The engine

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

The engine

Postby Dalton » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:40 pm

Hi.
I was thinking: does anyone know any free engine compatible with the Nintendo WII or other game plataforms? Is the Wintermute engine compatible with the new generation consoles? Because I?m using the AM to create games but even the cilindrical plugin has bugs... I was thinking to buy the AM but i?m not soo happy with the results of my first game. :?
Last edited by Dalton on Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:48 pm

No the only free way to create apps and games for next gen consoles is through homebrew software, which is considered illegal in most of the cases
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Dalton » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:56 pm

Really??? But the Unreal Engine, I saw a free version. There?s a lot of games been created with this engine.

Lyberodoggy wrote:No the only free way to create apps and games for next gen consoles is through homebrew software, which is considered illegal in most of the cases
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:37 pm

Use of the UDK for noncommercial purposes is free of charge. If you are going to use the UDK for any commercial purpose or in any way that is not specifically authorized in the end-user license agreement (EULA), you must agree to appropriate commercial terms.

Yes, the UDK is available for free but I don't know if that version exports software to the 360 or the PS3. With what deployment method would that be possible? And even if it is possible, it's far more difficult to create something from the scratch on the Uengine than on AM. You would need a dev team of at least 5-10 people to make sure that you won't get overwhelmed.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Dalton » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:43 pm

Yeah, I know... :cry:
I?ll try it out with the wintermute. Too bad i?ll have to start to learn about how to create a game with this engine. It will take some months... :?

Lyberodoggy wrote:
Use of the UDK for noncommercial purposes is free of charge. If you are going to use the UDK for any commercial purpose or in any way that is not specifically authorized in the end-user license agreement (EULA), you must agree to appropriate commercial terms.

Yes, the UDK is available for free but I don't know if that version exports software to the 360 or the PS3. With what deployment method would that be possible? And even if it is possible, it's far more difficult to create something from the scratch on the Uengine than on AM. You would need a dev team of at least 5-10 people to make sure that you won't get overwhelmed.
Dalton
Expert Member

Return to General Chat