Rippling water..effect

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Rippling water..effect

Postby mercedes » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:32 am

Hi there..

I"m trying to use the water effect on flames ..i uploaded what looks like two torches..and when i uploaded them..they were dancing [animated] .but now in the frame they won't..

I was wondering if i could use water effect on them..but theyre across the room from each other..it won't save more than one ...like i select one torch and use effect..and then try to do other and i lose the last one..doesnt seem to save both done..

Is there a trick to it..do i have to select the whole screen..was really only wanting effect on torches so they look lit and a pic i have in there of lava..coming from volcano..this one is a normal pic..not animated

T.I.A.

*EDIT* Never mind..figured it out..:D

For anyone who answers..:D
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:48 pm

I got an answer you may like anyway...

Just add the water effect in the coordinates you want but in another frame and merge it with the frame you want with Runtime Frames Merging...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:26 am

I'm not sure I get what you mean..to have water effects..in two frames? or more than one..
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:59 am

You can create in frame 2 the effect you want to appear in frame 1, then merge it to have the effect displayed in the frame 1
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Mon May 12, 2008 2:28 pm

Can you please tell me how to disable water effects during run time..at a certain time..

Like am i able to disable water FX..during run time as a variable..

In other words..i want the user to see something behind water FX..usually if u have a hotspot..and water FX. you don't see the hotspot.

.Also wanted it to happen at a certain time...with a variable..Once the variable becomes one...Where the FX is..i want to see the hotspot now..

Not sure if this is clear or not...:(
mercedes
VIP

Postby Candle » Mon May 12, 2008 2:48 pm

Make a dup of the frame and go to that one after so many sec and that frame has no ripple.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Mon May 12, 2008 5:14 pm

ah ok....

I want the user to wipe the window...[where water effect is]..and when done...see the hotspot..kind of like u would wipe fog off of a mirror..But I thought i would do it with water effects instead..Therefore it looks like smokey fog or something..Which is why i thought of disabling it ...but it would have to be in run time..But i guess making it go to another frame would be much easier..for sure..

I'm not sure what im trying to do..been stumped with this frame for more than a day now..lol..

Thanks very much..for response..:)
mercedes
VIP

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion