Adventure Maker v4.4.0 released!!!

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Adventure Maker v4.4.0 released!!!

Postby GM-Support » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:53 pm

Dear AM users and forum members,

I am pleased to announce the release of Adventure Maker v4.4.0! :)

You can grab it here (16MB).

The changes since the Beta2 are:
  • Fixed the iPhone/iPodTouch compiler.
  • The Help Document now has a "Search" feature. Note: The search results will be further improved in the next days because google as not yet updated its index (in particular, the title of each result will become more descriptive than the current plain "Adventure Maker Help" text).
  • New button images (arrows, etc.) in the "Tutorial Graphics" folder, to use in your HTML games to inform the player that there is something to click.
  • Sample project for iPhone and iPod touch included in the AM package.
  • Improved integrity verification routines for both PSP and iPhone/iPodTouch games. This should solve the issues of the blank frames in PSP games.
  • Minor fixes.

You can learn more about the new features introduced in the previous builds by reading about the Alpha1, the Beta1 and the Beta2 (those pages contain screenshots that show the new features).

Here is a summary of the main changes since Adventure Maker v4.3.

Major improvements:
  • Create software for iPhone and iPod touch (in addition to Windows and PSP). Note: some features are not yet supported. For more information, please read Creating software for iPhone and iPod touch.
  • New option under the Project Properties, called "Right-click opens the inventory with access to the menus". When the option is selected, right-click controls the inventory instead of controlling the menu. Furthermore, unless you have also checked "completely hide the menus" (formerly named "remove the drop-down menu at the top of the screen"), the menus are accessible from the inventory, by clicking on the icon in the top-right corner. You can change the appearance of that icon by going to the "Inventory" tab of the Project Properties.
  • Possibility to execute some VBScript code instead of displaying the drop-down menu at the top of the screen. The new option is located under the "Advanced" tab of the Project Properties. For example, you can easily go to a custom menu frame. The code will be executed every time that the menu is supposed to appear, that is: when you press ESC, when you right-click (unless the other option is chosen), when you click on the menu icon that is in the inventory (when the other option is chosen), etc.
  • New experimental and unsupported "Create HTML" feature, to export any game into HTML files to play online. To access it, you must choose "Windows" as the target platform. Note: the limitations are the same as those for iPhone and iPod touch (more info).
Minor improvements:
  • When importing a large picture in a game for Windows, Adventure Maker will ask you if you want the picture to be resized to fit the frame size. Previously, this feature was only available for PSP games.
  • New "800 x 600" and "1024 x 768" frame size options under the Project Properties. Previously, you had to select "custom" and then manually enter the size.
  • New "Jump to Desktop" button in the "Load Project"/"New Project" windows.
  • The "Load Project" window remembers the current directory
  • The hourglass in the PSP games is more visible.
  • New button images in the "Tutorial Graphics" folder.
  • Improved help document (more tips and new search feature).
  • New icon for the "COMPILE" button in the AM user interface.
  • Sample project for iPhone and iPod touch included in the AM package.
  • New "help" button on every menu of Adventure Maker (the buttons lead to the home page of the help document).
  • Compatibility improvements.

GM-Support :)
Last edited by GM-Support on Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Mystery » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:58 pm

Yes, such good news GM! :D
I'm very happy that it's out!!! Thank you :D
I'm really looking forward to trying it out!

EDIT
Already installed 8)
Mystery

nja.gk

Postby Crazygamemaker » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:30 am

Once again you have done a great job GM. :D
AdvenureMaker is so easy even a caveman can use it!
Crazygamemaker
VIP

Postby GM-Support » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:17 pm

Thanks Mystery and Crazygamemaker!

Hi imothep85,

Your post was not removed: the topic about the Beta2 - which was marked as an "announcement" so that it could stayed at the top of the list - is now a topic like any other one, so you can still find it in the list of topics sorted by date (link). I didn't answer on that topic because I was in a hurry to quickly fix the latest bugs and package the release.

If you mean the possibility to have hotspots of any shape (not just rectangular), then no, this feature has not been implemented (it is pretty difficult to implement this feature on top of the existing code, because the controls used for the hotspots, both in Windows and in HTML, are all rectangular).

However, if you mean the possibility to constrain the 3rd person character to walk only on the hotspots, this feature is likely to appear as a separate download. The download will contain just the updated 3rd person plugin, not the whole AM package. It will also contain the source code of the plugin. I will let you know as soon as it is available.

Thanks,
GM-Support
GM-Support

Postby imothep85 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:27 pm

Oh sorry, and thanks i wait for the hotspots, im working allaways on the backgrounds for the moment and of course i can wait.
imothep85

Postby Imari » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:35 pm

Nice to see these changes, GM. Thanks.
Imari
VIP

Postby GM-Support » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:15 pm

Dear tribalxdude,

You post was NOT removed. The topics are arranged by date, so this is why the topic that contains your post has automatically moved down in the list of topics. What post that is supposed to have been removed are you referring to?

As far as the cubic panoramic plugin is concerned, I did say that I will do my best to implement it as soon as possible, but I never said that I could make it in time for v4.4.

Please understand that it takes time to implement the features that you are asking.

I am doing my best to go as fast as possible.

Thanks,
GM-Support
GM-Support

Postby Candle » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:33 am

Topic cleaned . :)
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion