Need help.

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Need help.

Postby cc89 » Sat May 07, 2011 6:18 am

Hello. This is cc89.

I have joined these forums ages ago, but I haven't been able to log in because of life commitments (new job, moving into an apartment).

You might recall stating that I was working on a game called "Telecrystals", where you had to find a crystal in order to operate a teleporter, but due to a hard drive crash back in July 2010, lack of motivation and ideas, and other factors, resulted in the project being cancelled. Now, I want to resurrect the project, but I can't seem to find any good ideas on what the areas should look like (look up the labyrinth of time and you'll see what i want to create, something like that).

Do you have any ideas on how I can motivate myself to complete the project?
cc89

Postby reneuend » Sat May 07, 2011 12:54 pm

My best advice is to keep it small, esp. if you aren't motivated. You might also just take a camera and take pictures and use those so you don't have to draw. Drawing is very time-consuming and is the hardest for me to work anymore than 1 or 2 hours at a time before I'm bored of it.Last, keep your puzzles simple.

As for details of what the images should look like, I can't say; everyone has different ideas of how it should look.

good luck!
---

reneuend
Administrator

For motivation

Postby Harvester » Sat May 07, 2011 1:32 pm

For motivation:
Although it may not work in every single cases, but one can find numerous game making contests on the internet with different topics, criteria, etc. I personally find them quite motivating, since they are mostly about small projects, have a prize, and most importantly, have a deadline, which makes me work on the game day and night :wink:
So the main point is, try to find a goal, sort of a deadline for your project, and you're more likely to finish it. I think after making the first game and getting some positive reactions on it -friends will surely give positive reactions on a self-made game-, everything gets easier and one can already have all the motivation needed.
For ideas, you may want to look around on the forums, I guess ideas are the easiest to find (since most people everywhere just have brilliant ideas... or ideas they consider brilliant), while graphics are the hardest. So I agree with Reneuend that graphics should be kept simple. If you don't want to use photos, you may want to look at some basic drawing tutorials; those together with free textures, images from the net can make wonders!

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Return to General Chat