3D Animation As Line Art-2D Animation...

This forum is meant for discussing how to create pictures, sounds, and videos. You can also post technical questions about how to use a particular program (Poser, Lightwave, etc.).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

3D Animation As Line Art-2D Animation...

Postby 3dgamer » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:17 am

I'm just posting some small XVID video clips of some 3D animation that I rendered as line art and colored art animation. Basically the techniques is that of going from 3D to 2D. It simply demonstrates that 3D apps can be used to create 2D line art and they can create them faster, depending on what the animation is.

Ask questions, if you'd like.

Enjoy :)

-------LATER-------------

Rats...I can't add attachments. Message says: "Sorry, but the maximum filesize for all Attachments is reached. Please contact the Board Administrator if you have questions." -

Admin folk, please help. :`(

------------LATER----------

Okay, I uploaded them to Rapishare so you can download them there.

Rapidshare Downloads:

pawn 3D-to-2D animation (bw) - http://rapidshare.com/files/216358825/pawn_xvid_bw_001.avi.html

pawn 3D-to-2D animation (color) - http://rapidshare.com/files/216359127/pawn_xvid_color_002.avi.html

Cya! :)
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby juhuwoorps » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:36 am

Awesome!
How do you create such things?
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby reneuend » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:43 am

nice work on the animation. The bounces looked realistic.
Now just add shadows! :wink:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby 3dgamer » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:42 am

juhuwoorps wrote:Awesome!
How do you create such things?

Thanks, Juhu. I use a 3D app. which has what is called a physics engine whoich simulates physics as it is in the real world. That creates the bounce. It's not working as well as it should (needs some bugs shaken out of it) so it took me a little longer to generate but usually something like this in a physics engine just takes minutes to do. Then I turn on a "line art" type tenderer and render it as a line art. You can renderer it with the regular realistic style renderer and then turnit into line art in a post app like After Effects, but doing it in the initial 3D app. sometimes yields better results.

reneuend wrote:nice work on the animation. The bounces looked realistic.
Now just add shadows! :wink:

Thanks., reneuend. Shadows... -hehe :) Yeah, I left them off on purpose because this was also a follow up to a PM I sent to Mercedes and I wanted to get it posted, asap. So I was rushing and nixed the shadows because they take a wee bit more time to render. :) I'll try to remember the shadows next time, though...just for you, reneuend. ;)

Cya!
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:08 pm

To 3D:
Nice work there :wink:

To reneuend and rest of the Free Thinkers: this is what I meant when saying I would like a 2.5D aspect...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Imari » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:23 am

Those were fun. Thanks for posting them. :D
Imari
VIP

Postby Zenoc2 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:52 pm

I'll download them as soon as I get home from Spring Vacation (probably the beginning of next week). But don't let me forget, Lyberodoggy! This sounds like something we may indeed want to use.
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:23 pm

Zenoc2 wrote:I'll download them as soon as I get home from Spring Vacation (probably the beginning of next week). But don't let me forget, Lyberodoggy! This sounds like something we may indeed want to use.

OK :wink:
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Return to How to make pictures, sounds, and videos