Audacity Ogg Vorbis export skipping

This forum is meant for discussing how to create pictures, sounds, and videos. You can also post technical questions about how to use a particular program (Poser, Lightwave, etc.).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Audacity Ogg Vorbis export skipping

Postby jfcwilson » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:17 am

Hi,

I'm having trouble with Audacity and Vorbis.
Having proccessed a number of raw WAV files, I export to a mono Vorbis file, quality 5.
I open it first with VLC, then Windows Media Player, and both play the file aprx 1.5 seconds late, therefore skipping the first 1.5 seconds.
Any idea why it's doing this, and how I can remedy it?

Thanks very much,
James
jfcwilson

Postby Lyberodoggy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:06 am

I have never worked with audacity. Probably some wrong settings. Anyway, if you don't get that problem when exporting to wav, do so, then convert to ogg with your favourite converter or SUPER converter (my favourite)
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

fixed

Postby jfcwilson » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:40 pm

I fiqured it out. Looks like I have to encode to stereo, rather then mono.
Thanks!
jfcwilson

Postby pennsteve » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:29 pm

Sorry for bumping a 2 month old topic, but I had to reply to this. I just downloaded audacity last night. I thought.....huh? So I went here and there are a ton of tutorials that show how easy it is to use audacity:

http://www.wonderhowto.com/software/audacity-video/

Although when I tried to record my voice, nothing would record.....I dont think I found a tutorial on that page, so I did a search. Turns out that first you have to save an empty project, name it anything you want......then when you open it, you can record your voice or other sounds (make your own game sounds). But you must have a project open to record things using your microphone. Also, your mic must be plugged into your mic jack, not the soundcard.

Well, to sum it up, I am amazed at this program. Being freeware I expected something a LOT less. There are so many cool things you can do with this. (If somebody posted a similar post to mine already, I'm sorry. I did a search for audacity on here and a lot of posts came up).
pennsteve
Expert Member

Return to How to make pictures, sounds, and videos