Annoying things in adventure games

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Annoying things in adventure games

Postby Gumbro » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:10 pm

Help me list the things that are annoying for a player in point and click adventure games. I have so far:

Pixel hunting
Timed Puzzles
Mazes
No savegame possible
Death without warning

The reason I'm asking is that my next game is going to consist mainly of these things :)
Gumbro

Re: Annoying things in adventure games

Postby ShadowHunter » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:30 pm

Good topic:

1. Poor navigation
2. A doing errands game... do I hate that in an adventure game (if you get me a blue berry I will give you a magical candle)
2. Reading too much text, 2013 = full narrated
3. Weird symbols in puzzles that make no sense at all
4. The enviroment: "You are the only survivor... You are on an abandoned planet"
5. In gerneral first person games (but thats is propably just me)

A lot more to come I guess :twisted:
ShadowHunter
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby domozo » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:10 am

Hi Gumbro...
Hi ShadowHunter...
Hi every one...
I added this issues :
1- the very difficult puzzles...or a puzzle depends on general culture or has no clear clue in the game....
2- a very long time to move between the farthest tow points in the game world..( no alternate or brief paths...)
3- bad scenario or ordinary story...
really I am talking about what I think....maybe I don't share this with others...

good luck and best regards....
domozo
Advanced Member

Postby time-killer-games » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:44 am

1) when I click on an object, no matter how obvious what I clicked is supposed to be, the obvious is stated. I.e. I clicked a big fat rock, and a message appears saying something stupid like "this is a rock". No kidding?

2) I can't re visit areas that I've already completed all the puzzles there in.

3) Terrible English grammar, spelling, and punctuation in a game made by someone who Lives in a country that has English as their first language, I. E. America, the UK, etc

4) Games that use "texting langue" in message popups and dialogs, I. E. LOL, OMG, WTF, WTH, FTW, :), :D

5) Games that use "geek language" such as Troll, Ninja'd, N00b, Pwnr, Flame wars, spammer, etc I think I made my point.

That's pretty much it I have more but they'd probably come a cross as too insulting for some of the members here plus I don't want to hurt feelings or stir up pointless trouble.
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Return to General Chat