Feug Shui-Escape Game

This forum is meant for announcing games (both under development and finished).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Feug Shui-Escape Game

Postby mercedes » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:48 pm

This is my second game..

http://www.mercedes-games.webs.com

http://www.mercedes-games.webs.com/FEUG_SHUI.exe

Thank you so much..~:)

Games are now distributable as .EXE files.

This is an multi-room escape game..find and collect items and solve puzzles..:D
Attachments
Office_1.JPG
Office_1.JPG (46.92 KiB) Viewed 6285 times
livingroom_one.JPG
livingroom_one.JPG (70.06 KiB) Viewed 6284 times
Last edited by mercedes on Sun May 04, 2008 6:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:02 am

Seems to run nice on my computer. I would suggest turning the sound a bit up, because I can hardly hear it when my speakers are at half the full volume.
Any way I 'm stuck at the riddle with the code-requesting box...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:09 am

I wanted to open up mygame again..but when i went to do so ...a message came up and said that if you open this game..you could seriously harm it..something like this....this was after i compiled it..so it scared me off ...

I had it loud at first..but i feard it would get on some of ppl's nerves cause its a ditty i made ..wasnt sure if anyone would find it annoying cause it ws so loud..but ya..i would like to do that...

any ideas on the message..? it gave me...I didn't get that before..with the first one...i was able to open it up ...after compiling it..
mercedes
VIP

Postby Mystery » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:27 am

It runs also fine on my laptop. And I'm also stuck like Lyberodoggy :P

It's difficult to say anything about the error message without knowing exactly what it was - "you could harm it or something like this" is too vague to judge what it is.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby mercedes » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:37 am

Code: Select all
WARNING!

The selected project contains data in a format that must be converted in order for it to be opened with the current version OF AdventureMaker. Clicking ok will cause that data  to be automatically converted. this operation may take several seconds.

Since the operation may cause serious damage to your project, it is STRONGLY recommended that you create a back up copy of  you project before continuing..

I hit cancel cause its scared me...what do i do...not really sure on how to create back up copy and this is the first time i see this..

As for where u are stuck...you have to type in the exact phrase..

think of a reallly popular one....i'll pm you..lol

oh and OMG..thank you for testing it Mystery..I almost forgot to say thank you..:D..thank you very much..!
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:13 pm

copy the project folder to your Documents and let AM convert it... There will be no problem since you have a later version and not an earlier.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:38 pm

I want to thank you for responding..both on the game [pm you sent] and for this error message..You make an excellent moderator..:) Stay cool kiddo..~

Just so I know I have this right...to copy it to documents you mean by right clicking it>>copy>> right click>>paste to documents.I'ts already in there though..

I had heard not to have more than one copy of it..that this could cause problems..? is this accurate ?

for me to have 2 in the same folder or even just 2 wasn't good..

By the way why would i get this message..it doesnt make sense..i made game with this version..?

I'm having no luck at all with AM and error messages..:(
mercedes
VIP

Postby Mystery » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:20 am

It is indeed strange that you get this error message suddenly if you haven't changed anything...

You can have copies of the same game in the same folder, just make sure that they don't have the same name, otherwise I don't see any problems with that.

Just do as you said (rightclick->copy and then paste), and try to open the copy to see what happens.

EDIT
I went back to your game after your hint.
So far I can say that your game looks nice :)

The password is spelt wrong - so if you don't leave a note to find, where it is written, but players have to guess it, you need to make sure that it is correctly spelt, otherwise nobody will be able to solve it.

For the "buttons" puzzle - even with your walkthrough I can't get it to work - tried in different ways already. Is there a specific order?
Btw, I'm not sure how a player is supposed to guess what they must enter there if there are no hints (or did I miss something?) :?
Mystery

Postby Lyberodoggy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:04 am

Yes that's what I meant with copy. But in another folder (usually the projects are in C:\Program Files\Adventure Maker\projects that's why I suggested copying it in your documents. I 'd also suggest you used something like the code in my tutorial for displaying the chars in the textbox if you ever compile it with full version for the puzzle with the hidden word, because currently it's difficult to remember how many letters you 've pressed...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:11 am

I'm not sure what u mean where the password is concerned...u can press the letters at any time as long as its in order...there are no variables on the other letters..so yo can.. say hit the first three letters..leave the screen and come back and enter the other ones....it doesnt' matter...besides do u not see the hi nt on the screen itself ? Are they too small..probably eh..?.

Of course if this is the one you are talking about..:)

I'll PM you Mystery..

The password is spelt wrong - so if you don't leave a note to find, where it is written, but players have to guess it, you need to make sure that it is correctly spelt, otherwise nobody will be able to solve it.

OMG..I'm such a loser..lol..I can't beleive i spelled that wrong..I"m french..so it's hard for me to see words properly in english..It rarely happens to me..but on the occasion with certain words it does..lol.ll.

.ok so now for me to edit...I guess i have to edited it and then compile it again......

This time I'll leave the O in there..originally i had that letter in it..but it looked so easy to me then...but I"ll do it anyhow..Because the only hint for that password is on the screen itself..

Second game......I promise I'll get better..:)..Here's hoping..

At this time i'm going to disable it on the website..cause that's just too embarrasing.. :oops:

I made a little ditty with the music maker yesterday..and for this game..OMG..I love the the music maker..youdon't have to read or know music to play with it..I thought you did which is why i stayed away from it..The music maker is too cool..~!

By the way..if it's not too much trouble..could yu please describe step by step instrutions on how you installed the game please..download and isntallation..just trying to figure out where its best to download too and intall from..

Many many..many thanks..:D You guys are great..!
mercedes
VIP

Postby Mystery » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:45 pm

Thanks, now I understand the solution of the code; but still had a bit difficulties to click them in the appropriate order :lol:

You don't need to install an .am1 file. (You only need to install the .exe file that you can make with the full version of AM)

I just click the download link, and it downloads automatically into MY DOCUMENTS folder.
Then I just double-click it to play it.
Mystery

Postby mercedes » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:12 am

Game is fixed..

Added a better hint..

also fixed game links to match..new files..:)

Thank you very much for all of your help..in this to the both of you..Thank you..!
mercedes
VIP

Postby Mystery » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:05 pm

You're welcome :)
I'm going to check the new version later.
Mystery

Postby mercedes » Sun May 04, 2008 6:28 am

Games are now distributable as .EXE files now...yayy..:D
mercedes
VIP

Return to New Games Announcements