New AM exports coming very soon!

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

New AM exports coming very soon!

Postby time-killer-games » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:10 am

Here are the supported formats:
Windows
Mac OSX
Linux
Html5

This project heavily relies on the ability to load external image and sound files.
Unfortunately because of this all exports were dropped except for the desktop
platforms. I originally expected the creation software I'm making this in to have
the cross platform ability to load external images, only to discover that was not
the case even though the creators of that software promised 100% cross platform
compatibility, which wasn't completely honest.

Now I am completely re-writing this project from scratch in a different software,
ENIGMA, which is open source freeware ( http://www.enigma-dev.org ) and it can
it can export my project to Windows, Mac, and Linux. The HTML5 export I'm writing
In Notepad++.

I'm terribly sorry for the crazy delay plenty of things got in the way of my
progress here.
Last edited by time-killer-games on Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Re: New AM exports coming very soon!

Postby Simon » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:13 am

What do you mean by "export" when you say c++ ? Sounds great anyway, MacOSX is more than welcome !
Simon
Expert Member

Postby Vengeance66 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:15 am

Nice one buddy.

Keep it up! :-)
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby time-killer-games » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:21 pm

Well, I just woke up, I don't have acess to a computer ATM but I will shortly.

Hi Simon, C++ and Delphi are the programming language those particular exports is being written in.

I am using a cross - platform software known as GameMaker:Studio, YoYoGames' latest version of GameMaker.

Using the same exact code base as your AM project folder / game installation folder, all of the setting and resources will be read by each version of the AMRunner I am creating.

Download my progress on the Delphi Runner (It will run exactly the same across the other platforms, but I need to finish it and convert it to those platforms first)

Download from that link, unzip all the contents... Run the file "run-beta.exe". It will read the contents of my test AM project folder, "frosty the snow retard". Notice, the first frame has a timed event, which works perfectly just as it would from the Adventure Maker frame editor. Next frame contains more than one hotspot, due to some struggles I've encountered, only one of those hotspots will be recognized. Only on hotspot is supported in each frame. I will fix this as soon as possible so that you may include as many hotspots as you want in each of your frames.

Finished:
*Show the current frame's picture
*Timed events work
*Hotspots and their destination frames work, but there is an issue with all the hotspots all being generated hotspot#1's x/y/width/height coordinates
*changing the application's process name to the name of the project works (see the task bar and you'll notice it says the right caption)
*Fullscreen works

To do list:
*windowed mode
*fullscreen toggling at runtime menu
*fix the hotspots bug, so all of them will work and at the right coordinates.
*save/load menus.
*custmizable save/load dialogs
*customizable menus
*transitions
*Realtime effects
*game options menu items.
*customizable quit dialog
*custmizable dialogues
*customizable MsgBox
*Customizable Messages
*Runtime Frame merging
*Variables support
*VBScripting Support (this one will take forever to perfect)
*semi plugins support, with built-in panorama and third person support.

Features that will not ever be supported due to incompatabilities:
*All plugins other than Gif sequence player, Panorama, and third person plugin will not ever be supported
*Changing screen resolution will not ever be supported (alternatively, you may scale the game's window so that in fullscreen mode it will cover the entire screen)

Cheers!
TKG
Last edited by time-killer-games on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby Simon » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:32 pm

Hi TKG ! I know that C++ is a programmation language, but what I don't get is the purpose : AM is in visual basic, right ? Does it mean that our games created with AM will be somehow "converted" into C++, and then run faster and be more compatible ? I hope so :) Well, good luck on this project anyway, I'll be looking at it closely.
Simon
Expert Member

Postby time-killer-games » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:42 pm

Yes, it will be converted entirely into c++ and it will run faster, which is great for people like me who'd like to use big resolution animations inside panoramic frames.

PS videos are not supported in any of these versions, due to incompatabilities, however you may still use the gif sequence player and GIFs to do animation in your frames (including panoramas, which GIF isn't supported in AM's VB runner)...

I added hotspot highlighting, which AM can't do by itself.

Forgot to mention sounds will also be supported in the future, but they need to be in MP3/OGG format. Only two channels will be able to play at once, one Chanel for music and the other for sound effects. More channels are compatable, but again this is a rather ambitious project for me, so for now only two channels I plan to enable.

One more very important thing to note:
None of this will when it is out of beta I will make available to people who haven't bought AM (for mobile versions of the runner, people will have to by the AM for commercial use allowed)

I'm gonna try to contact GM-Support and see if we can come to an agreement of how all of this will be officially packaged with the future versions of AM. I really don't want people to abuse the use of these exports, ie use them even though they don't own the full edition.

Am I getting paid to do this?
No. So please donate to me if you ever feel in a good mood! ;)
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby Simon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:26 am

Awesome project !!!

Well, of course I understand you do this for free, and that you deserve a reward for your hard work !
That's the same for everyone working on a good project for free.

But I won't pay you if the program doesn't work with my game :p

And for the moment, I can't use it with ASA... (because ASA has a lot of videos and uses more than 2 audio channels).

Anyway, I still think it is a wonderful idea to convert AM games into C++, and if I don't use it for ASA, then maybe later !
Good luck, and don't give up !
Simon
Expert Member

Postby time-killer-games » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:16 am

Thanks Simon!

If you want support for videos, use a freeware that can extract the audio and images from your videos, and the audio thing was just because I was too lazy to do more than two. But now that I think of it it shouldn't take that long to give full support for AM's max amount of channels (8?) anyway, that souldn't really be a problem either.

If you don't want to waste your time finding a freeware to extract content from your videos, that's fine, I can modify the runner so that it will execute the video's visuals and audio, but setting up like that Thie version of the runner won't work with any game but yours, spefically ASA.

I can make make exceptions and modify a specific version of the runner to whoever requests it, if anyone needs videos to work on your cross platform game, all you guys need to do is send me your compiled project, which of coarse includes the videos that I'll need to convert.

PS vairon and vengeance66 - remember a while back I said I would convert your games to multiple platforms? Well, normally that wouldn't take long at all, but I've been very busy making a runner that works with ALL AM games. instead of just remaking your projects from scratch each seperately, I am making something compatable with all projects, which takes a lot longer, but in the end it will be worth it because once the runner is finished, I'll be able to convert the games you all making in the future, in literally seconds!
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:16 am

I will be anxious to see end products that take advantage of this. It's quite a monumental endevour and kudos to you TKG for taking this on!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Candle » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:30 pm

Being this is not AM running this but game maker I will move this over to chat where all non AM games are talk about.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Simon » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:06 pm

Candle wrote:Being this is not AM running this but game maker I will move this over to chat where all non AM games are talk about.

It is gamemaker, but for AM, so I don't see the problem ?
Simon
Expert Member

Postby time-killer-games » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:22 pm

Wonderful News! All the features that are available in AM's built-in HTML export are now 100% supported in my version of the AM runner. All games compiled to web apps for iPhone, iPodTouch, and PSP (using AM's built-in exports) can now be converted to C++, Delphi, Mac, and all the other available platforms with my runner.

Anyone want their game for HTML, iPodTouch, etc to be converted to iOS and other OS native formats you now can! Here is the requirements:

Comile your game to a windows exe installer, then send me your exe. Tell me the format(s) you need and I'll convert it for free!

Note: if you want to publish to mobile devices or desktop AppStores, Your game will only be successfully converted if the AppStore accepts the submition, which may or may not happen depending on whether Google Play, Apple, etc think your game is good enough quality to put on their store (even if it is a free app!)

Anyone who wants their game converted for free and not submitted to any AppStore, only desktop games and HTML5 games are completely garenteed to convert successfully.

For people who want to sell your game, you won't recieve full profit from the AppStore, even then some of the profits won't go to you, some of the profits are also going to the people who I am working with to submit your app. None of the money is going to me, but I can't speak for the people I'm working with, as they may or might not want to be payed.

Submitting to AppStores is a very complicated process, but if you want any specific info as to how I'm doing this, or who is working with me, send me a pm and I'll tell you in great detail. Or email me at time-killer-games@cox.net
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby matthornb » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:04 pm

This is really intriguing.

Is there any more news on this lately? It's summer 2013 and months have passed since the last update in this thread.

I have a couple adventure-game projects I had considered making with other toolsets but if it's going to be possible to output AM content - panoramas, scripts, and all - to all these platforms I may have to give AM serious consideration again.

[EDIT: Thank you time-killer-games for updating the information in this thread and replying to my PMs. I'm trying to make games, and I'm a decent artist, but unfortunately a mediocre programmer. That's why I've gravitated towards options such as Gamesalad, Construct 2, and Adventure Maker. AM in particular was one of the first game-creation apps I ever learned to use, but the fact that it could only output to Windows was increasingly limiting, especially after 2008-2009 when mobile gaming began to take off.
HTML5 looked more and more appealing, but AM, sadly, seemed fairly stagnant. Now that I'm looking at your most recent PM, it seems that some of the features I'd hoped you'd support aren't supported at this point and may never be.

Now I'm hearing that you really are working on a way to make AM a cross-platform game development toolset, and that is awesome, but it seems that your work on this has a few limitations. Have you discussed this effort with GM-Support? Perhaps you could collaborate with the official AM developer in creating a new form of AM (AM 5?) that can be used to export to all the format's you've listed? It might be best if you two coordinated your efforts a bit to make development more efficient.

I'd indicated that I planned to switch some major projects (i.e. Isola http://www.isolaiphone.com/) over to AM but looking at the current state of AM and the limitations of your cross-platform export at present time as described in your most recent PM, I may not do that just yet.

I think I'll wait and see how things develop.

So anyway, this is great news I'm hearing from you, tkg. Very promising, and I'm encouraged by what you are doing, but... I'll wait and see how things go before commiting any more major projects to AM. [end of EDIT]
matthornb

Postby time-killer-games » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi I've tried emailing GM-Support and if I remember right I also tried PMing him. Sadly, he never replied which I am still hoping for a reply because he can really help out with the AM compatibility issues. If he never replies it will require much more work for me in the long run.

@GM-Support- I don't expect to be paid anyzthing so helping me is in your best interest. Hope you read and reply. to this, more people will want to buy AM if these exports are added officially to AM then AM just might restore the popularity it once had.
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Return to General Chat