3d modelling help needed

This forum is meant for discussing how to create pictures, sounds, and videos. You can also post technical questions about how to use a particular program (Poser, Lightwave, etc.).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

3d modelling help needed

Postby Harvester » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:16 pm

Hi,

I am a beginer 3d modeller. I use Lightwave, but I guess this thing almost works in the same way at every programs. So here is this casette recorder. As you see there are some lines in the model which are not needed and wasn't drawn by me. So how can I destroy them and why are they there???

Another -or the same- problem you can see on the rendered picture. The sides should be plane, but on the upper part you see that bug...
Attachments
hiba1.JPG
hiba1.JPG (25.05 KiB) Viewed 3917 times
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Meshag » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:49 pm

Hi Harvester,

I'm new in 3d modeling, and i often have this kind of problem... As i can undestand, it's a problem of subdivision. When i started modeling, i tried to have the minimum count of polygons, so i used large polygons. But it seems better to use regular subdivisions.

I'm not sure it's the solution, and as i said before, i'm new in modeling, but perhaps it can help... I'd be glad to hear a skilled modeler answer that.

Romain

:D
Meshag

Postby okii » Wed May 03, 2006 5:40 am

the problem lies on the texture...

once you texture it with your texture or the max default texture with "two sided" option turned on it will be no problem at all!

is it any help? :wink:
" the best adventure game ever will rise! "
okii

Return to How to make pictures, sounds, and videos