Inventory/Item Problem

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Inventory/Item Problem

Postby Kuka » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:54 pm

Hi, I have a problem. Items (I use *.ico files, 64x64 resolution) in my inventory appears too close to the bottom of the inventory - as seen on the picture 1.jpg. But I would like them regulary in the middle - as seen on the second picture 2. jpg. Anyone any idea how to f?x it? Thank you SO very much!
Attachments
2.JPG
2.JPG (135.85 KiB) Viewed 4230 times
1.JPG
1.JPG (135.65 KiB) Viewed 4230 times
Kuka

Postby Mystery » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:57 pm

Hmmm, I'm not sure... But could it help to diminish the vertical size of the inventory bar?
Last edited by Mystery on Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Candle » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:57 pm

The biggest size you can use is 32x32 .
GM has been ask about it if we could use a bigger size so will have to wait and see if we can.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Kuka » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:17 pm

No way! 32x32? Come on, how long is AM being out there??? And they still haven't found the way to use bigger icons? 32x32?!!! Well, that is really laughable. They should give out amagnifying lenses with every AM for free, because there is no other possibility for players to see clearly what they have in inventory. The same thing is with changing cursors with going over the hotspot. Let's say I have a character on the screen to talk with and I would like to change my regular mouse cursor into a icon of speaking mouth when going over the hotspot with character. But with 32x32 resolution the mouth icon is even smaller then a regular windows mouse cursor and...well, that is kind of sad. It would have to be like 100x100 resolution to be a bit satysfying. Sorry, but I am really shoked. AM is quite legendary editor and not a cheap one indeed. And still it has this BUG. I mean "talk to", "walk to", "pick up" icons and inventory items are THE KEY ELEMENTS OF ADVENTURE GAMES and still stays not fixed in ADVENTURE GAME EDITOR. I am up for petition to GM.
Kuka

Postby Candle » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:33 pm

I see we talk about this before didn't we.
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=2997
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Kuka » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:40 pm

And still...nooothing happend
Kuka

Postby Mystery » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:46 pm

Well, you've asked just 4 months ago, and there isn't a new version of AM (just small changes to make it compatible with Vista). I'm sure that GM will take your suggestions into consideration for the next version. Well, there are many requests, so let's see what he can realise :)
Mystery

Postby GM-Support » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:04 pm

Hi,

Kuka wrote:I have a problem. Items (I use *.ico files, 64x64 resolution) in my inventory appears too close to the bottom of the inventory - as seen on the picture 1.jpg. But I would like them regulary in the middle - as seen on the second picture 2. jpg. Anyone any idea how to f?x it? Thank you SO very much!

While waiting for a fix to support larger icons, you can enlarge the inventory bar by using the following VBScript code:
Code: Select all
InventoryCanvasObject.Height = 15 * X

where you must replace X with the new height in pixels (for example, replace X with 100).

Unfortunately you need to do this every time that an item is added/removed to/from the inventory, because the size of the inventory is automatically reset (the reason is to display 2 or more lines of items when you have lots of items in the inventory).

If you don't want to write the line of code every time that you pick an item, you can put it in a plugin, so that you will just have to check a box under the Plugins tab of the Hotspot Properties. Please let me know if you need help creating such plugin.

Kuka wrote:I am up for petition to GM

I realize that this is an important feature. You are not the only person who would like to be able to use larger icons. I totally agree with you that such a feature is necessary. I will do my best to put it in the road map for the next versions.

Thank you and best regards,
GM-Support
GM-Support

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion