Light Effects Plugin..

This forum is meant for discussing how to create pictures, sounds, and videos. You can also post technical questions about how to use a particular program (Poser, Lightwave, etc.).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Light Effects Plugin..

Postby mercedes » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:00 pm

HI there... me again..:P

I wanted to ask, the LightPlugin...how can I modify this to suit my needs, is it just a matter of changing the mask, cause I tried that, and it doesn't work really..I tried to make it bluish..and it looked, strange..

Also how can i configure it to look like a flashlight, like in the demo that is here..I think its' Binhonto's Demo..

Is there much more u can do with that plugin..I was thinking also of like a Magnifying lens like..

Any ideas on how i can use this and make it a flash light..or make it a blue light..Or a Magnifying scope lens with a light..?..

Peace, and Thanks..
mercedes
VIP

Postby Candle » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:01 pm

From the readme.

============
INSTALLATION
============
Just copy the .ocx and .pl1 files into the Adventure Maker Plugin folder.

===========
LIMITATIONS
===========
Currently it will not support animated hotspots. (Transparent hotspots and image hotspots are supported.)

========
SETTINGS
========
--Darkness--: Controls the darkening of your original frame

--Displacement--: Controls the amount of fake-3D distortion of the light spot.

--Luminosity--: Use if you can't get your mask looking the way you want. Adds luminosity to the light spot for any value above 100. If the value is less than 100 the light will diminish. This can be used with a VB script or variables to simulate the batteries running down and things like that.

--Mask Filename--: If you make your own mask, load the appropriate file. Otherwise the software will use the default mask image.

--Mask Size--: Currently not implemented.

If you want to make your own mask, look at the included "SampleMask.jpg" file to see how it is done. It is simply a color image where brighter areas will cast more light. Make it the size you want and use the colors you want.

Enjoy!
Attachments
light_mask.zip
Green mask
(288 KiB) Downloaded 363 times
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:18 pm

Hi ,

Thanks Candle..I haven't looked at it yet..but have downloaded it...When they say change the mask..Is this where I would make the handle for flashlight as well or whatever i was using.whether it be a scope or whatever..

I"m curious if its a flashlight handle i draw..then the mask at the end of that..Basically draw the actual flashlight with a light..?

I would have never imagined variables working with it though..:?..I guess what they mean by that is that u would use the variables with a count down maybe..so that when the count goes down..the light goes away..so it might be Light+1 or Light-1 variable..but this would mean u would have to click it..Must be another way like a global count down or something...

Any input would be appreciated :D

Many Thanks for Response
Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby Candle » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:48 pm

I would add it in the frame properties in the advance tab the count down.
And reset it if the pick up some battery's.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Return to How to make pictures, sounds, and videos