Help On Game Creation

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Help On Game Creation

Postby Micknash » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:37 pm

Help, on my new game i have made it so when I use Item_x on hotspot_1 which is in a screen which is in a room change the wall in that screen when i use it so a door appears, but every time you leave that screen and go back in the door will be gone.. is there anyway to make the screen change for good after I have used item_x on the hotspot there????

Also is there also a way to make the inventory at the bottom of the screen?
Micknash

Postby Mystery » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:15 pm

I have already replied to your post on the other forum. :)

But here my answers again (it seems that you have already solved the inventory problem, since you didn't post it here):

I would do it like this:
Create a hotspot for the door, add the picture of the door to it (General Tab -> Hotspot Appearance)
Go to the variables tab, and set it so that the hotspot is only enabled if the variable door=1 (you need to create a new integer variable called door).
Create a second hotspot on top of the first hotspot, and leave it blank. Click the "Manage inventory" link on the Frame Editor. Drag the item onto that hotspot. Select the "remove the dragged item..." on the Action tab.
Go to the Variables tab, and set it so that the variable door becomes the value 1.
Then the door should show when you come back to the screen, and not disappear.

No, currently the inventory at the top of the screen is the standard.
With the full version of AM, and a lot of scripting, it would be possible to create a custom inventory, but would be a lot of work. I'd suggest you to use the standard inventory at the top of the screen :)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Micknash » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:48 am

I saw a post like this in your tutorial, But I thought they may be a way exactly like this but for use of rooms, but thank you I will update my game now it seems to be coming on pretty decent :)

For the inventory part it was mainly because it has So much black left going >> That way and VV That way.
Is there anyway to change the size of the screen in-game?

Also is there any way so I dont have to drag the items but so I can click them and then click where I want it to go?
Umm do you have msn? I Am really struggling And was hoping you could help me.

Edit again, its not an item I am using with appears the door, I am pressing a switch..
Micknash

Postby Mystery » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:45 pm

You can adjust your inventory. Go to the Project Properties, then to the Inventory tab. There you can change the horizontal and vertical spacing.

You can't really change the screen size in-game, but you can choose the screen resolution for your game. Again in the Project Properties, then go to the Options -> "Show options to automatically change resolution".

For your inventory question my answer is the same as above. It is possible to create a custom inventory with the full version of AM and lots of scripting. The inventory at top of screen with items to drag is the default inventory.

Sorry, I'm not using chat programs.

If you're pressing a switch to make the door appear, just create the first hotpot of the door as described above.
Then - instead of creating a hotspot on top of it, create a hotspot for the switch somewhere.
Then go to the Hotspot Properties -> Variables tab -> "Change the value of one or more variables when the user clicks this hotspot" (select that the variable "door" becomes the value 1).

Good luck :)
Mystery

Postby Micknash » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:49 pm

Lol the switch is behind the door... xD
Micknash

Postby Mystery » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:47 pm

Hmmm, you are using a switch to make the door appear, but the switch is behind the door? :shock:
Sorry, I don't think I understand this concept now :?

Anyhow, I hope that my posts help you to realize what you wanted to do :)
Mystery

Postby Micknash » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:10 pm

Lol I press the switch and the door appears over it, but it doesnt matter now Ive moved the button :P
Micknash

Postby Mystery » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:24 pm

Aha, I see :lol:

Okay, hope it works now :)
Mystery

Postby Micknash » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:55 pm

Yas it works :)
Its coming along good, for a hint its a 'Family Guy' Escape game :P
Don't think anyones actually done that before...
And I want you to test it first once ive done it ok to tell me how to improve and the bad points of it ;)
Micknash

Postby Mystery » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:50 am

I'll see what I can do ;)
I'm swamped with request to beta-test games of new users, but let me know when it's finished.

Good luck! :)
Mystery

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion