Key-Ano - The Interactive Way to Create Sound

This forum is meant for discussing how to create pictures, sounds, and videos. You can also post technical questions about how to use a particular program (Poser, Lightwave, etc.).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Key-Ano - The Interactive Way to Create Sound

Postby cpkspikyhair » Mon May 25, 2009 3:33 pm

I have built a simple Flash file called Key-Ano (rhymes with piano) in which you press the keys on the keyboard and each key corresponds to a particular note on a piano. Here is the link:

http://www.freewebs.com/psppcgamemaker/Key-Ano.swf

I believe that in conjunction with audio recording software (like the free Audacity) this could be a good way to create sounds and music. However, it is still in the beta stage, as you can only go from low C to high B in one octave. I will soon create all the octaves, but I haven't had the time.

Here is the map for the keys on the QWERTY computer keyboard:

Z - C
W - C#
X - D
E - D#
C - E
V - F
T - F#
B - G
Y - G#
N - A
U - A#
M - B

Ok, there you go. Just click into the empty window on the flash file (yes I didn't bother putting a background on the file, so it is just a white screen, but it does work) and press the keys corresponding to each note. On some keyboards, all possible chords can be played. However, on many other types of keyboards, the hardware of the keyboard restricts some chords or other combinations of notes from being played (ex. G+A+B). So if some chords don't work, I'm sorry, but it is not a programming issue on my part.

Thank you for trying out my file!

EDIT: Ok, is there some programming restricting the ability to look at other files from this forum?

You must first download the file (Right click, Save Target As...) and then open it in Flash player.

Or, just visit my online games / Flash page at:

http://www.freewebs.com/psppcgamemaker/flash.htm
Last edited by cpkspikyhair on Mon May 25, 2009 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSPPC GameMaker!! Where you can find PSP and PC games up for download!
cpkspikyhair
Games Page Administrator

Postby Mystery » Mon May 25, 2009 6:36 pm

I get a blank page with FF and Flash Player 10.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby cpkspikyhair » Mon May 25, 2009 6:39 pm

I said that will happen. You press the keys on your computer keyboard and piano sounds come out of the speakers. There is no visual image.
PSPPC GameMaker!! Where you can find PSP and PC games up for download!
cpkspikyhair
Games Page Administrator

Postby Mystery » Mon May 25, 2009 6:45 pm

Ah okay :lol:
Yep, works :D
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Return to How to make pictures, sounds, and videos