Media Player Object

This forum is meant for discussing how to create pictures, sounds, and videos. You can also post technical questions about how to use a particular program (Poser, Lightwave, etc.).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Media Player Object

Postby mercedes » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:18 pm

Hi there...I know that AM supports Media Player object..But what would I use this for..?

I"m also looking for ideas on how to make videos, and flash files..and what i could use this object for..

I have seen Media player used once in AM..but wasn't able to view it properly..therefore i didnt see its capabilities and what I could use it for..It appeared like a "player"..

Any ideas on how I could use this..where in a game I could use one..I'm assuming it's only used for sound..?

I would appreciate any ideas on how to implement this in a game..and can it appear any way..with any skin..and any size..?

But I can't think of why I would use this..but would love ideas on how ..

Again sorry if these are stupid questions..:oops:

Many Thanks..!!~
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:08 pm

Whenever you play a video or sound through AM, a mediaplayer object is loaded and used.

The best way to use these objects is to modify the playsound/playvideo code you will find in AM Help Guide to fit your needs.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Ya..cause you can actually load the player in there..but i gather it's only for sound...I want to load it like u would a textbox..Which is what i think u would do to get the player in there..for my game..;) I was hoping i could use it for other than sound also..

I take it no one uses flash much here..:(..
Ok well thanks..for response..
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:52 pm

You mean you need to actually see the player? because then you could just create buttons to stop the sound or turn the volume up etc
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:53 am

yes Exactly..I need to see the Player..:)...I thought i could play around with skins for it....and make it look good in my game..as a voice recognition..know what i mean..? Only not exactly sure of the code and not sure how to get the right skin for it...:(--the code i could play with..but skins...not sure..I guess it might take on the same skin as what i'm currently using..? on my pc..

Also i want it to look like its on a wall..but not one that is straight across...is this possible..like not perfectly square...on the side wall more or less..

Is it possible to create a textbox or other boxobject...that is not pefectly square or rectangle..? sort of give it like a 3d appearance i guess if it we;re on the side wall..like angle it so its looks good with Perspective point..remember Z's tutorial..with the door lets say..
mercedes
VIP

Postby juhuwoorps » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:44 am

I think it's not possible to make a hotspot or a textobject that isn't a rectangle.
The question is, do you want to play a movie or just pics?
If there are just pics, you can use the gifplayer I made.
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:51 pm

You could use the openfile command to open the real media player...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:01 pm

Well the Gif player u modified....it starts after clicking the hotspot..which is perfect for pictures..to show an animation of pictures--It eliminates needing flash or a Video...--which is fantastic!~..:D..[Not alot use the plugin for flash]..so i'm not sure how it will look in there..

with the media player object..

I need the media player for the object itself..i want to see one there..small one..and have it play sound..with a sound looking picture..--Visualization..

You could use the openfile command to open the real media player.

Actually i want it to be on the wall already..not something that has to be loaded...:(

.I'll keep trying to test it, I was hoping u might have the right code..to avoid errors..:P..I wouldn't think it would be any different then loading an object...only i'm hoping I can load it and it look like the skin i'm currently useing..I guess...not sure how to modify the skin in AM for it.

If not..then i'm going to have to go with an animated GIF i supposed..Only it won't be interactive..:(

By the way Juhuwoorps...Is it possible to interact with the GIF player u modified..? Just wondering..:D

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby juhuwoorps » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:09 pm

What do mean with interact? Start and stop the animation?
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby mercedes » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:16 pm

I mean put code into the Advance...as it stood..u couldn't do that with animated gifs...it would react really crazy..if not at all..

Can code be put in there..? I see u sent me code to stop animation to put in the advance of hotspot ..with animation...if that works...Thats amazing..:) Normally you can't use animations with Code ...

In other words..say i wanted to load another picture in the same hotspot...that normally doen's t work..or a select case of them..whichever..
mercedes
VIP

Return to How to make pictures, sounds, and videos