Drain Your Brain !?!

This is the place to show your story ideas for games etc, Double Post allowed here.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Drain Your Brain !?!

Postby McWISE » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:51 am

Well by the looks of things there hasnt been a post about pooling ideas in a while, So I thought I might throw some of my thoughts aroun. Feel free to use them in any anyway as I probably will have a hundred more by tomorrow. ( Every one has a idea, but not always the mean to implement it, So frustrating ).

Byte :

Remember the movie tron, they didnt have great graphics by todays standards but the simple lines and colours created something that ended up with a cult following. It would be easy to recreate a "Similar" style of graphics for a game, and of course a storyline is as simple as looking at your computer and the technical problems we as computer users face everyday, or even watching a film like " The Matrix "..

Your Protagonist could be a Security or anti Virus program, that stumbles across a random segment of code whilst preform routine operation within cyberspace... From there the possibilites are endless... The game itself could become quite educational (OMG I didnt say that did I).

Your protagonist could search for other segments of code to find its meaning only to discover it is creating a virus of mass destruction, or it could be hackers from the flesh world ..(Heh, kinda funny that).. and the protagonist needs to stop the actions of the hackers.. any computer technical problem can be used as a plot line or sub plot line.

Well thats just one idea... many more and I will post them too.
Maybe someone can add to these ideas I post and use them for games and projects in development.

Just an Idea 8)
McWISE

Postby Lyberodoggy » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:06 pm

Nice Idea! Could definitely be innovative. But I 've got a Trilogy to finish (well, to start at first) :P
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby McWISE » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:04 pm

A trilogy Lyber, youll be busy.

Another concept,

Tower of Lost Time :

This could be rather educational as well as fun (Im using that naughty word again).

The system of counting time time, days , months ect is very different now to how it use to be thousands of years ago, in fact how do we know that time itself was not lost. A miniute here an hour there...it all adds up.

Your protagonist could be a simple person, a time piece collector, a watch maker, a anybody that inherits a piece of a clock or watch...
A watch that magically transports you to the Tower where time was first recorded.. a place where portals to other times exist... lost time.

But the tower is starting to fail and the stored lost time is leaking into the real world... dinosaurs apear in fuedal japan, Crusaders appear on the battle field of WW 1 ... Pirates in dowtown newyork 1945...

Time must be restored, you have but one piece of an elaberate device to which the pieces have been lost to time itself, your protagonist must enter the portals and find the pieces before time itself unwinnds and all things cease to be.

( A funny concept to this would be finding a piece of the watch behind a grassy bush and yelling " Duck " ... Oh an forgive my bad typos and grammar please )
McWISE

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:14 pm

Hehe! lookie here:
Attachments
calendar.jpg
calendar.jpg (15.75 KiB) Viewed 23642 times
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby McWISE » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:15 am

One the most talked about and interesting Ideas for me is Survival Horror. I am sure most of us have at one point looked at or played games like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Alone in the Dark or The Clock Tower.

I really cant enough about Ideas and concepts for the survival horror genre, There are so many possibilties and ways in a game could be concieved.

Zombies, Spirits, Werewolves, Vampires, Deamons all classic evil character types.

Though you can always twist this around... What if your protagonist was the evil character. Inseat of trying to escape the evil why not be the evil hunting down the innocence... Timing and precission needed to kill your prey undetected. Taking the Good characters out ..one at a time.. slowly surely .. But like anything you prtagonist would have to have a weaknes a drawback to which the smart good people discover and use against use.

I imagine this would be a hard idea to create as planning would be needed.
Though I have seen a movie that can help in understand the complexity of this scenario... The Holwing V... Several guests trapped in a castle and one of them is the werewolf. I know not a great movie, but a useful tool none the less.

Looking back to the list of games i mentioned earlier, Alone in the dark.. Has some unique concepts that could be great when implemented in different ways. The dark itself holds many things to scare us.. and if a flash light is your only way of protecting yourself from the dark, A game where in you need to constantly find batteries for your torch or fuel for a latern would add a element of fear. If the protagonist is left in darkness for more than 30 sec (just a estimate) you would be killed by the things in the darkness..

Impending doom and time plays a big part in any survival horror. As well as the need to escape.

I remember when I was young (ouch ...it was that long ago)
I used to play PnP rpgs (thats pen 'n' paper role play games).
My favourite was a creation from larry niven and steve livingstone called "Dream Park". It had some very useful tools for creating a storyline..

Story lines that still usefull in AM. When you look at the fact that most of the games created with AM gives the " Taking on a role of a protagonist " style of play, its not hard to see why I see click an point style games very similar to old school RPG. Dream Park taught me some simple rules or ideas, 1 every thing need a Time period in which the world you are trying to decsribe is set, 2 Just because the set of the world is one time period dosent limit you to that standard for the rest of your story line, 3 Genres are customizable..Horror can be comedy and action can be drama, 4 What can be done has been done the perspective is make its different. An example of these rules ...

Zombie Cyber-enchanced Dragon Pirates Sailing the Currents of Time Space.. Pillaging Universes of Light and Life

" Huh what the heck " I hear you say... there is a mixture of multiple genres and time periods in the one sentance, yet it is some what interesting ..

The more you mix Time period and genres around the more wild combinations you get .. and that alone creates interest for the player. Because who knows where the next step will take them ....
Last edited by McWISE on Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
McWISE

Postby McWISE » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:20 am

(Post Edit)
Last edited by McWISE on Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
McWISE

Postby Candle » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:07 am

Please edit your last post , you don't need to post one after the other.
Thank you.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Lyberodoggy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:56 pm

Anyway, keep them coming McWise, I love your ideas!
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby McWISE » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:06 am

Thanks Lyber, and my apologies Candle, My forum etiquette is not the best as I am pretty new to posting on forums.

Contracts :

Any time period can be used for this style of game.
If you like the idea of timing and planning than a hitman style game could be do-able, of course certian things would have to be taken into, Use of inventory items to sneak around undected or used in order to subdue an enemy. Limiting the amount of items you can with you on each contract would be ideal as it would make the player think more about which items to use when and where nessecary. Planning would be needed for getting close to a target and then being able to get away .. undetected ..

Timed events.. Im not sure how possible this is in AM but having a countdown timer to achieve a contract would be intresting. So lets look at the most popular of "hitman / assassin" influences, Feaudal japan was constantly and great back drop for many work of fiction regarding assassination, Medievil Europe is a classic ever popular style and of cause we have the modern hitman, In most scenerios I have read or watched that assassin always ends up getting setup, this can be reversed how ever, Have the protagonist be the one to set someone up, only to realises the ultimate motivations behind the setup is more sinister than the act itself.

For example, A minister of economice is framed for a murder by the protagonist, Hired by the right hand man of the minister of war. The minister of war wants the economics minister out of the way so he can use the empires money to recuit warriors to overthrow the King, Your protagonist realises this plot all to late and must now find a way to clear the economics ministers name without implicating himself and expose the war ministers plot.... a hard task for anyone man. But thats the bread and butter of any good adventure... Overwhelming odds, and a bag of tricks.
McWISE

Postby Candle » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:52 pm

Move to the new forum about Storylines.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:01 pm

Nice thinking Candle!

Have you got access to the control panel of the forum?

EDIT: How stupid from me! Of course you have... You are the site's admin!
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby McWISE » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:56 pm

Adventure in its greatest form.

Hero's and adveturers, classic fiction like Indiana Jones spring to mind.
The often forgotten ancient civilizations can hold a many tale and secret treasure, not to mention a million and one traps and puzzles.

These styles of games usally have our protagonist hunting down artifacts of great importance that in some way have a power that can destroy the world. Exploration and exotic locations are a pleanty in this style as well, The more elaborate the setting the more a player is drawn into the story.

Cavern, ruins, mazes, temples are some classic examples of locations and as for treasure well anything from an amulet or ring to book or statue is usally the goal. In some example I have seen a protagonist need to collect several pieces of a item and reassemble the item.

Dangers in this genre often come in many forms, as just about anything is possible. I think my favourite all time enemy was " Undead pygmy's " in "The Mummy Returns". As I metioned before.. Traps.. Yes the good old fashioned trap can be great. A pit here and spear there and even some swining slicey thing is fun.
My mother stated that she did not give birth to me, when I was 4 Yrs of age.

I Replied
"Thats right, I fell from a flying Saucer and landed in your handbag"
McWISE

Postby Lyberodoggy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:43 pm

McWISE wrote:" Undead pygmy's " in "The Mummy Returns"

Yes! I love that movie! :lol:
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby MRM2811 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:01 pm

Been a while since I have been back here. (Chuckles)

That dosent mean I don't still have some ideas to pass around.

One thing that has been plauging me lately is an idea that beyond my reach (in a VBscript that is). I have been playing in microsoft excel creating a spread sheet for an idea I once considered as a card game.

Life a : Wizard

Yes spend your time playing out the life of a wizard, but not in the ordinary fashion that most people would think.

There is alot for a wizard to do, not just casting random spells to defeat a monster. Everything would have to be done via random varibles (hope i spelt that correctly). Your wizard starts off as an apprentice for a grand wizard collecting herbs and minerals that are required for rituals and such.
Though one day you awaken to discover that he/she has died and left all his possesions to you his apprentice. Now this may seem grand and all, but little unknowst to you is the letters of help and pleas from local villages that required the services of a great mage.

This is where your the protagonist comes into play. Not only must you help the people of your land, but you must also comb the books and scrolls of your newly aquired library for new rituals, spells and potions to aid you.

Basically this is how I had planned things to work...

You have ingredients that are accumilated by travelling, plants, minerals and fetishes (such as feathers of pheonix).
These items can be used to create potions in your alchemy lab.

There is also spoken text magics that reqiure you to learn spells before you can use them. (eg. Firamor = Basic flame spell). These must be used in a text format and typed in manually.

You can also enchant item broughht to you or constucted by you on a smithing anvil by using spoken magic and potions.

Last but not least there is a ritual which combine spoken, potions and enchated item as well as materials with the proper pentagram for more indepth issues that arise.

The ways that this cane be used is truely endless for at the end of all your travels you become the wizard that hires an apprentice and pass on your knowledge to your apprentice (next protagonist) and repaet the cycle.

Travelling would take place on a large map screen whith interconecting nodes between villages to your lair. Hitting a node woul call for a code that randomizes if you: find a monster, find some to help, find a place to collects herbs and mineral, find a wild animal to tame into giving you an intem or killing it for an item (depending on if your evil or good) and finding another wizard to exchange spells and items with.

Your lair would consist of varying place and ways to process items. herbs after all can be dired, chopped, boiled and replanted for frsh samples.
Minerals can be chrushed, left whole or melted down.
A familliar would be avaible to help you and give hints on which things to you on completeing a quest. I would prefer choice in all things when it comes to customizing your wizard, colour, speciality in magic and familiar.

Its alot to try and figure out in script.

I have spent ages catalouging herbs, minerals and items from real life on a spread sheet. If any one can take up the guantlet please let me know.
Otherwise its just another idea for someone to play with...

and oh yes I have thouth of a whole line of such games as

Life an : Assassin

Life a : Paladin

Life a .....well what ever you want?
MRM2811
Frequent Poster

Postby Lyberodoggy » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:00 pm

It's neat!
I like it, reminds me of a quest line in Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Well, I can help with the programming, or we could consider working on it as the One Game we' ve been thinking about...

The gameplay must be worked very carefully though, else it will repeat itself many times
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby MRM2811 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:04 am

Heh Lyberodoggy,
You read my mind.

I always like the wizard/mage quest line in oblivion, But felt it was lacking in variety.

And yes gameplay and storyline would need to be constucted quite well, otherwise repetition would be a problem. Though factoring in the need for multiple random elements in every part of the game would help keeps things different.

If you took in to account all forms of magicians from every part of the globe and added those elements into the game as you travel around, including folklore, legend and mythology... well need I say more.

Though quite a large job.
MRM2811
Frequent Poster

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:37 am

Yeah.. Druids, Necromancers, Alchemists, Mages, Sorcerors, Summoners etc

There are many traditions about them around the world
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby MRM2811 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:21 pm

New Story Line.

I was going to use this myself.
But with Shadow Chronicles being so time consuming just for the in game graphics I am scrapping some of my ideas.

Breath:

The deepest region of the Bermudda Triangle holds the greatest mystery of all time, Recently new technologies in 3D imagery have discovered what possibily be the remains of sunken island... Possibly Atlantis.

As deep ocean driller you have been hired to use your manned drilling sub to investigate, Everything goes to plan as you manage to cut to the depth required to get inside the large water filled cavern and start recording images.

Disaster strikes in the form of a underwater seismic quake that traps you inside the cold dark watery grave.... oxygen wont last forever. Power is fading and time is not on your side....

I had already done a title screen and some basic ground work on storyline.
Youll find the Title screen on my web page if you want it.
Otherwise another idea from me to you ... Play with it as much as you like.

(Edit)

I Should have also mentioned this one too...

Thorn:

Many years ago, a kind old woman named Rosa Thorne cared for the large community gardens and hedge maze located near the edge of town. It was her life as she had started the project as she started to reach her twilight years and wanted to enrich her life and do some good for the community. Misfortune struck when was witness to murder late afternoon in her beloved hedge maze, Poor rosa was chased through her own mazed and eventually murdered.
Her final words were a mystic bond and her gypsie blood line provided a means to end in creating a nasty little vengful spirit of a rose plant.

Her little minion quickly dispatched of the killer, but all to late as she passed on before she could reverse the curse. Years later the gardens have become a place which no man tread and local urban legend speaks of the Rose plant now named "Thorn" by the local children.

The wild overgrowth of plants in the hedge maze and gardens make it near impossible for anyone but the most nimble and smallest to navigate.
So when a group of children dare to enter the now locked gardens as a form of initiation to local group, They soon discover Thorn is very much real and still willing to kill anyone that enters the gardens.

This was at first a short story I was working on some years ago and shelved it for other work that I had already started. Recently though I have been going through some of my old files and looking at storylines I never completed. Thorn was a nasty little invention I had during a nightmare and still occasionally haunts me to this day. One his most interesting quirks was that he grew larger with each drop of blood he got from his victims until he was large enough to crush you in his grip and impale you on all his thorns.

I wouldnt recomend this one for any young players, depending on how you wanted to recreate it.

So enjoy thinking on that little tale and let me know if you use it.

:)
Just PM me three things, a location, a time period and a item.

I will send you back a story line.
MRM2811
Frequent Poster

Postby Lyberodoggy » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:06 am

MRM2811 wrote:New Story Line.

I was going to use this myself.
But with Shadow Chronicles being so time consuming just for the in game graphics I am scrapping some of my ideas.

Breath:

The deepest region of the Bermudda Triangle holds the greatest mystery of all time, Recently new technologies in 3D imagery have discovered what possibily be the remains of sunken island... Possibly Atlantis.

As deep ocean driller you have been hired to use your manned drilling sub to investigate, Everything goes to plan as you manage to cut to the depth required to get inside the large water filled cavern and start recording images.

Disaster strikes in the form of a underwater seismic quake that traps you inside the cold dark watery grave.... oxygen wont last forever. Power is fading and time is not on your side....

I had already done a title screen and some basic ground work on storyline.
Youll find the Title screen on my web page if you want it.
Otherwise another idea from me to you ... Play with it as much as you like.

This one is my taste and could work with some vb tricks... If anyone could throw in an artwork or two and the ideas for the riddles I can code. Always.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby MRM2811 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:11 pm

I went diggin through my folders recently and found some gems that never got finished, writers block..lol..me ..

But as I have always thought, when someone starts an idea ...there is someone to finish it. I present you one of my thoughest challenges.
Maybe it can converted into a game.

Animagica

many years ago, witch hunts and trials were common place.
Several women and men were crucified, burnt and tortured... But what of the familars.

This story relates to a lot of factual evidence that gathered over the years.
We all remeber (or hopefully do kknow of) minstral on the battle field.
They inspired soldiers to increase moral not unlike a bard singing at a local tavern during the darkest times of history. These songs inspired warriors and fighting men alike. But the use of music for inspiration was not limited to the battlefield alone. Wicthes and wizards chanted (Yes chanting is a form of music) alongside the familars from which true power was granted. Merlin had a familar, as did many witches and wizards though out history. Egyptians revered cats while the indians believe in the spirit of wild animals such as bears hawks and wolves.

During the bleak times of struggle when witches and wizards, shaman and witch doctor were rejected over our history, it was the familars that escaped the pages of history and escape our world for that matter.
Using ancient gates such as stonehedge and the great wall of china, pyramids and temples the familars with power to grant left our world.

Enter ther'ye world, they have evolved into bipedal species, walking on two legs, capable of speech, but more importantly to our story - capable of magic. For eons they have lived seperate to our existance, divided by difference and different opions. Those that want to return to our world and those that wish not to see the hatered and fear of man enter they're world.

There is a prophecy that tells of six childrens born of the likeness of man into there realm. These six will become halved and finally unite all under one banner. These six have the power of music and inspiration fueled by the magics of familars. Three males - three females. You would enter this story as one of thos six children, your choices, your ideals would determine the path of a culture and reopen the gates to the world of man.... or bury them in the sands of time.

As you would have guessed, music is the strongest part of this story.
as well the ability to create bipedal animals that currently know today.
I had designed 3 parts to this story, but leaving the choice to the player of if the gates reopen would throw my idea out of line.

Main quest and puzzle would deal with the children growing into a world to which they are ... not part of... but more feared. Musical puzzle could well be used and the reopening of the gates could have something to do with music itself.

Maybe someone can use this..or perhaps reinvent it.
I leave it to all to you

MRM2811
Frequent Poster

Postby Zenoc2 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:27 pm

For anyone who comes along wanting to use one of these storylines, remember that we already have a team working on the one for "Breath", so it's no longer available.
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby MRM2811 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:50 pm

In essence yes, but the idea and how it can be reinturprated is not Zenoc2.
I post everything here as a form of inspiration. Someone could read breath and reinvent the idea in space.

Yes we are working on the original idea that I concieved but I cant copyright a idea my friend. People especially artists look for all forms of inspiration and I offer it freely.

If someone can use and idea posted here they can do so. after all not everything of the story is given away is it not. Just an idea of what a story may contain. Plus a reinterpration of what is here and what someone else can come up with is just as exciting as the idea itself.

We all post our ideas for people to use, part of the basis of this forum is the cooperation of ideas and structure (Thats just my belief). Afterall, we post tutorials and plugins for eachother to use freely. I wouldnt want people to belive that the story lines I post be soley for my use and that I post them here so no one can use them.

When you look at some of the great works in history they too have been reinvented, look at frankenstien, jack the ripper, and many more.
Anything that one person can do someone has done or will redo.

Not meaning any disrespect to your post Zenoc2 of course, just adding a few words as so nothing is misinterpretued (OMG thats a odd word)

:D

MRM2811
Frequent Poster

Postby mercedes » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:16 pm

A few of the storylines here..remind me of t he games..from Esklavos..which i enjoy alot..!~..Not sure if u ever played them..if not theyre worth looking at..theyre games made for online..:D

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby MRM2811 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:07 am

Been a while since I posted anything in what is my fav topic,

Im~a~verse !

I know it sounds odd,
With science fiction revolving around the possibilities of of things such as dimensions and innerverses I looked more for an unknown idea and as always my mind wandered into the obscure....

Im~a~verse is a concept in which a new "verse" is created from inspiration and imagination, creation born purely from the dreamers idea and thought. For a troubled young artist who views the world as a dark bleak nightmare that parallels to her imagination, she draws dark visions that represent her own struggle with life. But as all protagomists are troubled and often met with diverse obstacles, this poor young girl has been rejected and committed by her own parents. In this strange new place the protagonist finds children like herself, artists of all kinds. Encouraged and praised for the skills the each posses by the one responsible for helping these children find a new acceptance - Dr. Dravin - Head of the childrens psychology development programme.

But for what reason is this good doctor helping these children, why does keep all the art work to himself?
All seems to good to be true for our young heroine to be, and of course it is. Strange noises in the middle of the night, childrens that dissapear and the whispers shared amongst children.

Nothing of which prepares the young girl for the adventure into her own creations and the art of others. She alone discovers a truth, a hidden art of entering a Im~a~verse and the verses of others.

........................................................................................

Some one could really let themselves run wild with this...
Peace all and please people help continue this thread by throwing some ideas around so we can all help eachother out by bouncing ideas around and having fun.

MRM2811
Frequent Poster

Postby Zenoc2 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:01 pm

That sounds a lot like a book series I once read, I just can't remember the title.

Good to have you back, Idea Guy. :wink:
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby MRM2811 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:23 am

Thanks Zenoc II,

You possibly may have encountered in it Clive Barker "The Great and Secret Show" + "Imajica" or Simon Clarke's "Red Z".

Nice to be back onlline agaiin.

MRM2811
Frequent Poster

Postby MRM2811 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:45 pm

Recently I have been playing around with an idea,

I was watching the cat next door as it was trying to stalk a couple of parrots (No I scare the birds off before that cat could get them).
The funny thing was the way the animal summized and acted on a rational basis, move quietly, watch my prey, circle behind as not to be seen and pounce. Once the birds had flown away, the cat meowed and another cat appeared and walked up to him, as if they talking about the bad luck they had.

My brain popped an idea, instead of people, what if the protagonist was an animal. Of course one of my favourite animal is the wolf, so I start contructing a basic idea of scenario for wolf adventure game.

The protagonist is the den mother Ula, and her pups Kain and Shar are lost in the wilderness after voilent snow storm. Your mate Zeff has been missing who days and you fear he has been trapped by hunters of or worse, killed by a rival alpha male.

Now you must try to track down your pups whilst eluding hunters, avoiding traps and surviving the elements.

....... ........ .......

Basically if it was possible (I'm sure lyberodoggy would know a way) one could set up skills such as, howling, digging, sniffing to locate and track movements of people and pups alike. Probably would only have one inventory space as to mimic the wolf hold something in her mouth and also the need to drop the carried item in order to howl. Possible functions of carrying a branch would be to throw into a jaw trap in order to set it off so you can get past it.

Since I am not much of a artist I decided not to follow this project.

So just another idea to pass on for you all to think about.

PS. If anyone does pick up this idea, please me know as I would be very interested how someone runs with the idea.

MRM2811
Frequent Poster

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:56 pm

I love wolves. They are beautiful animals. I think in Okami, the main character was a wolf.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby reneuend » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:42 pm

I'll have to remember this one! Copy/Paste/Save!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby MRM2811 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:33 am

*Chuckles at Reneuend copy/paste/save*

At some point in our lives we have or will be the wrong person in the wrong place at the wrong time. My all time favorite example of this is a movie aptly named "The wrong man". Though yes even I have had a unlikely, untimely and unfortunate series of event happen to me. (Not the same as in the movie...)

This series of events is always fun to play with, espically if your protagonist can't remember anything about who, why, when or what happened.

A idea I played played around with a while a few years ago was about a young man waking up in a brokedown chest freezer seemingly in the middle of no where on the side of the road.

"Where in all hells amI, How did I get here"

Checking the contents of his pockets he finds he is carrying a bloody pocket knife, womans lipstick, a packet of home made biscuits and a christmas card from someone named Bob.

(A conspiracy of major proprtions jumps straight into my head, then again I do love a good conspiracy...)

Walking along the road for what seems to be several hours he finally see's the resemblence of what appears to be a small township up ahead. Upon reaching it he finds the town completely deserted, cars left running, plates of food sitting at tables at local cafe's, the power is out, the phones are dead and yet no sign of bodies or any sign of struggle.

He catches his own reflection in of the shop windows, yet it dosen't stir any memory, not even a notion of recognition. Further investigation proves to be devistating when he finds a picture of himself pinned up at the local police station with the words "MISSING: 21/07/07 - Aden Mitchell" written underneath. Checking a local newspaper reveal that you have been missing for 2 years.

(Right now I am thinkning aliens ..)

Was just some one in the wrong place at the wrong time, or was he meant to be somewhere doing something, why can't he remember. Where is everyone else...

Still I only got so far in the writting of this story before getting sidetrack into another storyline..and I haven't thought of it until just recently whilst cleaning out storage boxes.

Maybe you can fill in the gaps.. Or at least use this idea.

MRM2811
Frequent Poster

Next

Return to Storylines