More Questions..~

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

More Questions..~

Postby mercedes » Fri May 23, 2008 12:05 pm

:shock: That should be a shocker.."Me" have questions?.. :lol:

I do have questions..though... I have searched but am unable to find.. :oops:

1. Is there a way to make "TEXT".. in the Advanced tab.. [Whatever text that appears on the screen by way of code] in [italic or bold, or underlined]..

2. Buttons- I would like to have buttons that get pressed..to go up and down..Is there a code I can add for it to do this..?..I hope these aren't dumb questions.

3. I gather there is no way of Editing an icon outside of Icon Editor, would really like to be able to use the light effects to some of the icons..

4. Is there a way.say have an icon of a match with fire on it..in the inventory..

5. I see there may be a way of having an icon in the inventory and have it open up in a new window..but is there away of draggin an item onto it..in the same window....

6. Last question....I would really like to learn how to make a video. ..If I can do it with pictures.. I would like to know how they did the .avi file of the key in lock.[game in adventuremaker]

Or, Mystery if you see this..how you made the video of the Air Balloon..in the game Insane Escape..It would be neat to have something of a car going down the road..cartoon or otherwise..Can this be done with just pictures..?

Softwares i have are

ArcSofVideo impression~
Movie maker with windows..~..
Both can be saved in .avi format, I beleive..

Clueless on how to make a video file...feel really dumb about asking this.... :oops:

Ok well..Thanks soo much for tolerating all of my questions.. :)
mercedes
VIP

Postby Chromegloss55 » Fri May 23, 2008 2:20 pm

Okay, I only know the answers to some of these:

1) Try this code (I don't know if it works)

Code: Select all
Text(1).Property = Value

2) I don't think you can. Try this code:

LoadControl ButtonObject(1)

3) Icons are limited files, they can only hold a certain number of colours.

4) I'm sure there is.

5) Not sure.

6) You'd want some professional enough software. I generally use music maker (not the one that comes with AM) to create an animation, export it as WMV and use a WMV-AVI converter.

Other people will probably be able to answer these better...

See ya...
Last edited by Chromegloss55 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sat May 24, 2008 9:52 am

Probably there's something wrong with your post Chromegloss... You use music maker for animations :?: :?: :?:

Anyway, mercedes if you mean having a text that is able to scroll down, use this code *IT MIGHT WORK*

LoadControl TextBoxObject(1)
TextBoxObject(1).Multiline=True
'Here goes a command I don't know but must be something like TextBoxObject(1).VerticalScrollBar=Enabled
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Music maker

Postby Harvester » Sat May 24, 2008 1:44 pm

Note: some music maker softwares which also support animations will let you do that, so there's nothing wrong with Chromegloss :)
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby mercedes » Sat May 24, 2008 10:35 pm

Anyway, mercedes if you mean having a text that is able to scroll down, use this code *IT MIGHT WORK*

I'm not sure what you mean by text that scrolls..but I'll have to try it to see what you mean...I wanted to do text in italic..in some parts of the text that appeared on my screen..or bold ..

My main question was I guess, buttons or a pillow that can go up and down..<<Don't think you should have to change frames for this..? Seems the long way..I would gather it would be the same way to do a button as it would a pillow...no?..

And a video..like a quick video...I'm still searching for it all though.. :lol:

I will try your tutorial...I think what it does is put scroll bars in the boxes..kinda like this one here we write in appears..? Which would be kind of neat to know..I';ll let you know if it works..:D
mercedes
VIP

Postby Chromegloss55 » Mon May 26, 2008 4:23 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by text that scrolls

Multiline is a property that stops text from just going on and on (i.e it goes onto the next line).

Note: some music maker softwares which also support animations will let you do that, so there's nothing wrong with Chromegloss

Yep. :)

There is another piece of software called 'Music Maker' that I use that will also allow you to import images or video and arrange them to music. That's how I post-produce soundtracks...
Last edited by Chromegloss55 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby mercedes » Mon May 26, 2008 4:26 pm

Actually I wasn't looking for text that scrolls..but it's good to know..:D

As for the program you are using.."Music Maker"...thats the one Chromegloss uses too.. :P
mercedes
VIP

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion