free program to animate people and scenes

This forum is meant for discussing how to create pictures, sounds, and videos. You can also post technical questions about how to use a particular program (Poser, Lightwave, etc.).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

free program to animate people and scenes

Postby bg38 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:29 pm

I like using Moviestorm a lot, to make machinima style movies.

It comes with several stock actors, props and sets, tho you can build your own props and textures using sketch up or blender, and import them for use in your films.

additional sets, animations and characters are available for purchase on their site, but are not needed to enjoy the software

It comes with lip syncing, set editing area, actor 'dressing room' where you customize your actors to an extent, and even comes with a rendering system and film editing room included in the base package.

This can be great for adding characters to your games, or making background sets and scenes, and cut scenes in between action for your games.

if you use it, make sure your graphics cards are updated, and the first time you use it, you'll need to register for free at their forum, but after that you can use Moviestorm offline with no trouble.
I'm a member there, and they do not spam you with anything.

All this, and the price is right :lol:
http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/
bg38

Postby Mystery » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:40 pm

Sounds great! :D
Thanks Ben, much appreciated :)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby CBSection31 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:17 pm

Moviestorm is a great piece of software that I've been using for a while now for an upcoming project. I highly recommend it to everyone! :D
CBSection31
Code Master

Postby Mystery » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:10 am

Wow really? Seems I have to get it and try it, already two positive votes about it.
Mystery

Postby 3dgamer » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:07 am

Thanks bg38 for posting this! :) I do most of my stuff from scratch the long way but wouldn't mind knowing about apps that can help with short cuts. ;)

Btw, what render output formats does this software support? I went to the site but couldn't find any info on any of the spec pages.

Thanks.
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:51 pm

You have to see this guy's work with MovieStorm! It's incredible!

username: MellowHardy

example: http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/community/index.php?page=videos&section=view&vid_id=101605
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby bg38 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:18 am

@ 3dgamer ; you can render avi, wmv , jpg, bmp stills as well.
theres a codec tab where you can choose various outputs as well.

Image[/img]
bg38

Postby 3dgamer » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:24 am

reneuend wrote:You have to see this guy's work with MovieStorm! It's incredible!

example: http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/community/index.php?page=videos&section=view&vid_id=101605

Thanks for posting this, Reneuend. I like the camera movements that this director uses. I think that the Moviestorm developers really "Aced" that aspect of film making for this software. The lighting is nice to and some of the rendering almost looks photorealistic. I'd like to see where they are in a couple of versions. Very nice!

bg38 wrote:@ 3dgamer ; you can render avi, wmv , jpg, bmp stills as well. theres a codec tab where you can choose various outputs as well.

Thanks for the info on this, bg38...that really helps! :)
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby 3dgamer » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:34 am

@reneuend
reneuend wrote:You have to see this guy's work with MovieStorm! It's incredible!

Thanks for posting this, Reneuend. I like the camera movements that this director uses. I think that the Moviestorm developers really "Aced" that aspect of film making for this software. The lighting is nice to and some of the rendering almost looks photorealistic. I'd like to see where they are in a couple of versions. Very nice!

@bg38
bg38 wrote:@ 3dgamer ; you can render avi, wmv , jpg, bmp stills as well. theres a codec tab where you can choose various outputs as well.

Thanks for the info on this, bg38...that really helps! :)

I may have to wait to get it, though. :( It seems that it needs a huge amount of space as a minimum requirement. Maybe 5-10 GB is not a lot of space for some but I oftentimes operate so close to my HD limit that 5GB is a luxury for me. But I think when I do get some space freed up again, I will take a look at downloading it.

Again, thanks.
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

MovieStorm

Postby Robbie » Tue May 18, 2010 11:36 pm

Hey gang

OK I downloaded this and created a really cool character....I'm just wondering how I go about adding my characters to my AM games?
Robbie

Postby Mystery » Wed May 19, 2010 12:06 am

Welcome to the forums Robbie :)

First of all, you need to know that AM is basically a 2D game creation software.
However, sort of 2.5 D games can be created with it by using the 3rd person plugin (using plugins requires the full version of Adventure Maker).
http://adventuremaker.com/help/third_person_games.htm

There are different ways to use characters in Adventure Maker, I can think of these at the moment:
* include the character as 2D image along with the background (if the character doesn't have to move)
* Create a video with your character, and use the video in Adventure Maker on a frame
* Create a video with your character, and use the cropped video animation in a hotspot on a frame
http://adventuremaker.com/help/videos_i ... crop_video
* Create all necessary sprites to use in the 3rd person plugin (for this, check the poses/positions of the two example characters in Adventure Maker, the robot and the human)

EDIT
By the way as it seems since April 2010, you only get a free trial (non limited) for 30 days for Moviestorm, after that you have to subscribe to be able to use it :(
Mystery

Postby richmondbarthon » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:14 am

Very nice information! Thank you for sharing this to us. I'm not successful at first attempt so maybe I would definitely try again. Just want to know why it freeze in the middle but maybe I should go read it once again and do it slowly but surely.
richmondbarthon

Return to How to make pictures, sounds, and videos