A Computer with a Vue

This forum is meant for discussing how to create pictures, sounds, and videos. You can also post technical questions about how to use a particular program (Poser, Lightwave, etc.).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

A Computer with a Vue

Postby Zenoc2 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:03 pm

For those of you who tend to want 3D pre-rendered graphics for your games, I have some great news: e-on software has made Vue 7 Pioneer absolutely free! This is great if you have outgrown the limitations of simple 3D programs like SketchUp and want to take your artwork to the next level. (End of non-paid advertisement :P ) I'm about to download it myself. You can find it here.

EDIT: Scratch that. This thing is not really free. Check out this line from their website: "Vue 7 Pioneer renders carry a logo and are not fit for commercial use. These limitations can be lifted with optional modules." In other words, you still have to pay for it. On the bright side, it does look a good bit cheaper than other professional programs.
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby ZeornWarlock » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:16 pm

Zenoc,

If you want a good 3D render software for free, check DAZ Studio. It's a really good one. It can read many 3D formats too.

http://www.daz3d.com/i/software/studio?_m=d

The only thing it cannot do is rigging like poser and it does not have a sky generator like Bryce and Vue. However, the later is easy to get away with if you use sky photos and or a 3D sky dome. (Which can be found for free at Runtime DNA)

ZW.
You have to make some to understand some.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby Zenoc2 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:39 pm

But DAZ only does people, doesn't it?
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby ZeornWarlock » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:56 am

Zenoc2 wrote:But DAZ only does people, doesn't it?

DAZ can render any characters, landscapes, trees and so on... However, it cannot generate terrains. (Simply put you cannot model with it.) That being said, you can find many free terrain models at places like renderosity, content paradise and so on... On top of that if you make your own models and if you are able to export your models in wavefront obj. format, (Daz can read many other model files too!) the sky is the limit as Daz Studio is quite powerful for rendering and in some cases, it's even better than poser.

ZW.
You have to make some to understand some.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Return to How to make pictures, sounds, and videos