STUMPED.....not sure how to do this...

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

STUMPED.....not sure how to do this...

Postby mercedes » Mon May 12, 2008 8:59 am

Not sure if this is posted in the right area; I apologize if not..

I am trying to do something here and I have no idea of how to go about it

I want to to make say fog on a mirror and have the user wipe it off Slowly..and see words or numbers..whichever..

I thought of drawing a mirror with what would look like fog and have that frame go to frame without fog..and see the words..but it happens kinda fast..and not really the effect i wanted..i kinda wanted them to see it slowly..word per word..LIke wiping off the mirror with..more than one drag of the cloth orwhatever they use..Not sure if im making this clear.. :cry:

I'm not sure if this is possible or not..if not..and someone knows its not..can you let me know..so as i can stop wracking my brain..lol..

Or any ideas of any kind would be appreciated.. I have never made an .avi file..I wonder if that's what i could use..But have NO clue how to go about that.. :?

Many Thanks for any input..:)

Moderator..please move to appropriate thread if its in the wrong area..Many thanks..:)
mercedes
VIP

Postby Imari » Mon May 12, 2008 1:45 pm

Use a frame for each exposed letter and then make each one timed accordingly and/or give them a long alpha transition?
Imari
VIP

Postby mercedes » Mon May 12, 2008 3:56 pm

So are you saying..say the word was "WORD"..make it so there are four frames..then..one for each letter..and each frame in transition..alpahblend..say 8 seconds..or so..

Just want to make sure I understand suggestion..:)

Is this what you mean..?..

Many thanks for responding..!..:)
mercedes
VIP

Postby Imari » Tue May 13, 2008 2:20 pm

Yes, and you can use timed frames or require a click on the mirror between frames.... depends upon how much interactivity you're going for.
Imari
VIP

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion