3d studio max

This forum is meant for discussing how to create pictures, sounds, and videos. You can also post technical questions about how to use a particular program (Poser, Lightwave, etc.).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

3d studio max

Postby Harvester » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:42 pm

Hi,
I need help again in 3d modelling. I used Lightwave before and I found it quite easy, but because I couldn't find a panorama plugin to it, I need to use 3d studio max. However it doesn't really seem to support lightwave formats :? So I would like to ask anybody who is uses/used 3d studio max to tell me: how can I put a texture on a 3d model? I know it is written in the help file and in tutorials, but I can't understand it :?
Harvester
Forum Master

A LITTLE HELP 4U

Postby okii » Wed May 03, 2006 4:53 am

hello harvester...

i you want to put texture in your model..

:arrow: in the viewport mode, press M and then a material editor will show up..

:arrow: in the material ed coose 1 material and look for a small button near the diffuse color, press it

:arrow: select bitmap and find your texture in your PC - OKay...
:idea:
:arrow: assign the new textured material to your model! see? easy eh?

if you find this tute awkward, or you want more explanations you can PM me! i hope this help! :D
" the best adventure game ever will rise! "
okii

I hope

Postby Harvester » Wed May 03, 2006 3:11 pm

Thanks, I hope I can do it now, I'll try it out :) Another question: is it possible to create a skin with 3dsmax? I mean I put diferent textures on a model, and then i want them to be in one skin, which could be used by other programs.
Harvester
Forum Master

HI

Postby BBP_BigBadPeanut » Wed May 03, 2006 6:58 pm

Hi Harvester I believe that a program called Bodypaint 3D Could help you there as someone in the game we are making is using this program and it sounds suitable for your needs (P.S I am not very sure whether you can create skin in 3DsMax Maybe a Okii could answer this question hehe :D hope this is what you might be looking for maybe it isnt but still A very good program for texturing skins and masking onto models ect & works with 3DS. good luck bbp_bigbadpeanut
BBP_BigBadPeanut
Frequent Poster

Postby okii » Thu May 04, 2006 8:25 am

sure! you can create skin... but the process will be quite difficult... alot of explaining to do...

maybe i'll help you step by step...

just tell the problem one at a time when you try to create your skin texture...
OKAY?

i hope it'll help! :wink:
" the best adventure game ever will rise! "
okii

Return to How to make pictures, sounds, and videos