
?Hello, Roberts,? he said with a distinct utter scorn, ?Good job winning the Penny?s last week.? At that, he grit his teeth.
?I?ve also been hearing that you?ve been saving the money in the theatre like it?s your personal hidey hole!?
I muttered, ?I-I- uh, but Jack!?
Jack Edson?s next reply was brutally put forth, ?Now listen here, Shell, I either find the supposed 600 grand myself or hand it out to the public, or you give me ten thousand and we?ll call it even. The mafia cut the line??
?You know the New York Mafia?? I replied.
?Oops,? he muttered, ?As I said, the NYM cut the ?cannolis? they were giving me in return for some shady deals. So, my mortgage has gone up and, this is a Herculean effort, I need to ask you for some funds.?
?I?m afraid I can?t, even to my ?superior?,? I retorted. I noted his cloth in his jacket and his Freemason watch. He was very mad and insincere when he walked out.

?Henry, make it through it! In that null gravity, you will surely go float to your death! Henry, wait! HENRY!!!? My lines were amateurish at best, but I needn?t fret, for afterwards I will be off to Comoro Cove, Hawaii, with a hefty 1,000,000 dollars exactly. As I continued my late night rehearsal, I noticed a white silk behind the curtain. I saw the insignia on it:

|J.E|

Wait, a minute! This is Jack Edson?s! I then heard a crackle and one of the spotlights went out. I looked up, saw falling doom, and said, ?Oh, sh??

BOOM!
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Return to General Chat