I messed up Please Help!!!

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

I messed up Please Help!!!

Postby chickens1127 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:07 pm

Hey guys, I have this really long (like 10-15 pages) due early this week. I wrote a lot yesterday, and this morning I was deleting like 20 Internet Explorers that my parents had opened when I accidently deleted my paper!!! :x :x :x :x No save!!! Now, see, I have Word Processor, not Word, so most of the tricks on Window's website didn't work. And yes, I have AutoSave on but didn't help

If worst comes to worst I'll rewrite it but it took me 3 1/2 hours yesterday so I'm gonna put 3 hours of work into this before retyping it. PLEASE HELP!!!! Have any ideas or programs??!?!??! Thanks!!! :)
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby reneuend » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:25 pm

There are programs available for undeleting files. As you know, when a file is deleted, the reference to the memory area is removed and that area of memory is freed up to be used for writing...as long as it hasn't been written to, you should be fine. I use BadCopy Pro, but there are many out there!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby chickens1127 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:03 pm

I never saved it though. Would this still work?

Thanks tho! :D
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby General Failure » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:56 pm

I don't know word processor. Maybe there is an option where you can define, where this program should store its temp files.

Open this folder in Windows explorer. Open word processor and create a new document. Check back in Windows explorer, if a new file has been created. Then check, if there are files that look similar to the new one. Open this one with Word Processor. If this does not work, try to open it in notepad or another editor.

Little chance, but maybe it works. Most programs create temp files while working (otherwise most of them delete the temp files when they are closed).
General Failure

Postby chickens1127 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:18 pm

Thanks for the help, but I was able to retype, along with some soda! Phew... thank godness my topic was something that I already knew a lot about.
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Return to General Chat