Icon design issue

This forum is meant for discussing how to create pictures, sounds, and videos. You can also post technical questions about how to use a particular program (Poser, Lightwave, etc.).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Icon design issue

Postby venturerealms » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:12 am

Hello,

I purchased "easy icon maker"... I design an icon in 48*48 - true color 24 bit...

But when I add the item into Adventuremaker it will not show-up using this method... (When the hot spot is clicked add an item to inventory...)

I'm saving the icon as an ICO extension...

Anyone have any ideas why it will not show-up in adeventure maker???

I have used the easy icon to make icons for xp and no issues... Do I need to make an icon in a certain size or bit rate??? I tried 32*32 no good...

, Also "sometimes" in "Easy Icon Maker" I import a BMP and modify the graphic and save it as an ico file... Which Easy ICON supports... But I recieve an error in adventuremaker... (In attachement) Does this mean Adventuremaker does not support graphics modified then saved as an ICO in a icon maker software???

ANY IDEAS???
Attachments
error.jpg
error.jpg (89.28 KiB) Viewed 9495 times
venturerealms.com
venturerealms

Postby Mystery » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:19 am

Hi venturerealms, welcome to the forum :)

Hmmm, it's difficult to judge what went wrong.
Would it be possible to upload here one of the .ico files that doesn't work, or send it to me as attachment?
Then I could check it and see if it works for me, or what happens if I use another software to save it as .ico.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Candle » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:41 am

I just downloaded the program and made a 48x48 ico and it works fine for me. must be something your doing wrong.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby venturerealms » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:53 am

Mystery wrote:Hi venturerealms, welcome to the forum :)
Hmmm, it's difficult to judge what went wrong.
Would it be possible to upload here one of the .ico files that doesn't work, or send it to me as attachment?
Then I could check it and see if it works for me, or what happens if I use another software to save it as .ico.

Thanks! I'll try some other software.. if not I'll send you some of the files... :D

Candle wrote:I just downloaded the program and made a 48x48 ico and it works fine for me. must be something your doing wrong.

Did you "import a BMP graphic and modify the graphic and save it as an ico file???

(If you did what format??? example: 48*48 by True Color 24 bit...)

Thanks! :lol:
venturerealms.com
venturerealms

Postby Candle » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:20 am

no , i just made one real fast.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby venturerealms » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:54 am

Hey guys,

I figured this out... I hope this will help out others having this issue... If any of you are using the program "Easy Icon Maker"... Do this when you import a graphic to touch-up and save as an ICO file...

It's simple...

After you import the graphic, and retouch what you like, before you save it, delete the graphic layer you imported... That's it... It's that simple... I racked my brains for 2 weeks... This program saves the layer, and it will mess up the ICO...

If any of you need any help with this program: "Easy Icon Maker" ... PM me... I'll be gald to help out with what I do know now... :D
venturerealms.com
venturerealms

Postby GM-Support » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:13 pm

Thanks a lot for the information.
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby pennsteve » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:27 pm

Anyone know where I can get free room pictures/drawings to use in games? I am not very good at drawing rooms and furniture.

Thanks!
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:20 pm

http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3727

You could try there..Candle has a post as well that has a lot of freeware to make games with..~ check out the whole thread there are a few places on it..:)

http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1262

Other than That i use paint..gimp..there is Google Sketch up..It has a good Tutorial that comes in thesoftware itself and has a vast library of furniture you can inbed in your projects....:)

Peace~
mercedes
VIP

Postby pennsteve » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:50 am

mercedes wrote:http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3727

You could try there..Candle has a post as well that has a lot of freeware to make games with..~ check out the whole thread there are a few places on it..:)

http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1262

Other than That i use paint..gimp..there is Google Sketch up..It has a good Tutorial that comes in thesoftware itself and has a vast library of furniture you can inbed in your projects....:)

Peace~

I tried sketchup and something happened. The second time I used it, the boxes would all be transparent instead of solid.......also when I tried to add a door, it was from a side view and I couldnt get it to straighten up as if you were looking at it from the front. I uninstalled it and deleted the program.
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:58 am

I guess its a preference..i don't like it either myself..It wouldn't do what i wanted it to do either..Also i didn't like the Architect feel to it..But some ppl love it and use it well..I like aps you can learn fast..I'm learning how to use Gimp myself now.and its hard as well..ugh..But i have done a few things with it now..:D..

Up to you..There is also Photoshop..PaintPro..I believe these are all aps you can draw with..I myself love Paint..LoL..its easier to start with and easy to learn..And you would be amazed at what you can do with it..:lol:

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Return to How to make pictures, sounds, and videos