Creating rooms (interiors)

This forum is meant for discussing how to create pictures, sounds, and videos. You can also post technical questions about how to use a particular program (Poser, Lightwave, etc.).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Creating rooms (interiors)

Postby skybluerob » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:25 pm

Hello

I was just wondering what software people use to create interior rooms? Does anyone use any of the room design type software you can get, or just a normal 3D package?

Thanks.

Rob.
skybluerob

Depends

Postby Harvester » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:38 am

Hi,

I think it greatly depends on the type of objects you need in the room and the overall quality you wish to achieve. Doing the whole 3d modelling yourself -or getting the models from the web- and rendering it in a fine rendering software gives you the most freedom and the best picture quality, but takes quite much time.
The other solution I know is the use of home design softwares, with which I have some experience. I could recommend Home Design AS 4000 for that purpose, which is flexible enough and can make fine rendering, and if I remember correctly can even import 3d objects of your own. That can save a lot of time and effort while giving fine results I think.

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby JasonMc » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:45 pm

Currently trying to use Punch! Home and Landscape Design for my visual design.

Its 6:44 AM right now, though, because I dreamt about trying to use it having problems alllll night long. Sheesh. :roll:
-Jason McDonald
Manager, Programmer
MousePaw Games

--
PocketWatch 1.0 Plugin now available in the Plugins Corner!
JasonMc

Postby skybluerob » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:26 pm

Yes, I've been looking at the Punch products as to the best quality/features/useability.

I think I would probably be after speed over quality at this stage (although still to get a decent enough quality) so maybe I should give it a go with Punch.

Does anyone have any output they have produced with Punch software, and how easy it is to use?
skybluerob

Postby JasonMc » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:14 am

A little more feedback...the user interface is a bit clunky, and a lot of features elusive, but so far, we've been able to get some nice stuff. No pics yet, though.

I'd suggest getting the software from a store ($40 at Target), so you can get the (very thick) user manual in book form.

I personally prefer SketchUp, but that's speaking out using it for four years. :)
-Jason McDonald
Manager, Programmer
MousePaw Games

--
PocketWatch 1.0 Plugin now available in the Plugins Corner!
JasonMc

Return to How to make pictures, sounds, and videos