2 objects in the same room (Solved).

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

2 objects in the same room (Solved).

Postby Dalton » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:51 am

Hi everybody. This is Dalton speaking from Brazil. I?m starting to use the AM 4.4 and i have a question. I?m making a room with 2 objects that will be caught by the gamer. When the gamer gets an object, the same object must disapear from the frame, right? So i created a new frame without the object, and created the second path (is how i call the 2? frames copies ) linking the way the gamer will walk without get the object that been caught, because it was already caught. But when the gamer gets the second object, the first object appears in the same place it was before... So the question is: how can i make to the first object caught by the gamer did not return to the place when he gets the second object (oh, the objects are hidden in the room)? Thanks :wink:
Last edited by Dalton on Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Mystery » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:06 am

Hi Dalton, welcome to the forum :)

Use a hotspot image for the 2 objects each, then you can use only 1 frame:
Rightclick the hotspot, and go to the General Tab of the Hotspot Properties, and look at the Hotspot Appearance part. Check "Picture" and import the image of the object (make sure that the background of the image is transparent).
Then go to the Action tab of the Hotspot Properties. Check the box "Hide and disable this hotspot (permanently)". This way, the object will be gone from the screen after the player has clicked it.
Then go to the Item tab of the Hotspot Properties, and check the box "When the hotspot is clicked, add an item to the inventory", choose/import an .ico image for the same object.
Do the same with your second hotspot/object.

(If you're not making a game for Windows, but for iPhone/iPodTouch, you can't work with inventory for now, but rather have to use variables.)

Hope that answers your question :)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Dalton » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:12 pm

I?m sorry, i didn?t get it... the image of the object is the scenario with the object? And the backgroud of the image it have to be transparent? How can i do this (Is the same way i make an icon using the Cinema 4D+Photoshop?) :?:
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Mystery » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:25 pm

Use 1 frame background for your room, and add 2 hotspots in which you load images.

Here is an example with 2 image hotspots (the character, and the coin in the corner). The coin can be picked up, and then the hotspot is disabled (thus, the coin is gone from the screen)

You can use different software to make the background of the hotspot image tranparent, e.g. Photoshop, Gimp, Irfan View etc. Save it as .gif. For the inventory save it as .ico.

I hope that clears your question, otherwise please ask again :)
Attachments
Screenshot.JPG
Frame with 2 image hotspots and 5 blank hotspots
Screenshot.JPG (73.39 KiB) Viewed 5620 times
Mystery

Postby Dalton » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:14 pm

Now you?re talking :P ! But there?s something odd happening. I transform the object to ico, but the adventure maker says something wrong with the format (i used photoshop to save to ico)...
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Dalton » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:56 pm

By the way, thanks Mystery :D . I?m still having the problem with the *ico. I?m using the cinema 4d to make a pic about the object the gamer gonna get, then i use the photoshop to convert to 32x32 and i save as *ico, but when i choose the ico on AM, he doesn?t accept... :(
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Mystery » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:09 pm

Hmmmm, I can't tell you why this happens, I don't have Photoshop. I usually use Irfan View to convert my inventory objects to .ico, and I never had problems. :?
Do you perhaps have another picture software that can convert to .ico files?
Mystery

Postby Dalton » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:59 pm

I?m gonna get the irfan (i think i have this program, but my windows is Vista, so i will download it again. Later i will post here if it worked or not. :wink:
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Mystery » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:54 am

I hope it will work for you, too :)
Mystery

Postby Imari » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:35 pm

Just a note. The background of the hotspot image does not necessarily need to be transparent. If you're using a 3d program, first render your image with the items, then without them. Use the image without the items as your frame. Cut out each items plus a small rectangle surrounding each item from the other image and use these smaller images as your hotspot images. You just have to place them carefully.
Imari
VIP

Postby Dalton » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:15 pm

I have another question (please don?t kill me, hehehe :lol: ). It?s about the transparent background. I?m using a picture of a box opened and inside there?s an object (i?ve already puted the object in the image when i created the room and the box. I used the Cinema 4D). So the picture shows a box openned with an object. When you talked about an transparent backgroud, i did it, but the object on the frame is already on the picture. So my question is: i?m gonna have to make another picture with the box empty and then include the object gif?
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Dalton » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:31 pm

Oh and Thanks Imari. I?m gonna try your tips too. :D
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Dalton » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:04 pm

Thanks everybody :D I don?t have more questions about this. Thank you so much :D
Dalton
Expert Member

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion