Video Editor

This forum is meant for discussing how to create pictures, sounds, and videos. You can also post technical questions about how to use a particular program (Poser, Lightwave, etc.).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Video Editor

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:13 am

Does anyone know a good video editor for special effects (I mostly want to use the green wall technology)

I 've heared of Adobe After Effects but must be difficult to use...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Jaked » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:14 pm

FXHOME- Expensive but it does the job Great!
Sony Vegas 8- You'll need a little more experience.
After Effects- So simple, a 15 yearold can do it!

I suppose this has something to do with a game cutscene??? :wink:
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:28 pm

Not really, I just love screenplay direction.

Well yes, I 'm preparing something, but I have no green-wall studios... :P

PS: I am 16 y.o. so, yeah A.E. will do
Thanks.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

VirtualDubMod

Postby jfcwilson » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:31 pm

I think VirtualDubMod(free and open source) can do it, but I could be mistaken. If the filter you're looking for isen't there, you can look on the web-there must be thousands of them.
jfcwilson

Postby adventurer of adventure » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:27 am

hi! you can't go wrong with sony vegas I use it myself:)
adventurer of adventure

Postby reneuend » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:13 am

I just bought Sony Vegas and I don't believe it has an export for Flash. My one big gripe! It takes awhile to learn how to use it, but it is fairly powerful.

There is a local marketing firm that uses Adobe After Effects. It must be pretty good but I don't know anything about it. I looked into Adobe Premier but my old P4 couldn't handle it that well! :(
---

reneuend
Administrator

Green Screen Without Wallls / Video Editors w/greenscreen FX

Postby 3dgamer » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:42 am

Hi Lyberodoggy,

Lyberodoggy wrote:Not really, I just love screenplay direction.

Well yes, I 'm preparing something, but I have no green-wall studios... :P

You don't need green walls...just a green tarp! ;) That is the economy green screen of choice these days. VFX folk are using it a lot now for portable green screens and they look just as good as painted walls like you see in a studio.

Here is a very extensive YouTube video on this subject; it also has some great tips about green screen, in general.

Where to Buy Cheap & Make Awesome Green Screen - Chroma key - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK0Yqd5M9UQ&feature=related (10:23)

Lyberodoggy wrote:PS: I am 16 y.o. so, yeah A.E. will do
Thanks.

I use After Effects and it works great but if you are trying to go more econo [aren't we all! ;)], probably a free vfx video editor app. like t@b ZS4 Video Editor for win32 may be the way to go: http://www.zs4.net/. It boasts 150 special effects, including greenscreen.

There is also Jahshaka - http://jahshaka.org/gallery/p17_sectionid/2. It is free and they are still developing it and trying to improve it so a bit of patience is needed, but people have used it. It also has several types of special effects including a keyer.

Adobe Premiere Elements
can also do green screen but then you have to fork over some coins. Trying the free stuff first is always the best. ;)

Well, hope that helps.

Cya! :)

[Btw - Other Green Screen Sources: Green (smooth) blanket, green construction paper, green butcher paper, green (smooth) fabric, green spray paint and anything flat that you can spray it on ;), etc...]
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:53 am

Thanks for the tips.
Of course I can't afford an Adobe program, but I 've got a friend, who bought it and we worked some vids there. Well, a green sheet that I have didn't quite do the trick. I had another one that was blue and was much easier to key out.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby 3dgamer » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:37 pm

Lyberodoggy wrote:Thanks for the tips.
Of course I can't afford an Adobe program, but I 've got a friend, who bought it and we worked some vids there. Well, a green sheet that I have didn't quite do the trick. I had another one that was blue and was much easier to key out.

Blue tarp also works well for portable blue screen wall. ;)

But yeah, Adobe gets you coming and going. :( I think I will check out the free vfx video editor app. "t@b ZS4 Video Editor for win32" because even though I have Adobe products, I like using open source and freeware because they tend not to hog memory and other resources so much. Also, I would have an alternate app. if Adobe upgrading gets too unmanageable, price-wise (and it is definitely getting there).

Cya
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:57 pm

3dgamer wrote:
Lyberodoggy wrote:Thanks for the tips.

Blue tarp also works well for portable blue screen wall. ;)

But yeah, Adobe gets you coming and going. :( I think I will check out the free vfx video editor app. "t@b ZS4 Video Editor for win32" because even though I have Adobe products, I like using open source and freeware because they tend not to hog memory and other resources so much. Also, I would have an alternate app. if Adobe upgrading gets too unmanageable, price-wise (and it is definitely getting there).

Cya

Hehe yep, buying adobe products means instantly a big amount of money for the program itself and a huge amount of money in order to upgrade the computer to run the program :P
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby 3dgamer » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:29 am

Lyberodoggy wrote:Hehe yep, buying adobe products means instantly a big amount of money for the program itself and a huge amount of money in order to upgrade the computer to run the program :P

-Hehe...tell me about it. The only time a person does upgrade their computer is when they purchase an Adobe product! :lol:
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby Lyberodoggy » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:04 pm

Or Crysis (the game) :P
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Return to How to make pictures, sounds, and videos