New Members Thread

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

New Members Thread

Postby Chromegloss55 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:44 pm

I just had a thought...

Often, new members are unsure of where to go to get their questions answered. Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to have a thread specifically for where new members can go and ask questions etc.

Otherwise, the other idea that I had was to give one of the existing threads a less threatening or confusing name as I often find new members post their questions in the wrong threads.

I dunno, what do you think? I just being hypothetical here...
Last edited by Chromegloss55 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:55 am

Speaking of me, this idea is good... I 've noticed wrong-thread posting by newbies too.

To be honest, I 've done that too back when I was a novice.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Mystery » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:46 am

Chromegloss, for the clarification: are you talking about a new thread = topic for new members, where all questions go in, or do you rather mean to create a new subforum (like the "Adventure Maker General Discussion", "Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports" etc.) for questions of beginners?

If you mean to create a new subforum, then it may be worth to think about it in my opinion for the following reason:
I often receive PMs on other forums, and also emails from new AM users with beginner questions. They often tell me that they prefer to contact me in private rather than to post "noob questions" (their words) on the official AM Forums.
It's not even the question of posting in the wrong subforum - mods and admins can move them, so that's not a big problem - but maybe it would make the forums "less scary" for a part of new users who are afraid to post here basic questions.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby cpkspikyhair » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:34 pm

I like your subforum idea, Mystery :D .

I would split Technical Support into two more subforums:

Newbie Questions
Don't be afraid to ask questions here - anyone who posts bad comments will be banned from the forum.

Scripting
Ask your questions about scripting here.
PSPPC GameMaker!! Where you can find PSP and PC games up for download!
cpkspikyhair
Games Page Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion