Ogg Theora: How to Work with AM?

This forum is meant for discussing how to create pictures, sounds, and videos. You can also post technical questions about how to use a particular program (Poser, Lightwave, etc.).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Ogg Theora: How to Work with AM?

Postby jfcwilson » Tue May 26, 2009 4:58 pm

Does ogg theora work with AM? I posted a tutorial a while ago on this, but I tried the techniqe on other computers and it didn't work.
I did a search and found a post in the suggestion thread saying: Automated support for ogg theora.
What does this mean, exactly? Is there a way to get Theora to work in AM non-"automaticly" or what?

Thanks,
James
jfcwilson

Postby Mystery » Tue May 26, 2009 11:58 pm

Hi James,

All the discussions about working and not working .ogg files (sound and video) have raised my interest.
Do you still have a small sample video available that you have converted according to your tutorial? If so, would it be possible to send me such a file by email? I'd like to try it out on my computer :)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

PM

Postby jfcwilson » Wed May 27, 2009 8:08 pm

PM me your E-mail and I can probably do that; the weird thing is that it appears to not be compressed with theora at all; to get the filesize down I have to compress it with another codec, such as Xvid. All that makes it diffrent from the AVI file I made it appear to be is that it can play back Vorbis audio.
jfcwilson

Postby Mystery » Wed May 27, 2009 10:36 pm

Just click email under my signature or in my profile :)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Return to How to make pictures, sounds, and videos