Textures....

This forum is meant for discussing how to create pictures, sounds, and videos. You can also post technical questions about how to use a particular program (Poser, Lightwave, etc.).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Textures....

Postby Harvester » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:26 pm

I am a very-very beginner in 3d modelling, so i can't understand some things. Here is the one I really need to know but I can't figure out...

Can anybody tell me a very basic thing: HOW CAN I PUT A TEXTURE ON A MODEL??? This is the only thing I can't understand. Let's say I have a BMP image (let's say it's wood) and a simple cube. And I want to put this image on to the cube's side.
I guess it works almost in the same way at each 3d modellers... if I'm not right, I tell you I have Lightwave 8.5, and if it is really neccessery I can get 3d studion max 7...
Could anybody advise a tutorial or write one himself? Just because I can't find any tutorials to do this very basic thing...
Harvester
Forum Master

3d Studio

Postby BBP_BigBadPeanut » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:29 pm

Do you have 3D Studio Max 7 Because if so there should already be a tutorial of how to put a texture on a model :D as I also own this Amazing program I would like to help alot more but Im am too busy with my new game Stranded (Dreamerz Graphics) But if you havent just check the Net you should find something there :wink: Good Luck bbp_bigbadpeanut
BBP_BigBadPeanut
Frequent Poster

Return to How to make pictures, sounds, and videos