The Commercial version

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

The Commercial version

Postby Eddiegutt » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:42 pm

I'm saving and considering getting the commercial licence, but what do I get, exactly? Are there plugins or help to bundle a game, creating a downloadable "function", a way to charge creditcards?
And do I get a complete and comprehensive userguide & tutorial? (The present one is very hard to use or print...) - :? :? :?
Eddiegutt

Postby Mystery » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:15 pm

Here is a comparison between the free version and the noncommercial/commercial version:

http://www.adventuremaker.com/overview.htm

There are some plugins and scripts created by ShadowHunter, just take a look at his website, you will also find demos for them. Of course these can be only used in noncommercial/commercial version of AM.

And if I remember correctly Candle posted the helpfiles in a downloadable format on the forums here:
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=1734

Hope that gives you a picture on the payed version of AM. If you have further questions or something is not clear, please post again :)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Re: The Commercial version

Postby Skye » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:48 am

Eddiegutt wrote: or help to bundle a game, creating a downloadable "function", a way to charge creditcards?
And do I get a complete and comprehensive userguide & tutorial? (The present one is very hard to use or print...) - :? :? :?

The commercial version will allow you to sell your game for money. It will provide no assistance in getting your game to market.

If you need to create a downloadable file, there is an option to compile the game into chunks. Where you find hosting space is up to you.

There is no function the will allow you to charge credit cards built into AM, you would need to set up a PayPal account and a shopping cart feature (or something similar) to be able to charge purchases to credit cards.

All AM will do for you is give you a way to create your game and compile it into an .exe file. Anything beyond that is up to you to source.
Skye
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Sat May 10, 2008 1:07 am

I had assumed with commercial use you had a way of making money with Adventuremake also...with ads or something..Think i read somewhere on the home page about this..?

I wish there was apost though on ways to make money with commercial version..would be helpful..:)..Other than sell games..Mine are free..If someone has ideas, would be great to hear them..~

wow just realized how old this post was..

Moderator delete this if its bumped old an old post..please..:) I did a search and seen this post and though to ask this..
mercedes
VIP

Postby GM-Support » Sat May 10, 2008 12:29 pm

GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby mercedes » Sat May 10, 2008 12:39 pm

(temporarily removed by GM - please read your Private Messages for the answer to your questions)

Thank you, I was just coming here to delete this..:)
mercedes
VIP

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion