Game Design Competitions (outside of AM Community)

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Game Design Competitions (outside of AM Community)

Postby Mystery » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:59 pm

There are different game design competitions announced out there, and I thought I'd create a topic for them :)
For now, I know of 2 ongoing competitions:

3rd Independent Developer Competition

Game developers everywhere are invited to create and submit their original titles from May 1st through July 31st, 2010.

* The Grand Prize winner gets a $100,000 cash prize and the option for a publishing deal with Zoo Games. Our panel of industry experts and indie developers will determine the winner.
* The Community Favorite is determined by votes from the indiePub community, starting on August 1st. The winner will receive a $5,000 cash prize.
* There are five Public Recognition Winners: one each for Technical Excellence, Art, Audio, Design, and a Staff Pick. These winners will each win a $1,000 prize.

Please read further details here:
http://www.indiepubgames.com/news/3rd-d ... ompetition

Casual Gameplay Design Competition #8

"For the 8th Casual Gameplay Design Competition, we are calling for entries designed to incorporate this theme: SANDBOX. You are free to interpret that any way you choose; however, judging will include an evaluation of how well the theme is represented in your game, so we ask that you submit an explanation of how the theme inspired you to create your game when you submit your entry."

You may use any browser-based technology platform you are comfortable with (Flash, Unity, Shockwave, Javascript/HTML5, etc.)

Deadline:
Sunday, August 1, 2010 at 11:59PM (GMT-5:00).

Prizes:

• 1st place: $1,000
  • Armor Games Awards: $500 - to each of the top 3 Flash games for a non-exclusive license to appear at Armor Games.
  • Audience award: $500 - determined by JIG community popular vote.

Please read further details here:
http://jayisgames.com/archives/2010/06/game_design_competition_8.php
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Return to General Chat