Panorama - help needed

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Panorama - help needed

Postby Harvester » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:41 pm

Hi,

I guess not many here have used panoramic scenes in AM as I haven't seen any games made like that yet, but that might be my mistake, nevermind, so I would need some help.
I am about to create a presentation, if possible, then in AM. I would need to have a panoramic video. I mean the whole panoramic background is a video file, not just a static picture. Is it possible in AM somehow? If not, then is there a known solution, another program maybe?
Thanks in advance, it would be very important for me to solve this issue,

Harvester
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Candle » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:58 pm

Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Imari » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:15 am

Harvester,
You can use a looping video as the background for your non-panoramic frame. You can also have a looping video in a hotspot on a panoramic frame.

Just for a test, I rendered an animation the same size as my panoramic frame and tried to add it in a single hotspot over the whole panorama. I tried adding it as a looping video and also to play once within the panorama, but I couldn't get it to work. I even tried using the gif sequencer plug-in on top of the panorama, but got multiple errors doing that.

I haven't worked with AM in a good while, though, so there still might be a way.
Imari
VIP

Postby Candle » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:31 am

he wants the whole frame a panoramic view.
``````````````
Candle
Administrator

Is

Postby Harvester » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:22 pm

Is that Quicktime-stuff let me have the whole panoramic background animated?
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Candle » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:18 pm

No I don't believe it will. I don't know of anything like that.
So what you want to do is have say a room that you can look around it 360 and still have objects in it that move or able to click on?
``````````````
Candle
Administrator

Not really

Postby Harvester » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 pm

Not really. I would like to have let's say a room in which the things are constantly changing, like if you were a main charachter in a film and you could look around in 360 degrees while in every direction things are happening. So I have a video rendered in the same way like panoramic pictures (so the video is a series of panoramic pictures), and I would like it to "surround" the player.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Candle » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:01 pm

Well don't think it can be done with AM.
But others may have a way to do it?
``````````````
Candle
Administrator

Then

Postby Harvester » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:13 am

Anyway, thanks for the help.
(One more question: can an animated gif be a background image in AM? Propably the background picture of a panoramic scene.... )
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Imari » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:04 pm

Harvester, I did a number of tests yesterday with AM panoramas, trying to combine them with AVIs or GIF sequences that were the size of the panoramic image. Not much luck, I'm afraid --- none actually. I feel your pain....

With a panorama and a GIF sequence running on top of it, you get the panoramic rotation, but the gif sequence only proceeds (very roughly) each time you click. With a looping video playing either in a hotspot within the panorama or as a simple looping video in a hotspot, you get a frame-sized piece of the video showing, no panorama, no cursor movement --- but the video is playing. Sorry.

I don't really know of an engine that will do a 3d panorama with the video in hotspot that you're wanting. In SCream you can have a panorama with a moving sky, but no other video or gif support. With Wintermute, you can do parallax scrolling plus video. And in AM (if you forego panoramas, which have poor quality anyway,) you can transition from side to side between single frames and use both video and gif animations. You can also add ShadowHunter's KeyGuard to AM and cause the transiton to slide left or right on hover over hotspot.

If you do find an engine that will do panoramas with video in hotspot, by all means, please let us know. :wink:
Imari
VIP

I

Postby Harvester » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:40 pm

I will, but I'm afraid it's an impossible try. I'm so disappointed that noone in the world have done any engines like that... nevermind. Thanks for all the help.
Harvester
Forum Master

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion