First Impression/photoshopped?

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

First Impression/photoshopped?

Postby mercedes » Mon May 07, 2012 9:25 pm

HI there..:)

I'm a m.u.a, so I follow anything makeup... A couple of ppl asked me about this..

Kim Kardasian tweeted this the other day, saying her mua, put this on her face.
Most think it's a primer. She never mentions what it is. I can only think of one crayon primer. Although, it looks like crayon to me, but-more of a photo-shopped crayon?

I'm not an expert with paint tools..
So, I thought I would ask those of you, that are experts with editing tools...:)

What's your first impression..Photoshopped..yes or no ? Do the lines look natural..?

They don't to me...But I'm not sure exactly what it is.
Attachments
article-2133892-12B994CE000005DC-321_306x423.jpg
article-2133892-12B994CE000005DC-321_306x423.jpg (28.68 KiB) Viewed 2769 times
Last edited by mercedes on Tue May 08, 2012 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mercedes
VIP

Postby reneuend » Tue May 08, 2012 12:00 am

I think it looks photoshopped, but the picture itself has been softened so it makes it harder. There are no telltale lines going outside the face or across areas you wouldn't expect to see a line. I do see a couple things noted in the image here. The one line overlaps another line instead of blending. The edges of the yellow marks appear to be antialiased.
Attachments
image_fake.jpg
Areas that might be suspect
image_fake.jpg (58.75 KiB) Viewed 2741 times
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Tue May 08, 2012 5:46 pm

What bugged me was the lines on the forehead.
[No loops at the end of either line-just straight up and down..]
I'm not sure what to make of that. It bugs me, that's the first thing i saw and thought, photoshopped.

However, when i tried to do straight lines like that, in software..I had difficulty with it..

Also, what do you think of the left side of her face..[you're right]. The part where it looks like backwards check marks..[Looks like 2-3 in a row]

That would be awkward to me, in life..and in software..cause I can't imagine the tool she used.
Other than a crayon..Which in my software is difficult to handle-

Also, any line I tried, went straight across..
Where as the marks in the picture..look to be hugging her face..But it also looks like she had to have smiled the whole time??

I feel its' been photoshopped..just no idea on what tools..she might have used..

There are no telltale lines going outside the face or across areas you wouldn't expect to see a line.

What do you mean by this..?

The edges of the yellow marks appear to be antialiased.

What's anitialized..?

There are reasons why i want to know this..but it will sound silly..to you guys..:oops:

*EDIT* Is it possible all she used was PAINT?!
I think that's what bugs me about it!..I know she wouldn't go thru effort for it.
Only, any line I use in PAINT, would cover her face completely, [including nose area, on her right side] But the lines look way familiar. Including curvy line--the checkmarks.
mercedes
VIP

Postby reneuend » Tue May 08, 2012 7:04 pm

If it was software, it was probably something like Corel Painter where you can choose the media to paint with. Also, using a tablet and pen makes it quite easy to control the lines. So, making a good fake isn't that hard to do.

It's nearly impossible to tell if the image was faked because the image was softened either with a filter or with software.

When I said telltale lines, it meant I was looking for evidence where the crayon marks went beyond the face or across an object like an eye.

antialiased is where the yellow mark is blended with its surroundings (face), and not a hard yellow line. Notice how the jaggs on the yellow edges is more pronounced than edges on the face itself. This is what makes me wonder if the yellow mark was added using software. It's very suspect to me.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Tue May 08, 2012 7:24 pm

Thanks!

I thought it was either 1 software or 2 at the most..

A software that would do the softening or bluring..I thought blurring too..And one to do the drawing..?

The reason why I thought Paint was, I don't beleive she would go through that much effort. I think she thought, we would just beleive that and call it a day. However, using Paint would be a bit of a pain..Now that I think of it..

I'm not familiar with Corel..

I know what you mean by anitialized..yes..of course..I see it now..they do stand out on top, instead of being blended into face..
mercedes
VIP

Postby ZeornWarlock » Wed May 09, 2012 3:41 am

Just came for a quickie one and I had to reply to this! ;)

It looks painted on with a tablet, and probably with PS. On the right of the image the paint that goes from the cheek to her nose look out of place. The paint on her forehead also seems to have shadows against the light which also reveal that it's not natural.

ZW.
You have to make some to understand some.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Wed May 09, 2012 7:53 am

ZeornWarlock wrote:Just came for a quickie one and I had to reply to this! ;)

It looks painted on with a tablet, and probably with PS. On the right of the image the paint that goes from the cheek to her nose look out of place. The paint on her forehead also seems to have shadows against the light which also reveal that it's not natural.

ZW.

Thanks ZW..!...I was hoping you might respond as well..! :D Between the 2 of you...that pretty much confirms it for me..:D
mercedes
VIP

Postby miss mira » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:11 pm

Sorry folks, but I work with PS and in my opinion, this is real. It *could* be photoshop'd, anything can be photoshop'd, but I really doubt it. Those lines on her forehead could just be made by starting at her forehead and meeting at her nose, picking up the crayon(?) and doing it again. Plus, the lighting is spot on. To get that right you'd probably have to lower the opacity of the color, but then the yellow would be a lot darker and it's still pretty bright. Also, why would she photoshop an image she was going to put up on Twitter? It looks like a phone pic that's been directly uploaded. But that's just my two cents.
miss mira

Postby miss mira » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:19 pm

By "work with photoshop" I mean that I use photoshop primarily for work as well as for personal use. Photoshop can do a lot, but it has it's limitations too.
miss mira

Return to General Chat