Now that AM works in Windows 7 - hope to see the old AMers

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Now that AM works in Windows 7 - hope to see the old AMers

Postby reneuend » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:18 am

We had some really good talent out here a couple years ago. I hope they come back now that AM works quite well in Windows 7.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby CBSection31 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:06 pm

My guess would be that the only thing that would draw most people back to AM at this point, sad as it might be, would be to either see a re-implementation of the features that were removed in Windows 7, such as the ability to set audio volumes, or brand new features that add content to the engine, such as a better save/load system. Otherwise, I see most people moving on...which is a shame!
CBSection31
Code Master

Postby reneuend » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:08 pm

Hopefully, there will be an answer for the volume. I had built a load-save plugin but it I noticed that the icons aren't showing up on the load game page, so I'll have to try and fix it and then release it.

I tried other products, but I really didn't find anything that worked as well as AM. They were either too cumbersome to use or over-complicated. I was already working with VB .Net to build the games from scratch, which was actually working out better then most of the tools out there.

Anyway, lets hope that the next release of AM takes care of some of these major issues!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby ZeornWarlock » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Well I've been away for some time now, however regardless of its future I'm sticking with AM.

I admit that it would be nice and quite lucrative to be able to make apps and games with ?full? AM features on that platform and hope GM-Support will add more, but just hearing he's working on a Win7 update is great news. :D

In any case, AM still has its loyal familiar faces, so I'm sure GM-Support will keep this alive for a little while. ;)

ZW.
You have to make some to understand some.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Return to General Chat