General Question about Flash

This forum is meant for discussing how to create pictures, sounds, and videos. You can also post technical questions about how to use a particular program (Poser, Lightwave, etc.).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

General Question about Flash

Postby mercedes » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:03 am

Hi there..:)

I hope this isn't posted anywhere yet..:oops:
If you download a video of flash..like an animation of say Fish swimming in a bowl..Can u modify it at all..? Do u have to have Flash to modify it...like the software...
An example would be..say you wanted to color the fish..as opposed to the color they are..I have noticed some of the animations or movies..are nice..but they don't fit in the game u are making..Like the graphics are different..How would someone go about changing them or making them fit in your game..sorry if this is a dumb question..:? Or would u simply go with out and look till u find something that fits..

Thanks!~
mercedes
VIP

Postby Mystery » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:17 am

From Wikipedia:

.swf files are completed, compiled and published files that cannot be edited. However, many '.swf decompilers' do exist. Attempting to import .swf files using Flash allows it to retrieve some assets from the .swf, but not all.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby mercedes » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:29 am

I have another question..possibly dumb..:oops:
You know when u play the games online..or whatever[Flash ones]..There is always the one kind that loads quickly..even for dial up users..Its not a movie...more of an animation..
I know the movies are animations too..But you can tell by right clicking the screen which is which..One way of rightclicking will give u only AboutFlash..and Settings.The other will give u..a menu of-- FF--Rewind---Play---These are the ones I want..I see different ext.'s SWF..FLA.
Do you happen to know which one is which..which are the quick loading flash animations?--Does this make any sense..:? Also if AM plays all ext.'s assuming this question makes sense..:P

Thanks!~
mercedes
VIP

Postby Mystery » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:31 am

I think what is shown when you right click, might be a question of settings that the author has used for compiling the .swf file.

.fla files contain source material for the Flash application. Flash authoring software can edit FLA files and compile them into .swf files.
Mystery

Postby mercedes » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:51 am

I just thought of it.lol..its the player..That is the flash plugin player..that has all of the options--..:P~

By the way..I have Authorware_Web_Player_Plugin.
.Do u know if this is useful of have u ever heard of it..I downloaded it a looong time ago and have never used it..It was by accident.. ..I was looking for a fix for flash player..[Thats when i went to flash 8]

Is it ok to download .fla then..for AM..or only swf..?

In the mean time I will check out the thread you started..It may answer all of these questions no doubt...:P

Peace~
mercedes
VIP

Postby Mystery » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:24 pm

Authorware Flash Player is not well known, it's similar to the Flash Player. To my knowledge it is needed to play flash content that has been created with Adobe Authorware software.

.fla is the source code, to be able to play it, you need the compiled .swf file. If you mean to download the .fla file to make changes in it, maybe it's better to download it. But then you need a software in which you can import it, and make changes, and then compile it to .swf.
I haven't done this before, so I can't tell more.
Mystery

Return to How to make pictures, sounds, and videos