Video cutscenes

This forum is meant for discussing how to create pictures, sounds, and videos. You can also post technical questions about how to use a particular program (Poser, Lightwave, etc.).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Video cutscenes

Postby poserpal » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:44 pm

Hi guys.

Hi hope someone can help.

Can someone tell me how to insert a video in Adventure maker? An intro, cutscenes, etc?

Thank you
poserpal

Postby reneuend » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:45 am

At the beginning of a scene (Adventure Maker Frame), Go to the frame properties, and click on the Action tab. Select the Play a video checkbox and follow the prompts.

Does that help?
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby poserpal » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:58 am

Thank you for the help, but now it gives me an error. Is the error on the picture.

It appears when i start to run a test.
Attachments
error.png
error.png (288.76 KiB) Viewed 4600 times
poserpal

Postby Simon » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:26 pm

Hi poserpal,
I think you should have posted you message in the Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports section, because it's probably better to get some help.
Maybe an admin could move this thread ?

About you problem, I already had the same error but I don't remember what I did to correct it. I can't really help, but all I know is I (almost) always found answers on the forums. Here's what I can say :

- be sure you have the latest version of AM (4.7), particularly if you use windows 7.

- check if your video encoder is well supported by AM.

- use the search tool of the forums to find people who had the same problem. Be sure you use the "AND" command between 2 (or more) keywords (for example, search : control AND array).

- be sure the hotspot (or whatever plays the video in the game) points to the good video.

- did you use any code to call the video ? Maybe you could copy/paste the code, and someone will have an idea ?

The illustration behind the error message seems absolutely beautiful ! Is it from you ? Good luck !
Simon
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:15 am

I don't think the file is in your Areas folder. Please check the Areas folder in your project.

If you are using AM 4.7, it will be located: documents/Adventure Maker v4.7/Projects/<Project Name>/Areas

report back!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby poserpal » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:54 pm

Thanks for the help guys, but it didn't work! But no proble, i'm going to use swf files converted from avi and it works! :)
poserpal

Postby poserpal » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:57 pm

I'm using version 4.5.2
poserpal

Return to How to make pictures, sounds, and videos